<><> The "Official" DISNEY RECIPE Exchange! <><> 1850+ recipes!

Thank you. I've submitted my request.:banana:

I'm excited about seeing this recipe because I'm crazy about anything with coconut in it. I wouldn't be surprised if it's very similar to the Crystal Palace Mango Flan recipe except with coconut cream in it. If they only use 1 1/2 teaspoons coconut cream, I'd increase it a lot.

For dinner tonight I made Kevin's Heavenly Ham because I had 1/2 pound of Canadian Back Bacon left over but substituted his potato cakes with the Potato and Dubliner Cheese Root Vegetable Cakes from the Epcot F&W Festival - because I had Dubliner cheese I had to use up.

I thought it was a bit odd that Kevin's recipe calls for the Back Bacon to boil for an hour before it's baked because, like any ham, it already is smoked. The Irish Mist was terribly expensive ( over $30 a bottle in Canada), and to be honest I couldn't really taste it in the finished sauce. If you have it and you're using it for something else, fine - but not sure it's worth it to buy just for this recipe. The sauce was good but the meat just felt a little stringy and overcooked to me. I didn't really enjoy it. I liked the Root Vegetable Cakes better but feel they could use some seasoning (especially salt) in the breadcrumb coating and probably in the pattie mix.

Potato and Dubliner Cheese Root Vegetable Cakes
Epcot Food and Wine Festival, Ireland
Serves 6

½ pound cooked potatoes
¼ pound cooked parsnips
¼ pound cooked carrots
1 ½ cups shredded Dubliner Cheese
1 teaspoon ground mace
1 ½-ounces flour all purpose
1 ½-ounces melted butter
1 pinch salt
2 pinches ground black pepper

Combine all ingredients together in a large bowl and mash well. Add more flour if needed.
Shape mixture into 6 cakes and coat with flour, then egg wash, and finally breadcrumbs.
Pan fry until both sides are golden brown and fully cooked in the center.

Buttered Asparagus with Hollandaise Sauce
Raglan Road Restaurant, Downtown Disney and(Chef Kevin Dundon)
Serves 4 - 6

20 to 30 asparagus spears, trimmed
knob of butter

Hollandaise Sauce
1 1/4 tablespoons white wine vinegar1 1/4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
3 egg yolks
4 oz (1 stick) unsalted butter
salt and freshly ground white pepper

To make the Hollandaise sauce, place the vinegar in a heatproof bowl with the lemon juice and a yolks and a pinch of salt. Whisk until thoroughly combined, then set the bowl over a pan of simmering water on a low heat and whisk for about three minutes until the mixture is thick enough to leave a trail when the whisk is lifted.
Meanwhile, melt the butter in a small pan or in the microwave. Gradually add the a yolk mixture, a little at a time, whisking constantly. When approximately 3/4 of the stick has been added, season lightly with salt. If it is still too sharp, add a little more butter. Season to taste and keep warm.
Meanwhile, cook the asparagus spears for 3 to 6 minutes, depending on their size, in a large pan of boiling water or in a steamer standing in 3 inches of boiling water until just tender. Drain, return to the pan, and quickly toss in the knob of butter.

To serve, tip the asparagus onto a warmed serving plate and spoon over the Hollandaise sauce or serve separately in a warm jug and allow everyone to help themselves.

Buttered Asparagus with Hollandaise Sauce
Raglan Road Restaurant, Downtown Disney and(Chef Kevin Dundon)
Serves 4 - 6

20 to 30 asparagus spears, trimmed
knob of butter

Hollandaise Sauce
1 1/4 tablespoons white wine vinegar1 1/4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
3 egg yolks
4 oz (1 stick) unsalted butter
salt and freshly ground white pepper

To make the Hollandaise sauce, place the vinegar in a heatproof bowl with the lemon juice and a yolks and a pinch of salt. Whisk until thoroughly combined, then set the bowl over a pan of simmering water on a low heat and whisk for about three minutes until the mixture is thick enough to leave a trail when the whisk is lifted.
Meanwhile, melt the butter in a small pan or in the microwave. Gradually add the a yolk mixture, a little at a time, whisking constantly. When approximately 3/4 of the stick has been added, season lightly with salt. If it is still too sharp, add a little more butter. Season to taste and keep warm.
Meanwhile, cook the asparagus spears for 3 to 6 minutes, depending on their size, in a large pan of boiling water or in a steamer standing in 3 inches of boiling water until just tender. Drain, return to the pan, and quickly toss in the knob of butter.

To serve, tip the asparagus onto a warmed serving plate and spoon over the Hollandaise sauce or serve separately in a warm jug and allow everyone to help themselves.

I just bought asparagus yesterday, how fortunate for me! :laughing:

Thanks for providing this recipe for the Bread and Butter Pudding it is the best. Just wondering though what to do with the 2 extra eggs in the list of ingredients...they are only listed there and not in he directions. I left them out when made it and it was great but am curious to know if they should be in there or not. Hoping to hear from you.

Thanks for Tatania for converting this recipe and also adding the gravy recipes.

Chicken Breast Stuffed with Shrimp Scampi
Disney Cruise Line
1 Serving

180 gr/ 6 - 6.5 oz. Chicken breast (skinned?)
50 gr/ 1 ¾ oz Mushroom duxelle (recipe below)
10 gr/ 1 Tbsp Red Yellow roasted pepper
10 grams/3 ½ TBSP Chopped, cooked spinach - if raw then it's about 1/3 oz.
1 piece Shrimp
20 gr/4 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
50 gr/ 4 Tbsp Mashed potatoes
30 gr/1 oz Eggplant, sliced
30 gr/1 oz Red pepper
2 pieces Asparagus
30 gr/ 1 oz Zucchini, sliced
30 gr /1 oz Yellow squash
5 cl or ¼ cup *Creamy brown chicken sauce
1 cl/ 2.5 tsp. Limoncello Liqueur
1 cl/2.5 tsp. Candied lemon
1 cl/2.5 tsp. Salt + pepper

Make Mushroom Duxelle and set aside. Clean the chicken breast of excess fat.
Clean the meat on the bone for the filling. Finely chop roasted red
peppers. Julienne the spinach. Finely chop the shrimps. Mix the above with
the Mushroom Duxelle, and parmesan cheese. Check the seasoning.
Now make a slit on the top end of the chicken right next to the bone. Put
the above mixture into a piping bag and force the mixture into the chicken
breast.
In a pan layer the chicken. Lace it with white wine and roast it at 325 F
for 12 minutes and let it rest in the oven for another 4 minutes. The
stuffed chicken is ready.
Serve the chicken with mashed potatoes, roasted sliced eggplant, red pepper,
asparagus and creamy chicken sauce, flavor enhanced with Limoncello liqueur.
Garnish with Candied Lemon.

Mushroom Duxelles
1 lb mushrooms, minced very fine(preferably with a knife)
1 oz onions or shallots, minced
2 garlic cloves, chopped fine
3 oz white wine
1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
1/8 teaspoon black pepper

Sweat onion, garlic; add in the mushroom; add in white wine, and let it
cook. Liquid should cook off. Season the mushroom and strain. Finely chop
the mixture once it's cooled. Mix needs to be very dry.
Note: Duxelles can be made 1 day ahead. Cool, uncovered, then chill,
covered.

* No recipe was provided for the "Creamy Brown Chicken Sauce" but below is a
recipe for the Sauce used in Pollo Limoncello.

1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 tbsp salted butter
1/2 cup white wine
1 tbsp chopped scallions
2 cloves crushed garlic
1 cup sliced mushrooms
2 cups chicken stock or broth
1 tsp lemon juice
1/4 cup limoncello (lemon liquor)
1/4 tsp dill weed

Melt olive oil and white wine in a pan. Add scallions, garlic and butter
and stir and cook for a few minutes until they are softened, being careful
not to let them burn. Add chicken stock (or broth) and lemon juice and
simmer on medium-high, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes. Reduce heat
to medium-low. Add lemon liquor and dill. You may thicken the sauce as
needed by stirring in a teaspoon of flour, which has first been stirred into
a paste with a little water and a fork.

Thanks for providing this recipe for the Bread and Butter Pudding it is the best. Just wondering though what to do with the 2 extra eggs in the list of ingredients...they are only listed there and not in he directions. I left them out when made it and it was great but am curious to know if they should be in there or not. Hoping to hear from you.

That's a very good question. I checked Chef Kevin's recipe book, and sure enough, there are 2 eggs listed in the ingredients that are not mentioned again in the method. Another case of sloppy editing, I guess. The recipe Lynninpa posted on page 96 is straight from the recipe book. I've read reviews from other people who have made it and say it turned out just as good as the restaurant but nobody mention what they did with those 2 eggs. I think you did the right thing and leaving them out.

We attended the Art of Entertaining Seminar on the Magic recently, so I have three recipes to share. The Chef that hosted the seminar was Oscar and he retired after the 3/22/08 Western Cruise.

I will put them each in a separate post. First is the appetizer. Before taking the seminar, I had this at Parrot Cay the night before. It was delicious.

Baked Crab Martinique

BakedCrabMartinique.jpg

Yields: 4 - 5 Servings

Ingredients:

2 oz. Onion
4 oz. Fresh Tomato
2 oz. Red Pepper
2 tbsp. Mustard Dijon
12 oz. Lump Blue Crab
4 oz. Bell ile Crab Meat
8 oz. Fontina Cheese (grated)
2 tbsp. Sherry Tio Pepe
Parsley (Chopped)
Tarragon (Chopped)

Bechamel Sauce

3 oz. Butter
3 oz. Flour
1/2 pint Milk
1/4 pint Cream
Pinch Ground Nutmeg
1 Whole Bay leaf
2 Whole Clove
1/2 Onion
To Taste Salt and Pepper

Method:
1. Top make bechamel sauce, we need to infuse the cream and milk by heating with onion, clove and bay leaf.
2. Mix equal quantities of butter and flour to form a roux (thickener).
3. Add small quantities of infused liquid to roux whisking vigorously to ensure the sauce is smooth and keep adding milk until it is at the right consistency and the sauce is cooked out.
4. To prepare crab dish saute onion, pepper and tomatoes.
5. Deglaze the pan and reduce. Add mustard.
6. Add the Bechamel and simmer for 5 minutes.
7. Add the belle ile and stir in sauce, then fold in the jumbo lump crab.
8. Using a baking dish add enough cheese to cover bottom of the dish then add crab mix and finish off with grated cheese on top. Bake in the oven 350F until cheese is golden brown on top.
9. Serving suggestion: Serve with fried tortilla chips.

We attended the Art of Entertaining Seminar on the Magic recently, so I have three recipes to share. The Chef that hosted the seminar was Oscar and he retired after the 3/22/08 Western Cruise.

I will put them each in a separate post. This is the main course. I didn't have this but I believe it is from Animator's Palate.

Lemon Peppered Baked Sonoma Chicken Served with Sweet Corn Risotto

Ingredients:

4 Whole Chicken Breasts
2 tsp. Lemon Pepper
2 oz. Zucchini
2 oz. Eggplant
2 oz. Yellow Squash
2 oz. Red Pepper
2 oz. Green Pepper
2 oz. Cheddar Cheese
2 toes? Garlic (typed exactly what is on paper. Probably s/b cloves)
To taste Salt and Pepper

Tomato Concasse Ingredients:

1 lbs. Fresh tomatoes
4 Toes? Garlic
1 Large Onion
Fresh Cilantro

Sweet Corn Risotto Ingredients:

8 oz. Arborio Rice
1 oz. Shallots
3 Toes? Garlic
2 tsp. Fresh Chopped Thyme
1 oz. White Wine
4 oz. Cut Sweet Corn
1 pint Chicken/Vegetable Stock
3 oz. Mascarpone cheese
2 oz. Parmesan Cheese

Method:

1. Blend the zucchini and the rest of the vegetables and make a vegetable stuffing, mix cheese into the mix and season.
2. Rub the lemon pepper into the chicken skin make a incision into the breast and pipe stuffing into the chicken.
3. Mark (? I think he means braise) the chicken skin side down on a very hot griddle pan. Bake chicken in the oven 350F approx 15 minutes or no blood juices are showing.
4. Prepare tomato concasse by peeling the tomato and deseed. Dice the tomato, saute onion and garlic and cook tomato until soft. Add seasoning and fresh cilantro just before serving.
5. To make Risotto saute onion and garlic in olive oil, add the herbs and wine, mix the rice in to the ingredients. Allow the rice to infuse the flavors in the pan.
6. Add stock enough just to cover the rice and allow to simmer adding stock periodically and stir the rice.
7. As the rice is cooking it will become starchy. This is good as the rice will start to bind like a rice pudding.
8. Towards the end of the cooking process add the sweet corn and mascarpone cheese. This will give a nice creamy texture to the rice.
9. When the rice is cooked add the Parmesan cheese into the rice. This will really enchance the flavor.

I will put them each in a separate post. This is the final recipe from the seminar. It is the dessert. One of our tablemates had this at Lumiere's.

White Chocolate Dome

WhiteChocolateDome.jpg

Ingredients:

24 fluid oz. Whipped Cream
6 pieces Gelatin Leaves
8 oz. Egg Yolks Pasteurized
3 oz. icing sugar

Tempered Dark Chocolate:

5 oz. Dark Chocolate

White Ganache:

15 oz. White Chocolate
10 fluid oz. Heavy Cream

Dark Chocolate Ganache with Raspberry Parfait:

10 oz. Dark Chocolate
8 oz. Raspberry Puree

Method:

1. Whip heavy cream
2. Soak gelatin in cold water
3. Whisk pasteurized egg yolks and icing sugar and make a sabayon
4. Melt the white chocolate. Heat the cream and melt gelatin in the hot cream. Mix the cream into the white chocolate, (White Ganache).
5. Add sabayon into whipped cream and fold into white chocolate ganache. (White chocolate mousse)
6. Use 5 oz. dark chocolate and melt to 84F this is known as tempering.
7. Pipe temered chocolate into flexi dome/mold.
8. Pipe white chocolate mousse into the dome/mold.
9. With left over mousse add raspberry dark chocolate parfait/ganache and fold into white chocolate mousse.
10. Pipe into white chocolate mousse.
11. Freeze up to 2 hours to harden but chill down in the fridge for 4 hours before serving.

Serving suggestion:

Cut basic chocolate sponge cake cut to fit bottom of mousse.
Recommend serving with raspberry and vanilla sauce.

Sonoma Chicken and Apple Salad
Pacific Wharf Café, Disney's California Adventure Park
Yield: 4 servings

4 cups water
2 cubes chicken bouillon
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
1/2 head iceberg lettuce
1/4 cup walnut halves
1/4 cup celery, diced small
1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and cut into wedges
2/3 cup honey mustard dressing (your favorite brand)
4 individual-sized bread bowls*
4 leaves Romaine or leaf lettuce
8 fresh chives sprigs, chopped
1/4 cup dried cranberries

1. In a medium pot, boil 4 cups of water. Add chicken bouillon, stirring until the bouillon is dissolved in the water. Lower heat, and bring to a simmer.
2. Add chicken breast; cover pot and cook for about 8 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F. Put chicken in the refrigerator to cool down.
3. Thinly shred the lettuce; set aside.
4. Dice chicken into 1/4" pieces and put it in a medium-sized bowl. Add walnuts, celery, apple wedges, and honey mustard dressing and toss well.
5. Hollow out the bread bowls; fill with the shredded lettuce. Place one lettuce leaf on the edge and place the chicken salad at the center. Sprinkle the salad with chives and cranberries just before serving.
* Sweet, salty, and crunchy, this salad is a hit at the Pacific Wharf Café, served in bread bowls made in the adjacent Boudin bakery (where a secret family recipe for sourdough dates back to 1850).

From Cooking With Mickey and the Disney Chefs, 2004

WOW, thanks Jersey Belle. That must have been so much fun. How did you like the food on the cruise? What is Bell ile Crab Meat? And why in the instructions does it say
7. Add the belle ile and stir in sauce, then fold in the jumbo lump crab.
Are they 2 different kinds of crab?
I'll add these to the index which I'm still hoping Mod Pumba_ will update for us. I contacted them last Monday and am waiting to see what they can do.

WOW, thanks Jersey Belle. That must have been so much fun. How did you like the food on the cruise? What is Bell ile Crab Meat? And why in the instructions does it say
Are they 2 different kinds of crab?
I'll add these to the index which I'm still hoping Mod Pumba_ will update for us. I contacted them last Monday and am waiting to see what they can do.

The art of entertaining seminars were not "hands on" so mainly we watched him make the dishes on a tv screen because we were sitting at tables in Studio Sea and he was several feet away from us up front. I didn't follow the written recipe as he worked as it was entertaining just to listen to him and I don't remember him mentioning two different crabs. It wasn't until I was typing the recipes for the forum that I notice the two different crabs and a few grammatical errors. I tried the best I could to determine what was meant but I am not really sure. We were given a small sample of each and a glass of wine at each of the sessions. I absolutely loved all the food on the cruise. I am on the Jenny Craig weight loss program and lost 25 pounds since November. I was worried that I would either gain it all back or that I wouldn't enjoy the cruise because I couldn't have a lot of the food. I did fine. I only gained a little less than 5 pounds and enjoyed the meals. I just didn't do stuff like have two desserts, desserts at lunch and made good choices at breakfast. I found this thread because I was trying to find DCL recipes.

Congratulations on gaining only 5 pounds on a cruise. I always come back 10 pounds heavier than I went! I know how hard it is to not slip back into old habits because I lost 90 lbs on WW and haven't been able to keep it all off. I need to start switching to the lower calorie Disney recipes like this one - obviously using as little oil as possible.

Stack of Vegetables
Lumière’s & Triton’s, DCL
Yield: 4 side dish (or appetizer) servings

1/2 cup olive oil, as needed for cooking
2 yellow squash, sliced 1/4" thick on angle
1 zucchini, sliced 1/4" thick on angle
8 ounces fresh spinach
2 red onions, sliced into 1/4" thick rings
1 beefsteak tomato, sliced into 1/4" thick slices
4 Portobello mushrooms, cleaned, with stems removed
12 cherry tomatoes
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup tomato sauce, warmed
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste

1. Preheat the oven to 350°F
2. Heat a sauté pan and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. When the pan is hot, add the yellow squash, and sauté on both sides. Season with salt and pepper to taste; set aside.
3. Repeat process with a zucchini, spinach, red onions, beefsteak tomato rings, and portobellos until all have been sautéed. Cool and set aside.
4. Place the cherry tomatoes into the pan without oil, topside down, and cook until the tops of the tomatoes have turned dark brown.
5. Begin making the stacks by placing the sautéed portobellos smooth side down onto a baking sheet. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and then make a layer of yellow squash. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, then continue making layers of vegetables and cheese, alternating colors, until the stacks are complete. Bake for 10 minutes, or until all cheese is melted and vegetables are warm.
6. When the vegetables are warm, placed each stack in the middle of a plate. Spoon some tomato sauce around the edge of each stack. Arrange three cherry tomatoes around the vegetables.

Flank Steak Marinade
Garden Grill Restaurant, The Land Epcot
NOTE: Yield: 1 Gallon -- You may want to scale this recipe down for household use.

12 ounces red wine vinegar
6 ounces liquid smoke
1 quart soy sauce
9 ounces molasses
1 quart water
9 ounces BBQ sauce
6 ounces Worcestershire Sauce
9 ounces corn oil
½ ounce ground ginger
5 ounces Dijon mustard
2½ ounces chopped garlic
10 ounces brown sugar

Mix all ingredients together adding the brown sugar last. Place the flank steak in the marinade for 24 hours. Then grill until medium rare and slice against the grain.

Steak Seasoning
12 ounces Kosher salt
3 ounces black pepper, ground
10 ounces onion power
10 ounces granulated garlic
10 ounces paprika
4 ounces grounded turmeric

Mix all ingredients together well. Store in sealed container. Season steak liberally and grill.

March 30, 08 – Made only the marinade for a normal steak and made about 1/10 the amount. That was OK for 2 steaks. This had a rather sweet taste and though it was a good marinade I'm not a huge fan of sweet tastes on steak. If you like a sweeter marinade then you'd like it as it's very good.

Congratulations on gaining only 5 pounds on a cruise. I always come back 10 pounds heavier than I went! I know how hard it is to not slip back into old habits because I lost 90 lbs on WW and haven't been able to keep it all off. I need to start switching to the lower calorie Disney recipes like this one - obviously using as little oil as possible.

Stack of Vegetables
Lumière’s & Triton’s, DCL
Yield: 4 side dish (or appetizer) servings

1/2 cup olive oil, as needed for cooking
2 yellow squash, sliced 1/4" thick on angle
1 zucchini, sliced 1/4" thick on angle
8 ounces fresh spinach
2 red onions, sliced into 1/4" thick rings
1 beefsteak tomato, sliced into 1/4" thick slices
4 Portobello mushrooms, cleaned, with stems removed
12 cherry tomatoes
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup tomato sauce, warmed
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste

1. Preheat the oven to 350°F
2. Heat a sauté pan and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. When the pan is hot, add the yellow squash, and sauté on both sides. Season with salt and pepper to taste; set aside.
3. Repeat process with a zucchini, spinach, red onions, beefsteak tomato rings, and portobellos until all have been sautéed. Cool and set aside.
4. Place the cherry tomatoes into the pan without oil, topside down, and cook until the tops of the tomatoes have turned dark brown.
5. Begin making the stacks by placing the sautéed portobellos smooth side down onto a baking sheet. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and then make a layer of yellow squash. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, then continue making layers of vegetables and cheese, alternating colors, until the stacks are complete. Bake for 10 minutes, or until all cheese is melted and vegetables are warm.
6. When the vegetables are warm, placed each stack in the middle of a plate. Spoon some tomato sauce around the edge of each stack. Arrange three cherry tomatoes around the vegetables.

Thanks for posting this, I requested it from DCL but it never arrived.

I'm glad you got it though. :yay:

I will put them each in a separate post. This is the final recipe from the seminar. It is the dessert. One of our tablemates had this at Lumiere's.

White Chocolate Dome

Ingredients:

24 fluid oz. Whipped Cream
6 pieces Gelatin Leaves
8 oz. Egg Yolks Pasteurized
3 oz. icing sugar

Tempered Dark Chocolate:

5 oz. Dark Chocolate

White Ganache:

15 oz. White Chocolate
10 fluid oz. Heavy Cream

Dark Chocolate Ganache with Raspberry Parfait:

10 oz. Dark Chocolate
8 oz. Raspberry Puree

Method:

1. Whip heavy cream
2. Soak gelatin in cold water
3. Whisk pasteurized egg yolks and icing sugar and make a sabayon
4. Melt the white chocolate. Heat the cream and melt gelatin in the hot cream. Mix the cream into the white chocolate, (White Ganache).
5. Add sabayon into whipped cream and fold into white chocolate ganache. (White chocolate mousse)
6. Use 5 oz. dark chocolate and melt to 84F this is known as tempering.
7. Pipe temered chocolate into flexi dome/mold.
8. Pipe white chocolate mousse into the dome/mold.
9. With left over mousse add raspberry dark chocolate parfait/ganache and fold into white chocolate mousse.
10. Pipe into white chocolate mousse.
11. Freeze up to 2 hours to harden but chill down in the fridge for 4 hours before serving.

Serving suggestion:

Cut basic chocolate sponge cake cut to fit bottom of mousse.
Recommend serving with raspberry and vanilla sauce.

Thanks for sharing these recipes! They sound great! May I pass these onto the WDW recipes group at yahoo, of course I'll credit you for sharing them.

Thanks again

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter