<><> The "Official" DISNEY RECIPE Exchange! <><> 1850+ recipes!

This is the closest I have come to the Tony's steak recipe. It taste dead on like disney's

Steak in Port Wine Reduction

4 beef tenderloin steaks
2 cloves garlic, halved
salt and pepper
1/2 cup Port
1/2 cup beef broth
1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp butter

1. Rub cut garlic over both sides of steaks and season with salt and pepper.

2. Grill steak over direct heat until desired doneness.

3. While steak is grilling, bring Port, broth and rosemary to a boil in a small saucepan. Boil until reduced to about 1/3 cup. (You can make the sauce ahead and reheat it just before the steaks are ready).

4. Stir butter into sauce and serve over steaks.

HeavenlyHam.jpg

Kevin’s Heavenly Ham (Oven Roasted Loin of Ham with an Irish Mist glaze with potato cakes and braised cabbage.)
Raglan Road Restaurant, Pleasure Island (Chef Kevin’s signature dish)
Servings: 4
Preparation Time: 50 minutes, plus 1 hour minimum chilling time for potato cakes
Cooking Time: 1 hour 50 minutes

For the bacon
900g bacon loin (Canadian Back Bacon)
2 1/2 tbsp whiskey, Irish Mist
5 tbsp Honey
100ml (3 ½ fluid oz) cider
12 whole Cloves
¼ stick (1 oz) butter
2 ½ Tbsp Olive Oil
8 small Savoy cabbage leaves, trimmed down into cups

For the Potato Cakes
1 lb Potatoes, well scrubbed
1 egg yolk
¼ cup plain flour, plus extra for dusting
Salt and freshly ground pepper

1. Place loin of bacon in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 1 hour, until completely tender.
2. To make the potato cakes, cover the potatoes with cold water in a pan and add a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then simmer for about 15-20 minutes, until tender. Drain in a colander and leave to cool completely.
3. Peel away the skins and grate the potatoes into a bowl. Add the egg yolk and sprinkle in the flour. Season generously and mix until just combined. Divide the mixture into 4 and shape into patties using a 4 in. cooking ring or pastry cutting ring, using a little extra flour for dusting if necessary. Arrange on a flat plate, cover loosely with cling film and chill for at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours, to firm up.
4. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Place the Irish Mist into a saucepan with the honey and cider. Heat gently until the honey has melted and the mixture is smooth. Remove the loin of bacon from the water and leave until cool enough to handle then trim away the rind and excess fat. Slash the remaining thin layer of fat in a criss-cross pattern and stud with cloves.
5. Place the clove-studded bacon in a small roasting tin and brush all over with the Irish Mist glaze, pouring any remainder around the joint. Bake for 15-20 minutes until completely heated through and well glazed, basting occasionally.
6. Remove the bacon from the oven and leave to rest in a warm place for at least 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a heavy-based frying pan. Add a knob of the butter and once it is foaming, add the potato cakes. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until warmed through and golden brown. Blanch the cabbage cups in a pan of boiling salted water, until just tender but still holding their shape. Drain well and toss in the remaining knob of butter. Season to taste.
7. To serve - carve the bacon into slices. Place a potato cake on each of 4 warmed serving plates, and arrange the slices of meat on top. Add the Savoy cabbage cups, drizzle with any remaining glaze left in the tin and serve.

Cooks Note: Most bacon loin does not need to be soaked overnight but it's probably worth checking with your butcher. If the bacon is very salty there will be a white froth on top of the water when you boil it. In this case it is preferable to discard this water. It may be necessary to change the water several times depending on how salty the bacon is.

ChocolateFondant.jpg

Jaffa-lorious Chocolate Fondant
Raglan Road Restaurant, Pleasure Island (from the 2006 menu)
Serves 4

4 ounces (1 stick) butter
7 ounces (200 g) plain chocolate*, broken into pieces
2 1/2 tablespoons Jameson whiskey
3 eggs, separated
1/2 cup superfine sugar
Pouring cream, to serve

Preheat the oven to 350°F. Using 1 oz of the butter, generously butter 4 heatproof cups or ramekins that are approximately 3 in. in diameter and 1 1/2 in. deep. Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Remove from the heat and whisk in the remaining 3 oz of butter until melted. Stir in the whiskey and set aside to cool.
Place the egg whites in a bowl and beat until stiff peaks have formed. Beat in half of the sugar, a third at a time, beating well after each addition until stiff and very shiny.
In a separate bowl, beat the remaining sugar and egg yolks until pale and fluffy, then beat into the cooled chocolate mixture. Fold in the meringue and used to fill the prepared cups two thirds full. Arrange on a baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes until well risen but still with a slight wobble in the middle.
To serve, arrange the Irish whiskey chocolate fondants on serving plates, with small jugs of pouring cream.
Note: *good quality chocolate makes all the difference, so try to get chocolate with a minimum of 50% cocoa solids.

The Raglan Road menu has made some changes since the restaurant opened in Oct. 2005 and in the past days, I've been posting some recipes from the current menu.
Here is the menu and pics of the 05/06 menu http://www.wdisneyw.co.uk/menuraglan.html ; http://wdwnews.com/viewpressrelease.aspx?pressreleaseid=100587&siteid=1

I have several of the recipes from this past menu and will list them below. If there are any the members want me to transcribe, please let me know which ones and I'll do it. Otherwise I don't want to fill the thread with recipes no one is interested in.

Smart Salmon, Pint of Prawns, Keen Eye for the Shepherds Pie, Raglan Rack, Prawn Idol, It's Not Bleedin' Chowder, Celtic Chique, Rising Road, Buttered Asparagus with Hollandaise, Marie's Strawberry and Apple Crumble & Baileys Coffee Cream Pot.

I didn't buy the '06 F&W Fest. cookbook cause I felt the recipes were repeating too, much so mised the Irish Lamb Stew recipe. Would you able to post it please, along with any other unique or good '06 F&W Festival recipes? As soon as I have the Raglan Road recipes transcribed I'll start working on adding the new '07 F&W Festival recipes (many are repeats from previous years and already posted at other places.)

I didn't buy '06 cookbook, not because it was old hat, but because we were newbies and just didn't see it! Due to my moaning & complaining, another Diser was kind enough to send it to me! Here is that recipe.

Lamb Stew – recipe from F&W fest cookbook courtesy of Disneyfav4ever

1/2 cup bacon, cut into 1/4 inch cubes
1 1/2 lbs lamb, cut into 2-inch cubes
1 med onion, thinly sliced
4 med carrots, cut in half
2 cups potatoes, 1/2 inch cubes
3/4 lb cabbage, coarsely chopped

1) In a med casserole over low heat cook the bacon until brown and crisp, about five minutes. With a slotted spoon transfer bacon to paper towels and set aside.

2) Brown lamb in bacon fat, about 5 - 7 minutes, season with salt and pepper. Add bacon, and cover with enough water to just cover the meat. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for one hour.

3) Add the onions and carrots. Simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.

4) Add the cabbage and potatoes, cook for another 30 minutes, or until meat is tender.

Although, I have to tell you, I had hunted & hunted, then I found this recipe. I've made both & I found the second one, closer to what we had at the '06 Fest. The first line of the recipe is also pretty funny! I think the only differences in the two recipes are really the additions of the white wine & beef stock.

IRISH LAMB STEW
If you do not like Lamb- use Lamb - (you might wish to add more carrots and garlic and pepper)
A traditional Meal- Just right for after a night out at the pubs-and it gets better as it gets older!
Ingredients: 1/2 pound thickly sliced bacon, diced
6 pounds boneless LAMB shoulder cut into 2-inch pieces
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup all purpose flour
2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
1 Large Yellow Onion peeled and finely chopped
1/2 cup water 4 cups Beef Stock -canned or home-made
2 teaspoons sugar
4 cups carrots-cut into 1 inch pieces-use large manly ones!
2 large yellow onions peeled
sliced 3 pounds potatoes peeled, quartered and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1 teaspoon dried thyme,
whole 1 bay leaf
1 cup dry white wine
Garnish-chopped parsley

Instructions: Saute bacon in large frying pan-reserve fat and bacon. Put lamb salt pepper and flour in large mixing bowl-toss to coat meat evenly Brown meat in frying pan with bacon fat. Put meat into 10 quart stove top casserole-leave 1/4 cup of fat in frying pan. Add the garlic and yellow onion and saute till onion begins to color. Deglaze frying pan with 1/2 cup water and add the garlic-onion mixture to casserole with bacon pieces, beef stock and sugar. Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours or till tender. Add remaining ingredients to pot and simmer covered for 20 minutes until veg. is tender. Check for salt and pepper before serving-top with parsley garnish before serving.

I didn't buy '06 cookbook, not because it was old hat, but because we were newbies and just didn't see it! Due to my moaning & complaining, another Diser was kind enough to send it to me! Here is that recipe.

Thanks SO Much. I know it's a lot of work to type it all out. Were there any good or unique dessert recipes?

It's official - directly from Chefs de Fance in Epcot. The recipe for Soupe a L'Oignon Gratinee (Baked Onion Soup) should read chicken broth instead of water (as I suspected after the last post on this).

So the ingredients are now:

1 & 1/2 pounds yellow onions, diced
10 Tbsp unsalted butter
2 Tbsp flour
1 & 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
Thyme: 2 fresh sprigs OR 2 tsp dried
Parsley: 2 fresh sprigs or 1 Tbsp dried
2 dried bay leaves
1/2 lb French bread
9 ounces Gruyere cheese, grated
2 & 1/2 quarts chicken broth

In a large soup pot, sauté the onions in the butter over medium heat until lightly browned. Sprinkle with flour and stir to form a roux. Gradually add 2 & 1/2 quarts chicken broth, then the salt, pepper & herbs. etc.

Thanks again for this...if my cold/flu ever gets better I'll be trying this for sure!!

Just a quick thank you to Lynn for starting the best thread out there:worship: and to everyone who contributes. :upsidedow

This is my all time favorite clam chowder and i don't think anyone has posted it yet. I had no idea it was as easy as asking for a recipe at disney. I'll be there next week and see if i ask but just in case anyone already has it before then i'd love to try it. thank you very much and this website rocks!!!!pirate:

Made the 7-Bean Chili from Sci Fi Diner tonight (p. 65) and was very impressed. It's very thick and the ancho chili powder gives it an interesting kick. I used two kinds of canned beans (instead of the cup of dried heirloom beans) to save time. This is one of the best chilis I've had in a while and the other 2 tasters agreed. This was accompanied by a salad with the Ginger Dressing Hawaiian (from the Tahitian Terrace in Disneyland) - an interesting dressing with a very pronounced pineapple taste.

By the way, over the weekend I made the Fish n Chips from Rose and Crown and despite the bad reviews this dish gets at the restaurant, the recipe makes a very serviceable batter. It had a good consistency and the fish tasted exactly like what you'd get at a seaside fish 'n chip shop. All my tasters liked it. I had a bag of farm potatoes that were going bad so I made the German Potato salad (from Biergarten) which is also a pretty good recipe. However, it's not as good as the potato salad my mother makes and the next time I would use fresh herbs and better quality potatoes. My father felt it was a little bland.

Epcot Food and Wine Festival 2007 cookbook.

I've already posted the 6 recipes from the first two sections (Canada and the Hops and Barley Market) . The next section is the Three Sisters Cafe hosted by the State of Oklahoma. Their recipes are: Three Sisters Soup, Seared Buffalo with Scalloped Wild Onions, Pecan Pie and Native American Peach Buckle.

Three Sisters Soup
Serves 6

1/4 cup olive oil
1 cup finely chopped red onion
1/2 cup finely chopped Poblano chili pepper
2 cups fresh corn kernels (about 2 large ears)
1 1/2 cups diced zucchini
1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3 cups chicken stock
1 1/2 cups cooked pinto beans
1/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons sherry vinegar

Heat the oil in a large soup pot and sauté the onions and pepper until they are soft and translucent. Stir in the corn, zucchini, garlic, salt and black pepper. Cook for 4 minutes over medium-high heat, stirring continuously.
Add the stock, beans and breadcrumbs. Simmer for 10 minutes. Remove the soup from the heat and allow to slightly cool. Transfer 3/4 cup of the soup into a blender. With the center of the cap out of the lid, pulse the mixture until completely puréed. Add the purée back to the remaining soup and reheat over low heat. To serve, divide the soup among 6 bowls and sprinkle 1 teaspoon vinegar over each portion.

Seared Buffalo with Scalloped Wild Onions
Serves 4

12 ounces buffalo sirloin
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

Scalloped Wild Onions
10 ounces wild onions, peeled and sliced in half from top to bottom
1 tablespoon olive oil
3/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
1/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
1/2 cup chicken stock
1/2 cup heavy cream

Cut the sirloin into 3/4" squares and thread the meat onto 8 metal skewers. In a sauté pan, heat the oil over moderate-high heat and sear the skewered meat for 2 minutes on each side. To serve, divide the scalloped onions among 4 serving plates and placed 2 skewers on top of the onions.

For the scalloped wild onions
Heat the oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat and add the onions. Stir frequently until they are light brown.
Stir in garlic and breadcrumbs and cook until they are golden. Add the vinegar and when it has evaporated, add the stock and cream. Reduce the heat and cook the onions for 10 minutes or until they are tender and the sauce coats the back of a spoon.

Native American Peach Buckle
Makes six 3" Tartlets

1 - 18 oz roll of store-bought sugar cookie dough

For Filling
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup cornmeal
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup butter, softened or at room temperature
1 egg
1 cup whole milk
1 fresh peach, peeled, pitted and puréed
2 tablespoons honey
1/2 cup pecan pieces
2 fresh peaches, peeled, pitted and cut into 1 inch chunks

Glaze

1/2 cup apricot jam
1/4 cup honey

Preheat the oven to 350°F
Cut cookie dough into 1/4" thick slices; arrange 1/6 of the slices in a tartlet mold. With floured fingers, press slices to form crusts. Repeat with remaining 5 tartlet bases. Set aside.
Mix flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt together and slowly work in the softened butter with a fork until well incorporated with dry mix.
Add the eggs, milk, peach purée, and honey. Mix until smooth and spoon approximately 2 tablespoons of the peach filling into each tartlet shell.
Divide the peach chunks among the tartlets and set them on top of the batter. Bake for approximately 15 to 20 minutes, or until the filling is golden brown.

For the glaze, heat the apricot jam and honey in a small saucepan over medium high heat. Bring to a boil and set aside to cool for a few minutes. With a pastry brush, generously glaze the surface of the tartlets. Serve the tartlets at room temperature.

Mashed Rutabaga
Akershus Royal Banquet Hall, Disney's Epcot

Ingredients

½ pound rutabaga
¼ pound carrots
¼ pound potatoes
1 ½ cups half and half
4 tbsp butter
½ ounce sugar
to taste salt
to taste white pepper
to taste nutmeg

Method of Preparation

Place rutabaga, carrots, and potatoes in a pan. Add water and boil until soft; pour off water. Bring half and half to a boil, add butter. Mix the vegetables in the chopper; slowly add the hot mixture of cream and butter until the rutabaga reaches the right thickness. Season to taste.

Last edited by a moderator:
Creamy Lobster Soup
Coral Reef Restaurant at Disney's Epcot

32 ounces Milk
4 ounces Butter
4 ounces Flour
1 tbsp. Paprika
2 ounces Lobster or Chicken Base
1 pinch Cayenne Pepper
12 ounces Lobster Stock
2 ounces Sherry
2 ounces Lobster Meat (diced)
1/2 ounce Brandy
3 ounces Heavy Cream
1 pinch Chervil or Parsley

Heat milk, but do not boil. Melt butter and then add paprika and flour. Bake roux mixture in a 350-degree oven for approximately one hour. Heat lobster stock and sherry, then add lobster base and cayenne pepper to the lobster stock mixture. Then add the heated milk to this mixture. Add roux. Mix until it is well incorporated and thickens. Let simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour to cook out the roux.

To finish soup, flame lobster meat in brandy, add heavy cream and allow to simmer. Add mixture to soup and whisk in. Finish with fresh chervil or parsley. Dried herbs may be used but add sooner.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've just found this thread and it's fantastic. I'd certainly like to thank everyone who has taken the time to post these recipes:thumbsup2
I'm not visiting WDW again until summer 2009 :sad1: so to make the time pass easier, I think I'll get my kids to pick a different WDW restaurant every week and then I'll make a dish that restaurant would serve. Sounds like a bit of good fun that will increase my cooking ability at the same time. Result.:)

I've just found this thread and it's fantastic. I'd certainly like to thank everyone who has taken the time to post these recipes:thumbsup2
I'm not visiting WDW again until summer 2009 :sad1: so to make the time pass easier, I think I'll get my kids to pick a different WDW restaurant every week and then I'll make a dish that restaurant would serve. Sounds like a bit of good fun that will increase my cooking ability at the same time. Result.:)

And getting the kids involved with the prep as well as the planning helps out with math & science as well as provides for a good time. My kids always loved to pick out a recipe, make a shopping list, help with the shopping and then the prep and cooking. Now as teens they can do this all themselves and I get a night off from cooking! :cool1:

Chicken Drums Glazed with Samuel Adams Boston Lager
Epcot Food and Wine Festival, Hops & Barley Market
Serves 6

3 pounds chicken drums

FOR THE GLAZE
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 tablespoon minced shallots
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 bottle Samuel Adams Boston Lager
1 cup chili-garlic sauce
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper

FOR THE BLUE CHEESE DRESSING
1/2 cup blue cheese dressing
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup finely chopped celery
Pinch of freshly ground black pepper

Preheat the oven to 375°F. Heat the oil in a large sauté pan and cook the shallot and garlic until soft. Add the beer and the remaining glaze ingredients and bring liquid to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until reduced by half. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside to cool.
Arrange the chicken drums in a baking dish, large enough to hold the drums in one layer. Pour the cooled beer glaze over the chicken and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, basting occasionally.
In the meanwhile, combine the ingredients for the blue cheese dressing in a small bowl. Taste for seasoning and divide the sauce among six small ramekins.
To serve, divide the drums among six plates, drizzle with a little of the glaze and place a ramekin of blue cheese dressing on the side for dipping the chicken.

This is the last of 3 recipes for the Hops & Barley Market section of the 2007cookbook.

Just wondering what they mean by chili-garlic sauce?
is it listed somewhere else?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter