*** The Official August 2016 Thread! ***

We check in the 2nd and check out the 12th and in typical Disney fashion it is only allowing me to book ADRs through 8/4 online :headache:

In January we booked three villas at BLT for our family of 19 but it didn't feel official until we booked the ADRs this Past Thursday. And happy to say we got every one we wanted! So excited for this trip as it is my parents, my siblings and their families. We have five kiddos who have never been because they weren't born when we did this 10 years ago. For that trip my kids were 6 and 4 but that is when we bought DVC so they have been quite a few times since then. My nieces were about 3 and 2 so they don't remember much if anything. In many ways this will be the first trip for 7 kiddos and I can't wait to experience it with them.

Quick question....who is Josh that keeps getting mentioned? I used easywdw and touring plans to map out our days but am curious about Josh as many seem to use his plans.

Our official dates are August 2nd - 9th at BLT
Congrats on getting all your ADRS! I know what you mean about it being official once they're set

We make our ADRs on Tuesday!!! Can't wait!!

Btw -- we have a split stay (6 nights at POR & 6 nights at GF) -- that means that I can only make those first 6 days worth of ADRs correct? And then a week later I can make the last 6 days?

Btw -- we have a split stay (6 nights at POR & 6 nights at GF) -- that means that I can only make those first 6 days worth of ADRs correct? And then a week later I can make the last 6 days?
No. You should be able to make reservations for up to 10 nights, so 6 at POR and 4 at GF on the Tuesday. We had problems last year booking ADR's online when we did a split stay. So if you can't make them for 10 days, give them a call. :goodvibes

Same here - we have a split stay as well and you will only be able to make reservations for the first 6 nights. I called and they were not able to override, then wrote to Guest services and you now can make reservations for the lenght of stay but not more, split stays are considered individual reservations, so you need to wait for each reservation to open - BIG bummer for us - we are staying for 16 nights and splitting into 5 resorts.

Same here - we have a split stay as well and you will only be able to make reservations for the first 6 nights. I called and they were not able to override, then wrote to Guest services and you now can make reservations for the lenght of stay but not more, split stays are considered individual reservations, so you need to wait for each reservation to open - BIG bummer for us - we are staying for 16 nights and splitting into 5 resorts.
Is this a new rule? Because we've done split stays two years in a row and we stay for 18 days. I'm sure we've been able to book for 10 days, even though our first resort on the split was for four nights.

But you're getting to stay at 5 different resorts. I's love to be able to do that at least once in my life!

Is this a new rule? Because we've done split stays two years in a row and we stay for 18 days. I'm sure we've been able to book for 10 days, even though our first resort on the split was for four nights.

But you're getting to stay at 5 different resorts. I's love to be able to do that at least once in my life!

I was pretty upset on Friday when only the first 3 days opened up. So I called and was told that I could only book for the length of stay. Called again and was told the same thing by another CM. They can no longer override the split stay. Wrote to guest services and the answer I got this morning is just the same.
Not that we have any restaurants on our list that are really hard to get, but I would have loved to have it all done. Now I can wait till Feb 19 to get the last of my reservations.

Hi! I never knew this thread existed! How fun! We're going (DH and DD who will be 7 at that time) Aug 22-28, staying at the Poly on the magical deal. We stayed at Poly on the magical deal last August.

Going in for my quote, I considered BC and CR. I thought, we should try something new, no? The more I researched, the more I wasn't as into BC or CR. Poly kept calling me back. I still think I must be nuts for not wanting to try something new but I seriously have a Poly obsession. BC wasn't my thing because I knew the QS options would frustrate DH, and I wasn't sure we'd get enough time to enjoy the pool. CR just doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies even though that walk to MK is everything!!! And as a kid, I always dreamed of staying there just because of the monorail running through the building ha ha. I think also the fact that the magical deal only offers the Garden wing is what kind of held me back.

I just joined the facebook group! I loved our Disboards facebook group from last August! I still post there all the time. :)

I was pretty upset on Friday when only the first 3 days opened up. So I called and was told that I could only book for the length of stay. Called again and was told the same thing by another CM. They can no longer override the split stay. Wrote to guest services and the answer I got this morning is just the same.
Not that we have any restaurants on our list that are really hard to get, but I would have loved to have it all done. Now I can wait till Feb 19 to get the last of my reservations.
Try doing them one day at a time. We're SOG and a condo. So far so good for us. I think I finish the 21st

Try doing them one day at a time. We're SOG and a condo. So far so good for us. I think I finish the 21st

Doesn't work.
We arrive the 3rd and stay until the 6th and these are exactly the days it lets me book. The next reservation starts on the 6th - goes to the 10th. Guess I will be able to do the next 4 days tomorrow. It is NO fun, but thankfully we don't have any hard to get ressies on the list.
First time I could not do all of them when the first ressie opened. We have not been last summer, so this was a "new", not so fun experience.

Doesn't work.
We arrive the 3rd and stay until the 6th and these are exactly the days it lets me book. The next reservation starts on the 6th - goes to the 10th. Guess I will be able to do the next 4 days tomorrow. It is NO fun, but thankfully we don't have any hard to get ressies on the list.
First time I could not do all of them when the first ressie opened. We have not been last summer, so this was a "new", not so fun experience.
Sorry I meant at least you don't have to do them one day at a time like me. Look at it this way, you get more planning excitement.

Hi All! Going on our first August trip this year, and have a question about park hours. I know that it is ROUTINE for hours posted to be extended as we get closer. Right now, the hours don't seem long to me at all for the summer! E.g. MK 9A-10P.

For those who often go in August, how late do the parks actually generally stay open?? Is it more like an 11PM close or later for MK??

Hi All! Going on our first August trip this year, and have a question about park hours. I know that it is ROUTINE for hours posted to be extended as we get closer. Right now, the hours don't seem long to me at all for the summer! E.g. MK 9A-10P.

For those who often go in August, how late do the parks actually generally stay open?? Is it more like an 11PM close or later for MK??

When we were there this past August, MK was open until 12 - the earliest it closed was one night at 11.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter