*** The Official August 2016 Thread! ***

Update to our dates...we are officially booked for 8/13-8/19 at the Poly (change from 8/20-8/26) I am thinking about adding another day depending on the flight situation. I'm hoping I can find something lower than $274/pp once Southwest posts their flight schedule on 2/18. I've been fare watching like a madwoman lol.

Haven't started planning ADRs yet. We just thought out loud about places we'd like to go again or try for the first time. We've only been once before so there's a lot.

Going to look at the park hours and crowd calendars today to start coordinating. Getting excited even though it's still months away lol. :yay:

Something fun for this morning, Tell me a Disney memory.

Mine: Our first trip was in 2009 DD was 4. She was wearing a watermelon outfit from Gymboree. The shorts had cute little watermelon seeds on the pockets on the bottom. We went in to see the fairy. All of them loved her outfit. I took a side turn. Anyway, She was in awe of Tink. Rink put her arms out for DD to come to her, and DD froze. Rink bent down on her knees, and I told DD to go see her. She ran as fast as her little legs could carry, and she knocked Rink on her butt. Rink gave her the biggest, BIGGEST hug ever with her eyes closed. The they pulled apart and tink looked at my DD and they just giggled.

Something fun for this morning, Tell me a Disney memory.

Mine: Our first trip was in 2009 DD was 4. She was wearing a watermelon outfit from Gymboree. The shorts had cute little watermelon seeds on the pockets on the bottom. We went in to see the fairy. All of them loved her outfit. I took a side turn. Anyway, She was in awe of Tink. Rink put her arms out for DD to come to her, and DD froze. Rink bent down on her knees, and I told DD to go see her. She ran as fast as her little legs could carry, and she knocked Rink on her butt. Rink gave her the biggest, BIGGEST hug ever with her eyes closed. The they pulled apart and tink looked at my DD and they just giggled.

In 2007, my oldest DD (then 8) became friends with a young girl from South Carolina while we were seated next to her family at Chef Mickey's. They exchanged addresses and to this day, they still exchange letters (snail mail:-)) and birthday cards / Christmas cards. DD will be 17 next month, so it's been going on almost 9 years. In 2013 our travel dates matched up again and we met with them at AK for a couple of hours. We live in Canada and it is a fun connection to have with someone living in the US. That is one of my favourite Disney memories (plus every time I walk down Main St. in MK it's a favourite memory :lovestruc)

Walking down Main St for the first time in 2014 was pretty special. I had always wanted to take a trip to Disney but it was out of the question as a kid. We had an early ADR at Cinderella's castle and Main st was fairly empty. Even though it was downcast it was still a great moment. Oh and my son trying to fight the fairy Godmother with the sword he got from breakfast lol.

Love them. That penpal is the best.

So, I went to order our tickets today...and now I am BUMMED. The SoG ticket office is closed. Boohoo.
You know how hard it is to wait for anything that has to do with the vacays. I went from happy dance to super pout face FAST.

Love them. That penpal is the best.

So, I went to order our tickets today...and now I am BUMMED. The SoG ticket office is closed. Boohoo.
You know how hard it is to wait for anything that has to do with the vacays. I went from happy dance to super pout face FAST.

Do they mail them to you? I haven't bought our tickets yet. Will probably get them in the next week or so on base. I'll probably buy the plane tickets first. My son turned 3 last October and paying extra for him for a flight and a ticket is a bummer lol.

They will mail them to you. Or if you are near a base, you can pick them up. At one base we were at, we picked them up same day. At another we had to wait for them to be mailed to parks and rec office and we picked them up from there. I believe it took 2 or 3 weeks. They will tell you 6 weeks though.

They will mail them to you. Or if you are near a base, you can pick them up. At one base we were at, we picked them up same day. At another we had to wait for them to be mailed to parks and rec office and we picked them up from there. I believe it took 2 or 3 weeks. They will tell you 6 weeks though.
It took us 2 weeks to get our in plenty of time to put them in the kid's Christmas stockings.

Joining in! We are booked at the BC from August 23 - 30 - Hopefully all will go well with our home selling/buying and we can make the vacation down to WDW in August - fingers crossed that we get it all done in the next 6 months and can celebrate with Mickey!

HEY! Yay, I am glad you are in this group. Good luck on buying/selling. I know the pain of that well.

HEY! Yay, I am glad you are in this group. Good luck on buying/selling. I know the pain of that well.

It is such a PAIN! But we really need out of our townhouse and into a single family home - our dog and DD5 are craving their own backyard (and I am too!) - it is hard being an adult sometimes when all we want to do is play at WDW! Hopefully this won't be too painful (although we know we will lose some $$) and hopefully not too long of a process! We'd love DD5 to start kindergarten next year in the district that we will stay in for her schooling. Fingers crossed! We are planning to celebrate our new home with the August trip to BC... we got an amazing deal so it won't hurt our wallet at all! We LOVED our quick trip down last august - crowds were awesome and we actually like the heat... so looking forward to it! 206 days for us to go!

I can't wait for josh to update his crowd calender.
Me too! I make ADR's on Feb 20th and trying to figure out what park we'll be in (but want Josh's opinion). I'm working off the first draft he made a while ago, hoping it doesn't change too much. Busy month of booking flights when SW opens up late August dates and booking ADR's :rainbow:
I'm glad I love to plan (and obsess about plans and then change plans :rotfl:)

Me too! I make ADR's on Feb 20th and trying to figure out what park we'll be in (but want Josh's opinion). I'm working off the first draft he made a while ago, hoping it doesn't change too much. Busy month of booking flights when SW opens up late August dates and booking ADR's :rainbow:
I'm glad I love to plan (and obsess about plans and then changeplans :rotfl:)[/QUOTE

What did you go off of for your rough draft plans?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter