*** The Official August 2016 Thread! ***

Hi Everyone! I've booked our August 18-26 trip DW. It will be me (the grandma), my DD and two beautiful grand daughters ages 7 and 5. We'll be staying at Pop and I've booked the dining plan for the first time. I've got 10 days to go before I book my ADRs. Decisions decisions. I'm going to ask for your experienced advice if you don't mind. This is only my 5th trip, 4th for DD and 2nd for little girlies. They were almost 1 and 3 last time. I wanted to get in a free trip before they started costing me. The older one remembers a lot. The younger one just thinks she does and makes stuff up.

Apologies all for being MIA- in a pastoral role at work, the death of a student has had a huge increase to my workload... but I think we're up to date with the list again! It takes some doing (especially as the American way of writing dates makes my head hurt!)

Oh, and btw, BudgieMama, we changed all our hotels for our stay - do you want me to repost?

Yes please, I'll update them if you let me know what you've changed to!

5 days for us until we make our ADRs. Our Free Dining this year is the QSDP, so not booking loads, but looking forward to trying a few new places (and going back to our favourite, Tusker House!)

Welcome to all the newbies! And hooray for everyone who is now under their 6 months out mark! We booked at 16 months out, so getting there will be great!

Apologies all for being MIA- in a pastoral role at work, the death of a student has had a huge increase to my workload... but I think we're up to date with the list again! It takes some doing (especially as the American way of writing dates makes my head hurt!)

Yes please, I'll update them if you let me know what you've changed to!

5 days for us until we make our ADRs. Our Free Dining this year is the QSDP, so not booking loads, but looking forward to trying a few new places (and going back to our favourite, Tusker House!)

Welcome to all the newbies! And hooray for everyone who is now under their 6 months out mark! We booked at 16 months out, so getting there will be great!
I'm so sorry for what you've had to go through.
we booked 14 months out and now our trip is close enough to feel really real. I hope you have the same level of excitement we do.

Hi everyone :wave:. Due to changes in state testing dates at my kids' schools and other commitments that require us to remain in town, we moved our planned May trip dates to August 20-27. Now I just have to wait for Southwest to release their flight schedules for the rest of August next week and get into "reschedule our ADRs" mode :laughing:. Although we aren't thrilled with having to deal with the August weather (our first WDW trip was in August), we know it is manageable and we will be celebrating our anniversary and DH's 40th birthday on this trip, so we have plenty to be excited about and plan :goodvibes. This is also the week before my kids go back to school so they are excited to be able to end their summer break with a big vacation (and not having to make up school work). We aren't too bummed about pushing our dates back because we know the months will fly by and we also weren't completely decided on where we wanted to stay, so I'm hopeful some attractive deals will be made available to help us make a definitive choice in that regard.

BudgieMama, I'm sorry to hear about what you're going through at work.

We have added a day to our trip, and will now be staying at the Polynesian from 8/18-8/27. I really need to nail down our park days, so I will have a plan of attack on ADR day.

BudgieMama, I'm sorry to hear about what you're going through at work.

We have added a day to our trip, and will now be staying at the Polynesian from 8/18-8/27. I really need to nail down our park days, so I will have a plan of attack on ADR day.
Congrats! I always love adding days to our trip!

We are planning an August trip. We expect to arrive in Florida on the 12th of August, early afternoon, and hit up Disney Springs. We will be staying offsite this year, which is a first for us. We will be in the parks from Aug 13th through the 23rd, with one non park day in the middle, which will also be spent in Disney Springs.

This morning, I made our first ADR, for supper at Raglan Road (never been there before) on our arrival day. I always find, once you make that first ADR, the trip starts to feel more real.

We just booked our trip for August 28-Sept 4, staying at Caribbean Beach Resort. It's our second trip as a family, our first was in August of 2014. DH and I had been several times as kids and we had such a great time there with kids of our own. Putting the deposit down is as official as I can be for now, as my work doesn't approve summer time off until April or May, but if I waited, I would have missed out on the 180 day ADR situation. So fingers crossed everything works out, so excited to be going back!

Ordered my husband a tim tracker tshirt for our trip in august. Does anyone else follow him??

We just booked our trip for August 28-Sept 4, staying at Caribbean Beach Resort. It's our second trip as a family, our first was in August of 2014. DH and I had been several times as kids and we had such a great time there with kids of our own. Putting the deposit down is as official as I can be for now, as my work doesn't approve summer time off until April or May, but if I waited, I would have missed out on the 180 day ADR situation. So fingers crossed everything works out, so excited to be going back!
Good luck I hope things work out for your trip!

Congrats I still have 2 to book. tomorrow I'll book Sanaa and sometime later in the week I'll book the last one. Still trying to decide Morrimoto's or RR

All ADRs are booked!!! All 12 days!!!! And just booked the Marceline to Magic tour at the Magic Kingdom this morning!! 170 more days!!!

I find it feels more real now I can make ADRs... but looking at my countdowns, it's 299 days since we booked, so no surprise that getting under 6 months feels pretty real now!! :)

Congrats I still have 2 to book. tomorrow I'll book Sanaa and sometime later in the week I'll book the last one. Still trying to decide Morrimoto's or RR

Hey, remember my rant that I had to wait until my next booking window opened? It was quite the adventure.
Booking window 1 - perfect. Was able to book all 3 days
Booking window 2 - not perfect at all as my window went backwards and only would let me book day 179 - no 180 for us and it kept rolling
Booking window 3 - day 180 and rolling
Booking window 4 - which opened today - yippie!!! I was able to book the next 4 days all in one go
Booking window 5 - will open in 3 more days - should be interesting how it works then, but I am all with you waiting for those last few ADRs. :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter