***The Official April 2016 Thread!***

I found this website really helpful for figuring out if the dining plan was worth it for us - http://distripplanner.com/. It's a calculator using your specific dates and restaurant choices. We generally come out a few hundred ahead with the number of character meals that we like to do with the kids.

OMG!! Thank you so much for that website, it definitely is very helpful!! According to that site I'd be saving $317.62 after adding in our dining options, guess I will def hang onto our DDP... thanks again!! :D

OMG!! Thank you so much for that website, it definitely is very helpful!! According to that site I'd be saving $317.62 after adding in our dining options, guess I will def hang onto our DDP... thanks again!! :D
Your welcome! I found it really helpful for our last trip (august 2015) and it was pretty accurate when I looked at it in retrospect. We are using the plan again in March with hopefully similar results.

Happy Hump Day! I'm staying at the Contemporary 4/9-4/12. It's a one-person trip mostly for business, but I'm going a day early to squeeze in some Disney time. Going to MK but don't have my ADRs since it was a last minute trip. Hopefully something will open up around day 60 when people start changing things around for FP+. Hoping to score a dinner BOG around 7pm.

We'll be there 4/8-4/17. Friday night offsite(landing in the evening), Sat-Mon over at Universal at the Hard Rock Hotel, and then the remainder of the trip at BWV.

Only made 3 dining reservations: Beaches and Cream our first Disney night(Monday), lunch at LTT solely so I can gave the Colony Salad and Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake.
Lunch at Sci Fi bc I don't love the QS lunch places there to begin with, and since pizza planet is closing, I figured they'd all be crowded anyway.

We're getting closer to April!!! Can. not. wait. - it is cold here!!! 84 days!! Starting to think about FP selections!!!

We're getting closer to April!!! Can. not. wait. - it is cold here!!! 84 days!! Starting to think about FP selections!!!

I'm with you! It is snowing here - I am SO ready to be in WDW, but we still have 92 days! I purchased our tickets from Parksavers this time and just received my codes today to link the tickets to our MDE, so we are ready to make FP+ selections when our window opens! :yay:

4/24 Crystal Palace 8:10am
4/26 Sci Fi 12:50pm
4/27 Akershus 8:05am
4/28 BOG 8:05am
4/29 Spirit of Aloha 5:15pm
4/30 BOG 4:00pm
5/1 'Ohana 6:30pm (I'm debating whether we should keep this or go for the room service dinner I keep reading about, though!)

We are at the Poly from 4/23-5/1. Maybe we will run into each other. Almost all of the construction will be done at the Poly when we are there (finishing touches on the "quiet pool" should be done by then). There is a great resource on the Poly if you go to tikimanpages.com Tons of history, run downs on each building, reviews on the new pool and lounges, overall the best resource out there on the Poly.

You made good calls on ADRs prior to rope drop on 4/24, 4/27 and 4/28. Especially in the MK, where you can finish many of the non-headline rides in Fantasyland by 9:20-9:30am if you don't loiter over breakfast.

Hey guys! Sorry for disappearing - the holidays were a whirlwind and we have a ton of birthdays in December/January and house-buying nonsense has been eating up all my time. But I'm back and I am going to update the main page ASAP!

This is my current conundrum:

Flights out of Boston on the 16th are ridiculously expensive and the times just aren't copacetic with what we want to do. I checked Worcester but the only flight out is at 5 in the evening (some people say that they've been able to fly out of Worcester at all sorts of times but I've only ever been able to find one time per day on the Jetblue website and I don't think any other airline flies out of there?).

I was just talking to my father about this since he's a good sounding board. He suggested to leave Friday and just stay at a different hotel for a night. I can't take the 15th off since I'm a teacher, and I doubt Jey could get a second Friday in a row off either so we'd be leaving at like 8 in the evening anyway. I offered to pay for a room for a night as part of her birthday present. I just haven't heard from her yet (to be fair: I sent her all this information like 20 minutes ago and she's been sick all weekend so it's a lot to process lol) so I may get another night in Disney (at a hotel at least)!

Just found out a little more than a week ago that my husband's conference at WDW Swan is confirmed!! Yay! We'll be there April 16-23, and I can't wait. Since it's somewhat last minute, we're not telling our daughter. We're just going to get on the plane and tell her it's a surprise trip. She asks to go to WDW about once a week, so she will be thrilled.

Wellllll, I went and did it. I was talking about the idea going to WDW this Spring the other day with the girlfriend, instead of waiting until Sept 2017 when our next scheduled trip is, and I booked it today. Oops, I'm definitely the impulse buyer type. It'll be my 5th trip to WDW (thought one visit lasted 3 months as part of the International College Program), but I'm very excited to say it'll be my girlfriend's FIRST VISIT. Very exciting stuff. We're going to stay at Pop from April 24th to 29th.

75 days to go for us! :flower:
My daughters (11 and almost 9) still have NO IDEA. It is a hard secret to keep as my oldest talks about Disney every single day. She cried real tears when we told her that we were not going to WDW this year for Mardi Gras - which wasn't a total lie because we are going for spring break ~ tee hee!

Our plan is that my husband is going to come home one evening and say he has to go on a business trip the week of spring break. He travels often, so it is not out of the ordinary for him to be away. I will say I'm tired of him being gone, and since there is no school, we will go with him and make it a vacation rather than stay home by ourselves all week. That way my girls will know they are getting on a plane and can pack their own suitcases - they are both planners and would panic at a last minute trip! We have to leave at 5am for our departing flight, so my husband and I are going to put on Mickey Mouse shirts and wake them up and wait for them to wake up enough to notice what we are wearing. :earboy2: I'll have Disney shirts for them to put on as well. If that doesn't raise suspicion, my back up plan is to tell them the airport requires them to wear ID bracelets and break out the Magic Bands.... Surprise! :D

75 days to go for us! :flower:
My daughters (11 and almost 9) still have NO IDEA. It is a hard secret to keep as my oldest talks about Disney every single day. She cried real tears when we told her that we were not going to WDW this year for Mardi Gras - which wasn't a total lie because we are going for spring break ~ tee hee!

Our plan is that my husband is going to come home one evening and say he has to go on a business trip the week of spring break. He travels often, so it is not out of the ordinary for him to be away. I will say I'm tired of him being gone, and since there is no school, we will go with him and make it a vacation rather than stay home by ourselves all week. That way my girls will know they are getting on a plane and can pack their own suitcases - they are both planners and would panic at a last minute trip! We have to leave at 5am for our departing flight, so my husband and I are going to put on Mickey Mouse shirts and wake them up and wait for them to wake up enough to notice what we are wearing. :earboy2: I'll have Disney shirts for them to put on as well. If that doesn't raise suspicion, my back up plan is to tell them the airport requires them to wear ID bracelets and break out the Magic Bands.... Surprise! :D

This is adorable! I hope you let us know how it goes after the trip!

So I think it's pretty definite that we're going to be in Florida Friday the 15th. Now we just need to choose whether we'll be staying on property or at the Hyatt at the airport. Has anyone taken the Magical Express from the airport after 10 pm? I never have and that's kind of going to be the tipping point about what we do. Jey is being literally 0 help on this so any advice helpful!

Also bought a new set of Bibbidi Bobbidi Brooke ears and just bought a bunch of Magical Ribbons headbands that will all hopefully be here by the time we go! So excited!

Hahaha, I started to read the first post and was about to direct the person to the April thread.... then I read another post again for a April trip. I then real;ized it is ME who is in the wrong place. Going to the August thread now.

Okay, so I did it! I actually changed our hotel in general but we'll be going down April 15 and spending a night at Riverside, then spending the rest of the week at French Quarter! Jey doesn't know this (she said if I wanted to change it I could just tell her I changed the reservation but not to where), but it seems more relaxing and I think it's definitely what we both need this trip.

Animal Kingdom Lodge from the 22nd to the 26th! Second time onsite, and first time deluxe resort!!

Ok so we finally did it. Ordered tickets this morning and changed to stay on site at POP. So excited am thinking of keeping the change a secret from the kids.

I am getting so hyper! 1 week from Tuesday is Fast Pass Day for me, and I'm going over and over my plans, so when FP Day comes, I know what I want and when.

Fingers crossed for Wishes - I want one night early in the week and a "do-over" night later, in case my first attempt gets messed up (bad weather, etc.). If my first attempt goes well (I'm really getting the FP so I can finally see Celebrate the Magic), I'll swap the "re-do" later in the week for something else. I'm also planning at least parts of 3 different days at MK and wanting 7DMT FP for each day.

And once I get those FPs sorted out, it's back to the ADRs to grab a couple of meals. (I want my 7DMT FPs settled before I commit to a dining time.)

You know, there was kind of a lull in the anticipation over the holidays, other distractions going on, but now it's almost February and I am all amped up and READY to get that Magic Band and DME luggage tag HERE already! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter