***The Official AKV Owners And Lovers Thread***. Come And Chat

We are staying in Jambo 1Br standard. Was wondering if anybody knows or has tried, Can you move the single sleeper chair into the bedroom? My DS15 is on the sofa bed and DD11 doesn't want to sleep near him. I thought maybe I can slide it into the bedroom, if it fits through the door. Thanks for any info!

We are staying in Jambo 1Br standard. Was wondering if anybody knows or has tried, Can you move the single sleeper chair into the bedroom? My DS15 is on the sofa bed and DD11 doesn't want to sleep near him. I thought maybe I can slide it into the bedroom, if it fits through the door. Thanks for any info!

Folk have reported doing so in the past, but note that the sleeper chair is incredibly large and heavy. As an owner I worry for potential damage to the door frames and walls that we will have to pay for.

Best solution in my opinion: bring an air mattress. It's what we do and it works out fine.

Last edited:
Folk have reported doing so in the past, but note that the sleeper chair is incredibly large and heavy. As an owner I worry for potential damage to the door frames and walls that we will have to pay for.

Best solution in my opinion: bring an air mattress. It's what we do and it works out fine.

Lol or, if there aren't other serious issues within the family (stuff like snoring can be fixed with ear plugs, etc), tell DD she can suck it up, your parents are taking you to WDW for god's sake, you should be grateful.

The chair is closer to a chair and a half and would be very tough to get through the door. We were there last week and have to say that it was a very tight squeeze opening the sofa and the chair together so I don't blame your daughter for not wanting to be so close. We were the club level so I don't know if the layout is the same/different but there was a hallway from the living room to the bath/bedroom that would be big enough to put the chair, I think. Now that I think of it, the bedroom would not be big enough for the chair, but again, it could be different on the other floors.

Planning a trip for next July with 8-9 people, 2BR Savannah View. We're waiting on ROFR and hope to close in June. With luck, we'll be making reservations in August.

Any suggestions? Kidani/Jambo, best way to phrase room location request for lots of animals? Planning way ahead, I know, but any help would be appreciated.

We are so happy tonight! We arrive on Nov 13 and needed a 2 night reservation. The only 2 bedroom we could find was at OKW. We had stayed there in the past. My DH finds it too spread out. I checked AKV @ kidani but no luck. So I booked OKW and waitlisted for 2 nights @ AKV kidani. Tonight I checked AKV and I found the 2 nights at Jambo! We also need a roll in shower for DD # 2. I switched out from OKW to AKV jambo! I will continue to waitlist for kidani but the family is happy to return to AKV! :)

This is a x post from the regular AKL thread- does anyone know if the 5th fl Jambo refurb is complete? We are staying in a 1br value starting May 7th and obviously I'd love to try a refurbed room

Unless the DVC gods are cruel to me and someone else books before I do... I am planning on booking a savannah GV at Kidani in the morning. Suggestions for location so that we are near elevators and not horribly far from either bus or pool? (I know we can't get close to both, so will take one or the other.) Preferably not on either end, either. I have mobility issues, but will not have an ECV at the resort.

Thanks!

4Kids, this isn't the best answer to your question, but I recalled Monorail Purple's post on our declared units thread and it seems to indicate where some of the GVs are. If I'm reading this right, the 4th floor shows 3 units close to lobby on the south side, and another 2 on the north. None are a terribly long walk to the buses. The pool is located on the North, the Bus stop on the south.

Oh, how neglectful I've been!! :headache:

I think these are accurate, if not please correct me and send me accurate information. I really appreciate all those keeping this going!!

From the bottom up:

2nd Floor, no new declarations I could locate:

<broken image link deleted>

3rd floor, no new declarations either, I think:

Kidani3rdFloor-1.jpg

4th floor, updated, again no recent declarations:

Kidani4thfloor1222.jpg

5th floor, majority of declarations in last year on this floor, only Section 111 remains undeclared:

Kidani5thFloor4211.jpg

Sorry to all! Having 2 young kids on top of everything pushes so much aside!

Last edited:
4Kids, this isn't the best answer to your question, but I recalled Monorail Purple's post on our declared units thread and it seems to indicate where some of the GVs are. If I'm reading this right, the 4th floor shows 3 units close to lobby on the south side, and another 2 on the north. None are a terribly long walk to the buses. The pool is located on the North, the Bus stop on the south.

Thanks, twinklebug! That is very helpful!

Unless the DVC gods are cruel to me and someone else books before I do... I am planning on booking a savannah GV at Kidani in the morning. Suggestions for location so that we are near elevators and not horribly far from either bus or pool? (I know we can't get close to both, so will take one or the other.) Preferably not on either end, either. I have mobility issues, but will not have an ECV at the resort.

Thanks!

Go to this map of Kidani: http://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/Kindani_Village_Map.jpg. The lobby is in the center and faces west toward the bottom of the map. The left group of building units is the north wing. You will see nine building units (pods) on that wing with the last being indicated as smaller than the others. There is a GV in every pod on that wing except the fourth, fifth and eight pods from the lobby. The last and smaller looking pod on the north wing furthest from the lobby has three GVs. The six and seventh building units have a GV on both the Sunset Savanna and on the Pembe Savanna side of the pods and the two there that face Pembe are the standard GVs (those are the only two that do not face Sunset Savanna).

On the south wing of Kidani (right side of map), there is a GV in every pod except the fourth and seventh pods from the lobby.

The Kidani building is extremely long to walk, more than 2/3 mile down an internal hallway from end to end. The walk from the GV's on the end of the north wing to the bus stop on the south wing is well over 1/3 mile. Likewise the walk from the GVs on the end of the south wing to the pool on the north wing is well over 1/3 mile. You should not ask for just "close to an elevator" because there are three elvators along each wing, and essentially every room in the buidling can be considered close to an elevator. Many request close to lobby to avoid the torturous walks, but there have been many reports of members not getting that request and it is likely due to the fact that everybody requests it now, and it is included as a request in the online requests, thus giving all, including non-members, the ability to make that request. Better requests would be close to Rafiki elevator or close to the pool if you want short walk to pool, or close to Timon elevator or close to the bus stop if you want short walk to the bus stop.

The Kidani building is extremely long to walk, more than 2/3 mile down an internal hallway from end to end. The walk from the GV's on the end of the north wing to the bus stop on the south wing is well over 1/3 mile. Likewise the walk from the GVs on the end of the south wing to the pool on the north wing is well over 1/3 mile. You should not ask for just "close to an elevator" because there are three elvators along each wing, and essentially every room in the buidling can be considered close to an elevator. Many request close to lobby to avoid the torturous walks, but there have been many reports of members not getting that request and it is likely due to the fact that everybody requests it now, and it is included as a request in the online requests, thus giving all, including non-members, the ability to make that request. Better requests would be close to Rafiki elevator or close to the pool if you want short walk to pool, or close to Timon elevator or close to the bus stop if you want short walk to the bus stop.

:thanks:That was truly helpful. I will be using that information when I check in online.

First DVC stay! Staying on rented points in a Studio at Kidani village later this month. A couple of questions:

1. Laundry facilities--what are they like, where are they located, pricing??

2. Do I need to do online check in, if so do I make any requests?

3. Can we get additional towels?

If there is a great resource to find this information, I'm happy to look for the answers on my own!

Thanks so much!

1. Laundry facilities--what are they like, where are they located, pricing??
At Kidani Village the laundry facilities are on the 2nd floor (lobby level) in the south wing, not far from the lobby, just past the arcade and community hall. It has two regular washers and one large high efficiency front loader and six dryers. Unlike Jambo House, guests do not need to use a key card to access the laundry room.

The machines are free to use, but you will need to bring or purchase laundry detergent.

2. Do I need to do online check in
You don't need to, but you can.
if so do I make any requests?
If you complete the on-line check-in process, there will be a section where you can select from pre-determined location requests.

3. Can we get additional towels?
Yes, but official policy is to charge for them. If you ask a housekeeper in the the hallway, you might not get charged. If you call, you might.

Towel Package: $6 - includes 4 bath towels, 2 hand towels, 4 washcloths, 1 bath mat

Do these maps exist for Kidani?

As far as I have been able to determine, such maps do not exist for Kidani. As for rooms, Kidani has three types, GV's, dedicated 2BRs and lock-off 2BRs (which can be studios and 1BRs), and the dedicated and lockoff 2BRs are placed next to each other throughout the building.

Last edited:
Has anyone stayed at AKV during New year's eve before? We are planning a trip this NYE and wonder if there is any activity that night at the resort. I know the parks will be crazy,. So many instead of count down in the park, maybe celebrity it at the resort instead. Any idea?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter