***The Official AKV Owners And Lovers Thread***. Come And Chat

Just booked Kidani studio SV for May with DW, DS 5 and DD 6 months. Very excited. Thread has been a big help so ty all!

Couple questions:
Based on the info here I think we will want to be near the pool. Could it sabotage that request if I also asked for a certain floor?

Our son loves animals and science. He is very patient and inquisitive when it comes to those subjects. Any special programs or activities I should look into for him?

Hi. While we own at AKV, we've never stayed in a studio. We usually get a one bedroom. Can anyone tell me how many bathrooms are in a studio? Is it just the one? I know PBV has a split bathroom with two showers so I'm just wondering. Can't wait to be home again!

TIA, Diane

Hi. While we own at AKV, we've never stayed in a studio. We usually get a one bedroom. Can anyone tell me how many bathrooms are in a studio? Is it just the one? I know PBV has a split bathroom with two showers so I'm just wondering. Can't wait to be home again!

TIA, Diane
Jambo House Deluxe Studio Layout: http://advc.disney.go.com/media/dvc/...luxestudio.jpg
Kidani Village Deluxe Studio Layout: http://advc.disney.go.com/media/dvc/...luxestudio.jpg

Thank you! Is that a fold down table against the wall? Not that it matters. Just curious.

Other than what building you prefer, the biggest difference between the Jambo and Kidani studio, and the one you have to think about in making a choice, is the bathroom tub/shower. With Jambo, it is in the toilet room with a door that can be closed; in Kidani it is next to the sink and viewable while being used by anyone who comes into the area.

I'll also put out there that in Jambo, the DVC units are on the 5th floor (and a handful on 6th for concierge.) Whereas in Kidani they are on all floors. If savanna viewing from your balcony is a priority and you want to be closer to eye level with the animals, ask for 2nd floor at Kidani.

Thanks everyone. I'm sticking to Kidani, savannah view studio and looking forward to it! Have a great day!

So happy!! Just snagged a Value Studio at the 7 month window for the 4 nights before the kids join us at BLT for a week. We've stayed in Kidani before, but will enjoy the Jambo House experience. Originally was trying for BWV, but couldn't get a standard room and didn't want to use any more points than we needed.

A DVC owner at heart, I have snagged alast minute dvc booking for rent.
The booking is for a Deluxe Savanna View Studio (Jambo)

I didn't know there was a 'deluxe' category.

May I ask, what is involved with the studio being a deluxe?

A DVC owner at heart, I have snagged alast minute dvc booking for rent.
The booking is for a Deluxe Savanna View Studio (Jambo)

I didn't know there was a 'deluxe' category.

May I ask, what is involved with the studio being a deluxe?

It does not really mean anything special. For many years, DVC categorized all of its studios as just "Studios." Then sometime after it opened AKV which created a "value" booking category for a small number of rooms at AKV that were smaller than any other DVC rooms at any DVC resort, it started calling all its other studios "Deluxe Studios" but nothing changed as to the rooms themselves.

Last edited:
It does not really mean anything special. For many years, DVC categorized all of its studios as just "Studios." Then sometime after it opened AKV which created a "value" booking category for a small number of rooms at AKV that were smaller than any other DVC rooms at any DVC resort, it started calling all its other studios "Deluxe Studios" but nothing changed as to the rooms themselves.

Ah okay, I see. Thank you :-)

Hey Everyone....not sure if this has been discussed, but we are staying April 1st to 8th on CL....we got a note saying there were reno's going on. I assume rooms reno's. Has anyone stayed there recently and had issues with noise, etc?....is there an issue with the rooms on the 6th floor being out of commission....I now it may be kind of picky, but when we book CL we want to be on the 6th floor and not another floor with access to the lounge!

Hey Everyone....not sure if this has been discussed, but we are staying April 1st to 8th on CL....we got a note saying there were reno's going on. I assume rooms reno's. Has anyone stayed there recently and had issues with noise, etc?....is there an issue with the rooms on the 6th floor being out of commission....I now it may be kind of picky, but when we book CL we want to be on the 6th floor and not another floor with access to the lounge!

Allears has a note up that the Concierge lounge refurb will begin in May. I'd don't know for certain but would guess they would do the rooms there at the same time.

We will be staying CL April 11 - 16 and have not received any notification. I did see somewhere about the refurb in May. I saw this today on the site. This is actually the first I have seen anything about refurbishments during our upcoming stay.

upload_2016-3-3_9-37-34.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-3-3_9-37-20.png
    upload_2016-3-3_9-37-20.png
    35.6 KB · Views: 5
I have 1 BR Savannah view booked. We have a touring plans subscription and are planning to put requests in using their fax. I'm hoping to be near the first set of elevators on the right of the lobby (Timon?) and 2nd or 3rd floor.

Is it true that checking in online hurts our chances at getting a request met?

I have 1 BR Savannah view booked. We have a touring plans subscription and are planning to put requests in using their fax. I'm hoping to be near the first set of elevators on the right of the lobby (Timon?) and 2nd or 3rd floor.

Is it true that checking in online hurts our chances at getting a request met?
Yes and no. You are pre-assigned a room regardless if you check in online or not. Online check in is much faster, and your packet is printed up and ready to go. I've even heard some folk say they've been texted their room number when they arrive at the airport, so no need to visit the front desk at all. (Typical front desk check in without checking in online for me is about 10 minutes, but it can feel like an eternity after traveling all day. Changes to the room assignment can easily double that time as they have to call the assigner to see what can be moved about to accommodate you the best, and sometimes the room options aren't as good.)

If you get to your room and it doesn't suit your request, you are always free to call the front desk (keep in mind these folk are not the people at the physical front desk, but rather off site when you call). They can offer to move you if there is a room available. On occasion they can say there will be a room more to your liking open the following day, and ask if you would you like to move after the night.

The assigner for Kidani has in the past been very, very good working hard to shuffle room about to meet requests, but you'll have a better chance of getting a room you'll like if you keep your request a bit flexible.

Last edited:
Hi everyone! This will be our first stay at AKV. We are booked (doing BWI split stay) for a 2 bedroom stand view villa for September 11-15th.

Is there a certain room number I should request that would get us the best standard view?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!