***The Official AKV Owners And Lovers Thread***. Come And Chat

Hi everyone! This will be our first stay at AKV. We are booked (doing BWI split stay) for a 2 bedroom stand view villa for September 11-15th.

Is there a certain room number I should request that would get us the best standard view?

Jambo or Kidani?

Kitano villas

Kidani - OK! I think standard view rooms on the South Trail (near the pool area and Pembe Savannah) might have a better "view". Although rooms on the North Trail would be closer to transportation and Jambo (the AKL resort).

I don't know of any specific room numbers you could request - maybe someone here had a great room location they could recommend.

I found a map of Kidani - but I'm not sure if this link will work or not:

http://yourmagicaljourneys.com/DVC-AKLKidani.pdf

It might give you an idea of which "pod" location you'd like.

Kidani - OK! I think standard view rooms on the South Trail (near the pool area and Pembe Savannah) might have a better "view". Although rooms on the North Trail would be closer to transportation and Jambo (the AKL resort).

I don't know of any specific room numbers you could request - maybe someone here had a great room location they could recommend.

I found a map of Kidani - but I'm not sure if this link will work or not:

http://yourmagicaljourneys.com/DVC-AKLKidani.pdf

It might give you an idea of which "pod" location you'd like.
Thank you, the link worked! I will request north side. Hopefully.i can figure out which one on the north side are the 2 bedrooms

Thank you, the link worked! I will request north side. Hopefully.i can figure out which one on the north side are the 2 bedrooms

The info given was a little reversed. The Kidani front entrance faces west. It is the north wing that has the pool and Pembe savanna and the south wing which runs toward the front part of Jambo and has the bus station. The standards on the south wing all have a either a front entrance, road, or back of the bus station view. Those on the north wing overlook either the front entrance, the pool area, or there are standard views that were previously savanna views which overlook Pembe savanna.

If you want closest to transportation ask for close to the Timon elevator or close to community hall. If you want to be closest to the pool, ask for close to the Rafiki elevator (down it to ground floor parking lot gives you shortest possible walk to a gate to the pool area). If you want a room that was converted to standard view and has a savanna view, ask for close to the Pumba elevator (however, be aware that if you get that request, you will have a long walk to lobby and bus stop)

The two bedrooms are located throughout Kidani on every floor in every building.

The info given was a little reversed. The Kidani front entrance faces west. It is the north wing that has the pool and Pembe savanna and the south wing which runs toward the front part of Jambo and has the bus station. The standards on the south wing all have a either a front entrance, road, or back of the bus station view. Those on the north wing overlook either the front entrance, the pool area, or there are standard views that were previously savanna views which overlook Pembe savanna.

If you want closest to transportation ask for close to the Timon elevator or close to community hall. If you want to be closest to the pool, ask for close to the Rafiki elevator (down it to ground floor parking lot gives you shortest possible walk to a gate to the pool area). If you want a room that was converted to standard view and has a savanna view, ask for close to the Pumba elevator (however, be aware that if you get that request, you will have a long walk to lobby and bus stop)

The two bedrooms are located throughout Kidani on every floor in every building.

I am direction-challenged!! I pulled that information from something I found online ages ago -- actually when Kidani was still under construction! I don't remember North or South wings being listed in the online check-in requests -- probably because of the confusion that would cause people like me!:rotfl:

Thanks for posting this info! I'm sure it will be a big help to marissa1230 and many others! :thumbsup2

We just stayed at AKL - Jambo House for the first time and we loved it! We own there and were excited to get to experience it. We had a value 2 bedroom lock-off on the Ostrich Trail and although we did not see a lot of animals we saw enough to satisfy my two young kids. Seeing 3 giraffes one night was a real treat! I thought the buses were great and we had no issues with that either. Overall, we thought that it was a great resort and the value rooms were perfect.

We are AKL owners and for our 20th anniversary next year I'm hoping to score a CL studio for a few nights. This would be in June, and I would obviously jump on right at 8am at my 11 month mark to get it. I know there are only a handful of rooms, so am I dreaming that we could get one in June?

We are AKL owners and for our 20th anniversary next year I'm hoping to score a CL studio for a few nights. This would be in June, and I would obviously jump on right at 8am at my 11 month mark to get it. I know there are only a handful of rooms, so am I dreaming that we could get one in June?

I tried for a CL studio around that same time frame for the last 2 years. The problem is the walkers. Right at the start of the day they hop online and reserve out anywhere from 1-5 days, cancelling their old ones. However, I did see studios open up about 3-7 days after the booking window opened. I cannot believe Disney still has not put an end to this practice.

My suggestion: Definitely try for the room, call at opening, but have a backup plan ready that you'll love just as much as booking the CL room.

We've scored a 1BR club level several times. Our usual time is around May 27 to June 6. It may help that it is a one bedroom, since I have heard that those are less popular. We have a 1BR club level booked coming up June 1 - June 6 (We are staying at the Poly May 27-June 1). I did not walk the reservation, but jumped on right at 11. Good luck!!

My DD26 and I are renting points for a studio for Marathon weekend in January. We won't be able to rent until the 7 month window due to finances. We are happy just to be able to stay DVC for this trip and will be happy with whatever we get. We were told we could probably get AKV, OKW, or SSV. We would LOVE to stay at AKV! Has anyone on here stayed there during one of the race weekends? I have never rented points before and don't even know what (or if) requests can be made for a location. If we are able to request something, what would be the most important request? I realize that some locations are a long walk to the bus and QS restaurant. Any advice would be very much appreciated!

My DD26 and I are renting points for a studio for Marathon weekend in January. We won't be able to rent until the 7 month window due to finances. We are happy just to be able to stay DVC for this trip and will be happy with whatever we get. We were told we could probably get AKV, OKW, or SSV. We would LOVE to stay at AKV! Has anyone on here stayed there during one of the race weekends? I have never rented points before and don't even know what (or if) requests can be made for a location. If we are able to request something, what would be the most important request? I realize that some locations are a long walk to the bus and QS restaurant. Any advice would be very much appreciated!
I own at AKV and you should have no trouble getting a room at 7 mo, but know what you want bc they will fill up! I was there this year for marathon weekend, but I can book at 11 mo and had a club level room. You can stay at Jambo or kidani. You can rent standard or Savannah view. Request close to lobby for less walking. Enjoy!

Marathon weekend is one of DVC's highest demand times of the year. You should not assume either AKV or OKW studios will necessarily be easy to get 7 months out for marathon weekend. For that weekend in 2016, at 7 months out from the Thurs, OKW studios were already filled for the Fri and Sat, AKV Kidani the same, and AKV Jambo the Thurs, Fri and Sat. The only WDW DVC studios open the entire weekend were SSR. Moreover, 2017 presents an issue that did not exist for marathon weekend in 2016. Jan 1 will be a Sunday with the official holiday the Monday and marathon weekend is at the end of that same week. There are a number of schools now which have adopted Christmas holiday times that include all of that first week of Jan when Jan 1 is on the Sun or Mon. Thus, for 2017 you might also be competing with persons reserving that week as hanger-ons from the Christmas holiday.

As to room location requests at AKV, it is difficult to provide anything now because it depends on (a) whether you get Jambo or Kidani (each building is its own booking category) and whether you get standard or savanna view (also separate booking categories). Thus, it is easier to advise on room location requests after you have a room. Note as far as requests go, they need to be made through Member Services via the owner who does the reservation, requests are not guaranteed.

Thank you for the info! When you say a long walk, about how long would you say, time wise? Trying to decide what to request :) thanks

I have always gotten one when I wanted it by wait listing immediately at the 11 month window if it wasn't available. Since nearly everyone is walking I think wait lists usually come thorough. Mine have within a week to ten days of my WL.

Thank you for the info! When you say a long walk, about how long would you say, time wise? Trying to decide what to request :) thanks

The one thing that shocks first time guests at AKV is how long Kidani is. From tip to tip, rhe internal walk is about 2/3 mile. From lobby to end room on the north wing is about 1/3 mile and a good 5 to 6 minute walk by adults at regular pace. Add more if coming from the bus stop. The converted standard from savanna rooms near the Pumba elevator are about 150 to 225 yards short of the end of the north wing. The trip to the pool will not be that bad because it is also on the north wing, but from room to bus stop still close to 5 minutes without little ones or those who walk slow.

Last edited:
The one thing that shocks first time guests at AKV is how long Kidani is. From tip to tip, rhe internal walk is about 2/3 mile. From lobby to end room on the north wing is about 1/3 mile and a good 5 to 6 minute walk by adults at regular pace. Add more if coming from the bus stop. The converted standard to savanna rooms near the Pumba elevator are about 150 to 225 yards short of the end of the north wing. The trip to the pool will not be that bad because it is also on the north wing, but from room to bus stop still close to 5 minutes without little ones or those who walk slow.

Thank you that helps, appreciate it

Sooooo, as was posted earlier, we bought at AKV, SOOOO excited. Just saw the one pic I can find of the AKV Jambo refurb, and its better than the mock-up presented at the DVC meeting. Going to miss the old carpet, a lot, but still, pretty dang nice !

I also hear there are 60 inch Samsungs in the rooms now !??!?!

Anyone seen any other pictures/ videos ?!??! 13 months out from our first trip "home" ... can't wait !!!

Sooooo, as was posted earlier, we bought at AKV, SOOOO excited. Just saw the one pic I can find of the AKV Jambo refurb, and its better than the mock-up presented at the DVC meeting. Going to miss the old carpet, a lot, but still, pretty dang nice !

Anyone seen any other pictures/ videos ?!??! 13 months out from our first trip "home" ... can't wait !!!
Can you post the link of pic please!!

Can you post the link of pic please!!

http://dvcnews.com/index.php/resort...4/news-38870/3333-akv-refurbished-room-photos

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter