The Official 2013 Wine and Dine Half Marathon Thread

For those just starting out with training, newbies, etc. I was on Jeff Galloway's site last night and I see he has some new apps out in the iTunes Store. There's an Easy 5k (to get to 5k or improve your time in 7 weeks), there's and Easy 10k and there's a Half marathon version. It uses his Run Walk Run approach and (the best part IMHO) it uses YOUR music and beat-syncs it to the correct pace. I tried Cruise Control last week, a similar app but it doesn't recognize a lot of my running songs so I think I am going to try this one today.

bjakmom said:
so DGrD(9) and I decided to start training for our first 5K and do the Jungle Jingle:thumbsup2
Booked AKV and made a new countdown - so it's official - let the training begin!

My friend told me the other day that her girls love this 5k- it's their favorite (and they've been to them all I think) the medallion is very cool- tempted to try to get one for myself but I don't want to take a chance on missing out on the nighttime medal! Lol

I am new to the RunDisney stuff... as this will be my first race. But, do you usually get a discount or something off room when you register? We booked Beach Club already at rack- Just wondering if I should expect to change it?

Thanks....

They have room packages. I think it is at a discount, but your resort choices are limited to the host resorts. Of course, I'm new to this too, so don't take my word for it. Also, looking at the packages from last year, I'm not sure how great of a deal it is!

I like how every race has updated dates on the runDisney site, but the wine and dine. The tinkerbell and full already have their 2014 dates up.

For those just starting out with training, newbies, etc. I was on Jeff Galloway's site last night and I see he has some new apps out in the iTunes Store. There's an Easy 5k (to get to 5k or improve your time in 7 weeks), there's and Easy 10k and there's a Half marathon version. It uses his Run Walk Run approach and (the best part IMHO) it uses YOUR music and beat-syncs it to the correct pace. I tried Cruise Control last week, a similar app but it doesn't recognize a lot of my running songs so I think I am going to try this one today.

Do you have to pay for the training plans? I run 3-5 miles per outing right now but I'm working on improving my times. Currently running 10:15 miles but trying to get down below 10 minute miles with a goal of a sub-30 minute 5k before I go back to training for distance. (I know, I'm a slowpoke.)

capeseal said:
Do you have to pay for the training plans? I run 3-5 miles per outing right now but I'm working on improving my times. Currently running 10:15 miles but trying to get down below 10 minute miles with a goal of a sub-30 minute 5k before I go back to training for distance. (I know, I'm a slowpoke.)

If you are a slowpoke, then I don't know what I am! I am running 15 minute miles now when I push it, and have only done 5k. The 5k app is 3.99 (Cdn) and the half is 9.99. Not sure about the 10k.

Tinker326 said:
I am new to the RunDisney stuff... as this will be my first race. But, do you usually get a discount or something off room when you register? We booked Beach Club already at rack- Just wondering if I should expect to change it?

Thanks....

Yes, they offer discounts but I watched them last year and I didn't think they were anything to write home about. If you got a pin code or free dining it would be better.

I am jumping in to start this! My DH and I have decided to do this, and besides my doing the C25K last year and running a 5k, this will be my first attempt at a run of any significance. :thumbsup2

If you have decided to do this run too, then please join in and let's work together to be ready for next November!

Race weekend is November 8th to 10th, 2013 with the race being held November 9th at 10pm.

Planned Participants, Wine and Dine Half Marathon:
(1&2) Schoonersky & DH (3) Helloirishkitty (4) Mac4life30 (5) Tiger Lily 03 (maybe?)
(6) Rupert B Puppenstein (possibly, unless the Chickamauga Battlefield Marathon wins out!)
(7) es45 (8) Haas4Concern (9) Mking623 (maybe!) (10&11) Nole95 & DW (maybe!)
(12) Lerxst (13) irishwishes (14) Longhorns2 (15) UGAFan0829 (16) snelldog
(17) EeyoreEma (18) yourfriend (19) houseofmousefor4ofus (20) crk1977 (DH)
(21) JennyDrake (22) strawberry's mom&dad (23) mrs goofy ?
(24&25) MikeofRose&Mike and Rose&Mike (26) CruiseBoundKY (27) sillylily
(28) dougb0 (29) cinderelley (30) OregonGirl (31) CamColt ? (32) ArmyVet80 (DW)
(33) DCbride (34) Disney52303 (35) rebapple ? (36) cruisindisney ? (37) MonkeyDishwasher
(38,39,40,41) wood8176 & DW & DB & gal (42) bellanotte10 (43) bigtony777
(44) FloridaNative8 (45) bungchiwow (46) wallawallakids (DH) (47) Shang Runner
(48) Liliesinthevalley (49) vbarry (50) tiffrobyn (51) Tinker326
(52&53) capeseal & DH ? (54) zgirls (55) NickiSue (56) the antifanatic
(57) ery949 (58) jeanigor (59,60,61,62) cjhinch & DH (+DSis & BIL??)
(63) smileyk8 (64) PlutoBaby (65&66) fozziepitysthefool & DS
(67) Fruto76 (68) pix13dust (69&70) LWQuestie & DH (71) wdwpluto
(72&73) bjakmom & DH

Mickey's Jingle Jungle 5k:
(1) Melissahac99
(2) BernardandMissBianca ?
(3&4) bjakmom & DGrD
(5&6) schoonersky & DH ?? maybe...really like that medal!
:thumbsup2

Supporters and/or 2014 hopefuls:
Sleepless Knight (ran 2012)

I will try to keep the list updated but if I get your information wrong, or you don't want to be on the list just pm me!

First Post is Up-to-date! We are a growing group!!! Let me know if I missed you or put you in the wrong place!

:dance3:

I know I am kinda rare and new to this board, but if you wanna include me, I'm a virtual lock to be in the half. My ONLY way out is if this thing sells out within minutes. Gonna need a couple days to coordinate with family and plans.

Snelldog said:
I know I am kinda rare and new to this board, but if you wanna include me, I'm a virtual lock to be in the half. My ONLY way out is if this thing sells out within minutes. Gonna need a couple days to coordinate with family and plans.

Never mind! I see me in the group! Thanks for including me!

For the1/2 it's just my DH. Lol. I will be lucky if my little arthritic knee will let me finish the 5k with my 9 yo DGrD;). You could just replace the & with 's in front of DH for me. Lol

Anyone doing 5K and Half? My wife might want to do the 5K and wants me to join her. Anyone ever do this on same say?

bjakmom said:
For the1/2 it's just my DH. Lol. I will be lucky if my little arthritic knee will let me finish the 5k with my 9 yo DGrD;). You could just replace the & with 's in front of DH for me. Lol

I knew I would mess up somewhere! I knew it was just your DH but likely forgot at that point!

zgirls said:
Anyone doing 5K and Half? My wife might want to do the 5K and wants me to join her. Anyone ever do this on same say?

I have never done this, but with the late night half, if you took it easy in both races there's no reason you couldn't do it. As my buddy always says "what's stopping you."

zgirls said:

DH and I are considering it. This is a big costly trip for us and we don't know when we will be back...and those cute medals are so tempting!! There is a lady with a blog who did both this year... And she has bad asthma. Google wine and dine blogs and you will find her, it is at www.lifesawheeze.com

I am theorizing that we could walk the 5k, collect our cool Mickey medal, go back to to room and have a rest and then prepare for the half. Even if I didn't do the 5k I would probably cover that distance just killing time! ;-)

Quick poll: would you elect to buy a dining plan for 2 adults and a 10 year old?? I cannot figure if its a better deal or not... Thanks for your response!

I've always wanted to run Disney, so I'm excited at learning this is going on while we'll be there in November. Has anyone used the in room babysitting service so you could participate? I'm more of a walker, so I'd need care until the wee hours of the morning...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter