• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Official 2013 Fall Professional Internship Thread!

Sorry if I made you more nervous!! Are you interviewing for Alumni Only? I'm sure you will do great!

No, just regular PIs for HR work. I just have never had an interview in my life so I'm freaking out, every other job I've had I got by someone referring me to the job or working there as a temp and getting on permanent or by being promoted. And I've been a stay at home mom for over 10yrs now so that's also freaking me out, like I have to explain myself or something.

I have the skills they want for the position so I just have to dig deep down and remind myself that I'm good enough to do this job and project that out to them. Everyone always says I come across really sweet and soft spoken over the phone so I'm going to count that in my favor. LOL

Well that was that. I think I blew it. I didn't have good answers for some of the questions she asked. I wasn't prepared for them so I stopped and thought about them but my answers were really weak IMO. I had the strong urge to fill the silence as she typed in my answers but resisted as much as I could. It was obvious how nervous I was (my voice shook a bit) and since her headset made her sound very muffled that just upped it.

But on the bright side I survived my first interview ever! Go me! :laughing:

It's a wait and see game now. That I can handle! ;)

I would just like to introduce myself! I am Valerie I'm from Oklahoma and a marketing major at Southeastern Oklahoma State. I just applied for a Management internship-retail! I have my first interview feb. 15th in the morning and wondering if anyone has did the initial screening yet and what to expect?

Thanks!

delmar411 said:
Well that was that. I think I blew it. I didn't have good answers for some of the questions she asked. I wasn't prepared for them so I stopped and thought about them but my answers were really weak IMO. I had the strong urge to fill the silence as she typed in my answers but resisted as much as I could. It was obvious how nervous I was (my voice shook a bit) and since her headset made her sound very muffled that just upped it.

I'm happy you've made it through and it ain't over till its over, right?
I remember my first interview... *shudder*

I'm trying to do the Summer and I have no idea what to expect...

Oh, can someone tell me what jobs qualify as "Alumni Only"?

You just summed up my interview experience. All of my answers were really weak and I forgot one of the main responsibilities of guest relations. :headache: I took a few seconds to answer my questions and I was shaking I was so nervous. Thankfully my CP interview I nailed. I'm sure we did better than we think!!

Oh, can someone tell me what jobs qualify as "Alumni Only"?

If you search the jobs on the PI website there is a specific job that says "Disney Professional Internships- College Program Alumni Only Positions". When you click on it it lists about 30 different jobs that have a requirement of one CP completed to participate. They include Guest Relations, CP housing and education internships, and Park Events Operations Assistant to name a few.

leeg229 said:
You just summed up my interview experience. All of my answers were really weak and I forgot one of the main responsibilities of guest relations. :headache: I took a few seconds to answer my questions and I was shaking I was so nervous. Thankfully my CP interview I nailed. I'm sure we did better than we think!!

If you search the jobs on the PI website there is a specific job that says "Disney Professional Internships- College Program Alumni Only Positions". When you click on it it lists about 30 different jobs that have a requirement of one CP completed to participate. They include Guest Relations, CP housing and education internships, and Park Events Operations Assistant to name a few.

Ah, I see. I thought I accidentally applied for an alumni only job, just checking. Thank you :)

Hey guys,

Does anyone know where I'd be able to find blogs where people are sharing and giving advice about their experiences with MI's and PI's. :)

Thanks,
Krystal

Hello Everyone!

My name is Justin and I am a senior graduating in may at The University of West Florida. I applied for a couple of internships a week ago and my status hasn't changed. How long does it normally take before I hear anything? Does everyone get at least one interview?

I qualified for the basic qualifications and all of the preferred on all of the ones I applied for. Hoping for the best!

Hello Everyone!

My name is Justin and I am a senior graduating in may at The University of West Florida. I applied for a couple of internships a week ago and my status hasn't changed. How long does it normally take before I hear anything? Does everyone get at least one interview?

I qualified for the basic qualifications and all of the preferred on all of the ones I applied for. Hoping for the best!

Hi Justin.

The process is extremely long. It depends on what positions you have applied for. Some people have an initial screening interview that is for all the positions you applied for. Then they may have additional interviews for specific positions. Many have said that most departments do not even look at applications or resumes until after the deadline to apply has passed. Management Internships have just closed and the deadline for most others is on March 8th.

I know that doesn't really answer your question, some departments take longer than others. I was told in my phone interview that the latest I would hear back was April 26th.

I applied for the Yellow Shoes, Marketing, PR, and Customer Relations internships. All of them have not moved at all :(

Hello All,

Finally found the Fall 2013 thread. I applied on the day apps dropped for youth sales, park events sales, disneyland college program housing, and 5 ALumni only CP's. I am currently IP for Disneyland and alumni-only and still in submission for the other two. I graduate in May so this is my shot and I am praying I get one. Good Luck To all!

I just went NLIC for Lodging MI. I am heartbroken. :sad: I don't understand why either. I worked FD on my program, I have leadership experience at my current job and years of leadership experience through student government. I even provided a cover letter and two letters of recommendation.

I know they are very competitive, I just anticipated at least making it to the first round of interviews because I felt I met all of the qualifications. :sad1:

I am still in consideration for the CP and a few other PI's. So perhaps one of those will pan out and I can try again next season for a MI.

NLIC for Theme Park Operations MI. Figured I'd at least get an interview as well. I now remain in the hunt for only two out of the four I applied to.

I just went NLIC for Lodging MI. I am heartbroken. :sad: I don't understand why either. I worked FD on my program, I have leadership experience at my current job and years of leadership experience through student government. I even provided a cover letter and two letters of recommendation.

I know they are very competitive, I just anticipated at least making it to the first round of interviews because I felt I met all of the qualifications. :sad1:

I am still in consideration for the CP and a few other PI's. So perhaps one of those will pan out and I can try again next season for a MI.

Sorry about the MI but keep your chin up and just focus on the other PIs you are being considered for. :goodvibes

My application for Yellow Shoes Advertising went from "submission" to "in progress" last night. Anyone have experience as to how long from now if I receive an interview?

I think I'm just going to be applying for the alumni only ones. the other ones I don't think I'm qualified enough for :(
I was wondering, Park Event Operations would be my number one but I don't have special event experience so that would probably take me right out wouldn't it?
Also what is Disney operational experience? When I did the CP I was custodial which is part of operations does that work haha.

NLIC for Yotuh Sales :( but still IP for disneyland college program hosuing, Submission for park event tikcet sales and IP for Alumni- Only. I really want this badly I am ready to live my life and be an amazing cast member with the company again

2 of mine still say "submission" on them and I submitted those when I did all of my other applications the day after apps went up. Anyone still have that?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter