The Official 2013 Fall Professional Internship Thread!

My consumer analyst said submission until today when it went NLIC as well. Only one left of the four I originally applied to is the ESPN WWoS MI which is "in progress."

Pipermae, I am in the same boat. I am still in submission for catering and convention services. I applied to that one the same time I applied to my others and its the only one still in the submission phase the rest are in progress or NLIC. I was wondering about it as well, glad I'm not the only one.

My phone interview isn't until Friday : /. Which all of these acceptances being sent out does that lower my chances of getting in?

No you do not have a lower chance the apps dont close until march 8th departments wont get resumes and stuff until after they finish phone screens so your chances are good

Pipermae, I am in the same boat. I am still in submission for catering and convention services. I applied to that one the same time I applied to my others and its the only one still in the submission phase the rest are in progress or NLIC. I was wondering about it as well, glad I'm not the only one.

Im in submission for park and event ticket sales been that way since i applied its scary cause all my others are slowly going NLIC so i hope this one doesnt as well. Im in IP for two

Im in submission for park and event ticket sales been that way since i applied its scary cause all my others are slowly going NLIC so i hope this one doesnt as well. Im in IP for two

I know! In submission is definitely better than a NLIC but I don't want to get my hopes up. Plus I'm still in progress for my top 2 ;) Good Luck!!

I have now NLICed for 3 of mine (WDI contract administrator, Disney ABC Technology and Operations, and Theme park operations). I am actually really sad about the WDI one because I actually met all the requirements and advance requirements for it. I haven't had an interview yet for any. But I am in progress for 3 and in submission for 3. So there is still hope I can still get one.

This is happening to me too. One of mine is still in submission and the other one is in progress. I applied for these February 3rd as they both had a February 8th deadline, however, one of them has changed to a March 8th deadline. Did everyone write cover letters for all of their PI applications even though it didn't ask for it?

Disney4life222 said:
This is happening to me too. One of mine is still in submission and the other one is in progress. I applied for these February 3rd as they both had a February 8th deadline, however, one of them has changed to a March 8th deadline. Did everyone write cover letters for all of their PI applications even though it didn't ask for it?

I have written cover letters for most of mine I have applied for except like 2

I'm really, really late to the game, haha, but I can't stop a nagging feeling that I should be applying to an Alumni-Only PI. But I have a question. :upsidedow

How strict are they with your major when you apply to one of the Alumni-Only PI? I'm an English - Creative Writing major, and there are ZERO PIs that I saw that pertain to writing and allow for an English major (if I see one that relates in any way, like editing, it says a Communications major is required :confused3). I'm interested in the Guest Relations-related PIs, and I do have some guest service experience at my current job. Would I be silly applying to these even though my major doesn't really relate? My dream is to write for Disney Imagineering or Disney publications, but I'm kind of terrified that an opportunity to get my foot in the door for writing will never come up. :sad2: I do really enjoy the Guest Relations aspect of my job, though, so I Would definitely be happy if I got a Guest Relations or related PI.

Ah! I should have come home from my CP and changed my major to Communications. Might have had a shot at a writing PI that way. :rolleyes:

Disney4life222 said:

I didn't write any cover letters. They didn't ask for them and it's not a factor in getting a screening interview. I'd rather answer a question about my past experience and my break between work and then university as they are posed to me instead of over explaining in a letter.

I'm really, really late to the game, haha, but I can't stop a nagging feeling that I should be applying to an Alumni-Only PI. But I have a question. :upsidedow

How strict are they with your major when you apply to one of the Alumni-Only PI? I'm an English - Creative Writing major, and there are ZERO PIs that I saw that pertain to writing and allow for an English major (if I see one that relates in any way, like editing, it says a Communications major is required :confused3). I'm interested in the Guest Relations-related PIs, and I do have some guest service experience at my current job. Would I be silly applying to these even though my major doesn't really relate? My dream is to write for Disney Imagineering or Disney publications, but I'm kind of terrified that an opportunity to get my foot in the door for writing will never come up. :sad2: I do really enjoy the Guest Relations aspect of my job, though, so I Would definitely be happy if I got a Guest Relations or related PI.

Ah! I should have come home from my CP and changed my major to Communications. Might have had a shot at a writing PI that way. :rolleyes:

English majors are normally related to communications. A lot of what we do in communications is writing so they will love that aspect of your application. I suggest studying AP (Associated Press) style too so you can add that to your qualifications.

English majors are normally related to communications. A lot of what we do in communications is writing so they will love that aspect of your application. I suggest studying AP (Associated Press) style too so you can add that to your qualifications.

Ah! That makes me feel so much better! Thanks! :yay: My plan B if I didn't get a PI was obviously doing the CP again (which I already applied for), and then going back to school for something and try again for a PI. This gives me a little bit more hope that all is not lost on me!

Off I go to study up on AP writing and brush up on my resume in hopes of not being too late in the application process!

Had my phone interview last week for the various marketing PIs. Has anyone here ever been a marketing pi? Just have a few questions about the process and the marketing program in general.

Also, I saw that PIs can get housing first come first serve. Anyone know how fast those typically fill up or what the process is to get it? Obviously you need to get accepted into the program first but I was just looking for some further details. Thanks.

So I have applied for the WDW Parks Summer Engineering PI, I know that I need full availability during that time. I am in 2 weddings in CA in July/August and a weekend trip planned to Vegas. What are my chances of getting off for the weddings? Is this PI a normal Monday to Friday job? If so I would only need a day off for both but that would be the same week and I would rather the week off. This is the one thing I am concerned about if I ever get to that point.

Hey! I'm new here, but looking for support going through the PI application process. I haven't done a CP and I graduated with a degree in biology in December so this round is really my last shot.

I've applied for 4 PIs:
Agriculture Science - Biotechnology
Agriculture Scicene - Plant Science
Animal Programs - Reproductive Biology
Animal Science Environment Project Management Internship

So far for the first three I'm "in progress" and have received direct emails from the hiring department requesting additional info. No interviews scheduled. The last one I'm "submitted".

Does anyone know about these science related PIs? Or if they will wait until March 8th to start scheduling interviews and making decisions?

Thanks in advance! All this worrying is driving me nuts!

So I have applied for the WDW Parks Summer Engineering PI, I know that I need full availability during that time. I am in 2 weddings in CA in July/August and a weekend trip planned to Vegas. What are my chances of getting off for the weddings? Is this PI a normal Monday to Friday job? If so I would only need a day off for both but that would be the same week and I would rather the week off. This is the one thing I am concerned about if I ever get to that point.

I had looked into programs previously and knew I had an event (a family member's graduation) during the length of the internship. I emailed the PI general questions contact email and they said they would be accommodating for a situation like that. So they may be understanding if you let them know in advance. You could email the program email and see what they say.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter