The Official 2013 Fall Professional Internship Thread!

Somehow I've managed to stay "In Progress" for the MI Theme Park Ops -- anyone know exactly what the responsibilities of this job are (beyond the broad description listed on the application)?! I envision myself running Adventureland :lovestruc but something tells me that's not quite what this PI is all about! :confused3

Well they never train interns on adventure land, only liberty square, so I can tel you that part is just a dream :P.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Have my screener interview tomorrow. Has anyone gone through the interview screener for engineering jobs? I am not really sure what to expect. I know the basis why do you want the PI but not really sure what else they could ask.

Have my screener interview tomorrow. Has anyone gone through the interview screener for engineering jobs? I am not really sure what to expect. I know the basis why do you want the PI but not really sure what else they could ask.

Just curious how you were informed of your screener interview? My son is in progress for a summer and fall engineering PI. He has been waiting patiently for an interview. In 2012 for the spring PI, he was "interview stage" nearly the entire waiting time and NEVER got an interview! :confused3 He's hoping that since he's been "in progress" for a couple of weeks now, this time will be different. Good luck on your interview tomorrow!

Just curious how you were informed of your screener interview? My son is in progress for a summer and fall engineering PI. He has been waiting patiently for an interview. In 2012 for the spring PI, he was "interview stage" nearly the entire waiting time and NEVER got an interview! :confused3 He's hoping that since he's been "in progress" for a couple of weeks now, this time will be different. Good luck on your interview tomorrow!

They will send him an email asking him to click a link to set up a time for a phone interview. He must select an interview time within two days of receiving the email.

Thank you! Hopefully he will hear something soon!

It seems like most interviews are going to take place between this week and next week. I had my interview monday morning. It also seems like the process is moving along a lot faster than previous application terms.

Yea like said I got an email. Unfortunately it was during the period when dashboard was down. When it was finally up I was able to schedule it for tomorrow. It also has a thing on the dashboard. Mine was under the assistive technology PI. In the pending invitations part it had a link to schedule the interview.

I understand the long wait. I did it last year with no interview ever. This time I applied for more (b/c I am graduating I can do fall ones now to and not delay graduation for a year). It has been like a month I think since I applied for my first one and pretty much immediately went in progress. The only progress I have seen is the NLIC I have gotten from a few. (WDI they hired and closed it) From the facebook group I am the first of the few engineers there to get an interview.

Ciao tutti,

I just applied for the Environmental conservation education internship. Did any one else ever do it? anyone else apply for it? Good luck to everyone!

Yea like said I got an email. Unfortunately it was during the period when dashboard was down. When it was finally up I was able to schedule it for tomorrow. It also has a thing on the dashboard. Mine was under the assistive technology PI. In the pending invitations part it had a link to schedule the interview.

I understand the long wait. I did it last year with no interview ever. This time I applied for more (b/c I am graduating I can do fall ones now to and not delay graduation for a year). It has been like a month I think since I applied for my first one and pretty much immediately went in progress. The only progress I have seen is the NLIC I have gotten from a few. (WDI they hired and closed it) From the facebook group I am the first of the few engineers there to get an interview.

Thank you so much for your reply! It was very informative. Seriously, we thought my son was the ONLY applicant last year who did not get an interview! Makes no sense, really, to put someone in "interview stage" and not schedule an interview. Oh well. We're moving on! Your response gave us some encouragement that this time will be different! :thumbsup2 Good luck today! :goodvibes If possible let us know how the questions were!

Hi! I applied to a few PIs back in early February, and most of them are still in the Submission phase on the Dashboard. Should I be worried about this? Two of them have been "In Progress" for a while, too, and all this talk of people getting interviews is making me nervous!

electricshock said:
Hi! I applied to a few PIs back in early February, and most of them are still in the Submission phase on the Dashboard. Should I be worried about this? Two of them have been "In Progress" for a while, too, and all this talk of people getting interviews is making me nervous!

Have you had your initial interview, yet?

Thank you so much for your reply! It was very informative. Seriously, we thought my son was the ONLY applicant last year who did not get an interview! Makes no sense, really, to put someone in "interview stage" and not schedule an interview. Oh well. We're moving on! Your response gave us some encouragement that this time will be different! :thumbsup2 Good luck today! :goodvibes If possible let us know how the questions were!

Thanks!! I will try and let you know! Hopefully your son will get an interview soon!

No, I haven't heard anything from Disney apart from the initial "thank you for applying" emails and one NLIC email for one of the PI's I applied for.

I know there are still a lot of people out there doing their initial interviews. So I would keep an eye out. Have you checked your dashboard to make sure? And make sure to keep an eye on the spam folder. Almost all of my e-mails have gone to my inbox EXCEPT the one telling me to schedule my interview. That one went to my spam box. :confused3

I know there are still a lot of people out there doing their initial interviews. So I would keep an eye out. Have you checked your dashboard to make sure? And make sure to keep an eye on the spam folder. Almost all of my e-mails have gone to my inbox EXCEPT the one telling me to schedule my interview. That one went to my spam box. :confused3

My Dashboard still says either "In Progress" or "Submission" for all of them except the NLIC, and my spam is empty. But as long as there are other people in the same general spot in the process as I am, I guess it's ok! Thank you for your help! :)

Thanks for the info that it could possibly be in "spam". I'll be sure to have my son check there daily also.

cindy17 said:
Thanks for the info that it could possibly be in "spam". I'll be sure to have my son check there daily also.

He needs to watch his dashboard. Just once per day is sufficient because all emails they send are also posted there under 1 of the jobs, if he's applied for more than 1 job. And there will be a link on the dashboard to schedule his interview so that's really all he needs to check.

Hi all! I'm graduating from Duke in may and applied to a marketing PI about two weeks ago. After one week I got 2 emails - one saying that I was NLIC and the other saying I was a good match for a different PI (which I didn't see the first time around and actually like a lot better!). Its in California which is cool but a little scary because I'm an east coaster. 4 days after applying I got an email to schedule a phone interview! I was beyond excited and scheduled it for yesterday at 6:45 pm since I had to work until 5. I got the call at 6:40 saying that the computer system was down and I'd have to reschedule :( I'd spent all day freaking out for nothing. I still haven't gotten the email to reschedule but it's making me flip every time I get an email which seems to be about every ten minutes...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter