The Official 2013 Fall/Fall Advantage Thread!!

ahhhhhh i see! last semester i was REALLY busy with just lots of life and school stuff, too, so busy, in fact, i didn't even find the time to apply. I am really bad at talking on the phone, too, though I'd rather do the interview that way so the interviewer can't see anything weird i do during, haha. not that i intend to do anything weird, but stuff happens.

Yeah this is very true! I was able to pace a little bit and make weird faces while trying not to freak out... :D I just hope the e-mail comes sooner so that I can either tell my family and friends that I got in or get on with my life. To quote and princess-kidnapping-Spaniard "I hate waiting." ;)

Did my phone interview last night. I feel like it went much better than my last interview last semester. It was still kind of short though, only 14 minutes. Hopefully that's not a sign or anything. I don't know how I'll stand waiting the next two weeks!

BookLover23 said:
To quote and princess-kidnapping-Spaniard "I hate waiting." ;)

Hmmm I think you and i will be good friends should we get to meet in the fall. :D

jenniy122 said:
Did my phone interview last night. I feel like it went much better than my last interview last semester. It was still kind of short though, only 14 minutes. Hopefully that's not a sign or anything. I don't know how I'll stand waiting the next two weeks!

As far as I've seen, that's a pretty average length, I think. But it's great that you feel good about it! :)

Some acceptances have gone out!! Many people have been accepted for FA Attractions! Hopefully some of us will hear soon! :cool1:

Ps. Don't stress if you wanted attractions and didn't get it yet! There isn't really a pattern to what roles are offered on what days. People will always try to figure it out but Disney has said on their Blog that there is no pattern!!

I have a question.

I submitted my application the day it was posted and did the WBI the morning after. I got a phone interview for Monday at 5 (which I thought was late compared to alot of the people on FB). I really want to do the Fall Advantage... like really bad. I have found out that a few FA acceptance have already been issued!! Should I be worried that I haven't even had my phone interview yet?? I am interested in Attractions, Character attendant, and front desk. I'm slightly freaking out. Does my late date hurt me?

I have a question.

I submitted my application the day it was posted and did the WBI the morning after. I got a phone interview for Monday at 5 (which I thought was late compared to alot of the people on FB). I really want to do the Fall Advantage... like really bad. I have found out that a few FA acceptance have already been issued!! Should I be worried that I haven't even had my phone interview yet?? I am interested in Attractions, Character attendant, and front desk. I'm slightly freaking out. Does my late date hurt me?

When you applied and when you interview have no affect of your chances of getting fall advantage. One of my roommates applied on the last possible day and was accepted for spring adv. I applied right in the middle of the recruiting season and got spring adv.

When you applied and when you interview have no affect of your chances of getting fall advantage. One of my roommates applied on the last possible day and was accepted for spring adv. I applied right in the middle of the recruiting season and got spring adv.

Thanks! Do they ask you which one you prefer in the phone interview? Or do you suggest that I say something at the end of the interview. I graduate in May and would like to start right after graduation and not have a few months to do nothing lol

jtsagaratos said:
I have a question.

It doesn't hurt you in terms of what roles you want or the session as much as the actual check-in dates fill up fast. The earlier check-in dates fill quickly, but you shouldn't be hurt in terms of being able to do FA, if that makes sense :)

If I'm wrong, someone feel free to correct me :)

ahhhhhh i see! last semester i was REALLY busy with just lots of life and school stuff, too, so busy, in fact, i didn't even find the time to apply. I am really bad at talking on the phone, too, though I'd rather do the interview that way so the interviewer can't see anything weird i do during, haha. not that i intend to do anything weird, but stuff happens.

Rofl the same way! I hate talking on the phone..but would rather on the phone than in person..so I can pace...play with a pen or something..and in person I think I might get more nervous..although I am so afriad i'll get really nervous on the phone.

Ahh cant believe its Friday almsot already..my interview is tomorrow morning..eek!! Trying not to get nervous..just to keep calm..I dont want to ruin it because I got nervous..and cant even put a thought together. I'm afraid i'm going to say "ummm" alot.

My top roles were
Attractions
Character Attendent
Merch.

So I've never had a job before so I dont have work expierence so I am so afriad that will hurt me :worried:

So its looking like i'll have the house to myself..so hopefully being alone and quiet will help me get my head together in the morning haha.

Ugg and still have a paper due tomorrow night..but I keep getting distracted by Disney :laughing:

Just got off the phone with my interviewer! Brandon. He was awesome. He made the whole thing very easy. I can't wait to hear back but I have a good feeling... I HOPE. I don't want to be too positive. I just want to hear and it's only been a few minutes!

Thanks! Do they ask you which one you prefer in the phone interview? Or do you suggest that I say something at the end of the interview. I graduate in May and would like to start right after graduation and not have a few months to do nothing lol

At the beginning of the interview they should ask you to verify your application info like your name and choice of Advantage or the regular season. If the subject doesn't come up by the end of the interview bring it up yourself. That would also be the appropriate time to mention any specific area/park/resort you would want to work in. If there are any roles you 100% don't want mention that too.

I got off the phone about half an hour ago with Suzanne - she was SO sweet! and she also made the interview very easy. She couldn't access my College Program application so had to go off of the information on my PI application. I just had to tell her my top roles and if I preferred to live in housing or since I lived locally if I would commute. I told her I preferred housing since the commute is almost an hour each way plus I would love the experience of living in housing. I applied for Disneyland CP and would start in August.

My interview lasted 23 minutes and I felt so comfortable this time around thanks to a great recruiter!! Now on to the waiting game :surfweb:

Good luck everyone!

I'm curious why pending emails are going out so soon.

A LOT of the earlier pendings were alumni who are restricted rehire (but not all of them). There is no pattern as to how Disney is accepting pending or NLIC-ing anyone. This season seems really compressed and has a much smaller window for applications than previous years.

I'm curious why pending emails are going out so soon.

There is no difference this time than any other time.

There have been people in the past who applied the first day they could and interviewed the first day that they could and were given a pending status.

This has nothing to do with when one applies or interviews. It has everything to do with how the interview went *or* if additional paperwork is required (rehire paperwork for former cast / background check paperwork for those who need it) *or* if the person is ONLY interested in being a character performer.

Wishes count, you seem so knowledgable. We have a few questions, I pm'd you . hope you don't mind.

Ahh not sure what to think:worried:

Just got done with my interview a little bit ago....it lasted like 10mins.
My interviewer was nice but not very talkative...all they really said was "ok" most of the time.
I just felt like they really didnt like me.. I was so afraid I was going to be nervous or stumble on my words...but I didnt..I was perfectly calm...but everytime I tired to answer the questions..its like I couldnt even fully explain why I thought before it was on to the next question. There wasnt very many questions..basically 1 per role.

The one thing I was so afraid of is...that I have no work expierence..but I felt more confident about it after reading around here that some people didnt and it didnt really effect it..but I felt like when they heard I didnt have any...that it went south from there.:sad2:
I am a dedicated worker..and I dont feel like having work expierence would have affected the roles I picked.

I just couldnt believe how short it was.
I have wanted this for so long..and just thought of not getting in...sigh:guilty:

I am not trying to keep myself worried about it..but its hard not to...but i'm going to keep positive and hope for the best!!:wizard:

does anyone feel like it's extremely hard to get accepted this time? It's freaking me out, I don't think being an alumni will help me at all, and if I don't get in I'll be graduated and totally lost without any goals anymore haha.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter