The Official 2013 Fall/Fall Advantage Thread!!

Hey everyone! :wave2: I'm Olivia, I'm currently a freshman at Fairleigh Dickinson University, I'm majoring in English Language/Literature and I'll soon be declaring my minor in Theatre.

I have my phone interview on the 20th and I'm super excited! I cannot stop thinking about it, everything went so fast, the decision to apply and then the process and everything. My first choice is to be a character performer but I pretty much have an interest in doing everything!

Good luck to all of us :3

It all happened so quickly after the WBI...I was worried about a few of my questions, but when I pressed submit- it instantly told me "Congratulations, you're a strong candidate..." :rotfl:

PHONE INTERVIEW
SCHEDULED FOR
FEB 21ST!!!:wizard:

BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYONE!!!!!:tinker:

whew! had my phone interview at 8:30 (it was scheduled for 8:15 but she was 15 minutes late) and i think it went well! or at least i hope it did! the only thing im sad about is that she didnt ask me why i wanted to do my top 3 or any role specific questions geared toward my top 3, and i almost wish i could've answered so that i could convince her that i was a good fit for them. but oh well! at this point just getting in would make me the happiest person in the world :yay:

Applied for my second CP and have my Phone Interview on Valentine's Day! Anxious, nervous, excited!!!

:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

WBI went great, strong candidate :) phone interview is February 22 :D so excited and nervous! Can't wait!

I have a question for all you that may be familiar with the procedure.

I live in southern California(actually an hour away from Disneyland) in my application I put down that I would do WDW and DLR just in case to up my chances, but I ultimately decided I would rather go to WDW because it looks like a much grander experience than DLR and I want to be in this program to help me grow as a person too and I feel I would get that better if I was across the country as opposed to right in the next town. Plus my top choice roles are only in WDW.

Should I say in my phone interview that while I did apply for both I would prefer to go to WDW? Or should I just not worry about it?

Definitely mention it to them. I believe if you want you can have them completely remove DLR from consideration. But if not they know your preference. As a matter of fact, mentioning how choosing WDW over DLR would help you grow as a person probably makes you look/sound better in the interviewer's eyes.

I had my phone interview yesterday morning and I've already checked my dashboard about 10 times. I'm so anxious to get the update that says whether I have been accepted or not and I really hope that it's under the two week mark because I'm not sure if I will survive that!

Question on the application. I applied for a couple of PIs and was going to apply for the college program as a back up. But on the application it asked for the last time you applied to the Walt Disney Company. I am confused since I thought you could apply to both. Or does it not count since you do not take the WBI for the PIs?

I have email the college program about this, but they have not gotten back to me.

Hopefully my wording makes sense.

I just did my Phone interview for the CP. My interviewer was Jenny. She was very nice but also very professional. She did not offer me a lot of feedback on each question other than simple comments like 'Thank you" or "Okay" so that made me feel really nervous. I feel confident in my answers so hopefully me feeling uneasy is just because she didn't offer as much feedback as I hoped!

Again I posted the questions I was asked on my blog, if you wanna follow the link in my signature!

Good luck to everyone!!

yeah when I did my first program interview I thought I did absolutely terrible and was put off because all they said was ok and nothing else. but I got in :D

Ah! Sorry that I'm so full of questions!

I finally got my email about my WBI interview today! But I was unable to get to it until now (It was sent around 11, I checked my email around 3:15). It says that the WBI is in my Invitations on my dashboard, right? But there's nothing there. And I only have 24 hours to respond and now is the only time I have available to complete it.

Should I call them or should I wait a little bit more time? Has this ever happened to anyone before? I tried logging in on both IE and Firefox.

I'm probably being the biggest pain in the rear but all of this has me so anxious!

Ah! Sorry that I'm so full of questions!

I finally got my email about my WBI interview today! But I was unable to get to it until now (It was sent around 11, I checked my email around 3:15). It says that the WBI is in my Invitations on my dashboard, right? But there's nothing there. And I only have 24 hours to respond and now is the only time I have available to complete it.

Should I call them or should I wait a little bit more time? Has this ever happened to anyone before? I tried logging in on both IE and Firefox.

I'm probably being the biggest pain in the rear but all of this has me so anxious!

Scroll to the bottom of the email and there is a link to the WBI from there

cagirl4life said:
Scroll to the bottom of the email and there is a link to the WBI from there

I bet I've read my email 15 times and the only links go to my dash. :( I tried calling, but they aren't available until 8:30 am and I have a quiz at 9:30. Did the WBI take up the entire 40 minutes? I won't get a break long enough to take it until 12:30, and if they sent the email originally at 11, I'm worried!

I appreciate everybody's help! :) This is way more stressful than it was 3 years ago!

I'm incredibly excited! I applied yesterday, and received the ability to do the web interview almost immediately after, and then I was told I was a strong candidate and scheduled a phone interview on the 22nd.

Hi, I'm Rebecca, I'm 18, going to be 19 in March, and I'm in my second semester at Daytona State College. I'm majoring in Creative Writing and minoring in English with a Creative focus.

I'm really jittery and nervous right now because my phone interview is in less than fifteen minutes so please excuse any typos or errors.

:scared:

Hey all! My name's Anna, I go to Kalamazoo Valley Community College, and I applied for the third time in my life this weekend. The first two times I applied I got denied, but I'm really really confident about getting in this time! I've grown a lot since the last time I applied. I'm so excited that I got through the WBI this time! My phone interview is scheduled for Sunday the 24th at 4:45 so I have quite a while to practice interview questions and be unneccesarilly nervous about the whole thing. :D

I'd really like to do attractions, but I'm worried I'd be excluded from consideration in that area because I don't have a driver's license. :/ I'm really up for almost all of the roles, so long as I get to work at Disney, since I've dreamed about working for Disney since wayyyyy before I was even in college. The only roles I really don't think I' be fit for would be Lifeguard, Recreations, (I'm not the strongest of swimmers, and both those are described as needing that) and Transportation (because of the no-license dealie).

Good look to everyone, I hope to see you all this fall! :D

Hollsey said:
I bet I've read my email 15 times and the only links go to my dash. :( I tried calling, but they aren't available until 8:30 am and I have a quiz at 9:30. Did the WBI take up the entire 40 minutes? I won't get a break long enough to take it until 12:30, and if they sent the email originally at 11, I'm worried!

I appreciate everybody's help! :) This is way more stressful than it was 3 years ago!

Ahhh that sounds so distressing! I would get up early and call them ASAP to explain the situation. I wonder why they only gave you 24 hours for it the WBI; I got three days, and that confuses me. Have you possibly taken it in the last 6 months? I think the answers carry over and maybe you don't have to take it? I'm just trying to guess things and be helpful, sorry if that's not at all.

Ahhh that sounds so distressing! I would get up early and call them ASAP to explain the situation. I wonder why they only gave you 24 hours for it the WBI; I got three days, and that confuses me. Have you possibly taken it in the last 6 months? I think the answers carry over and maybe you don't have to take it? I'm just trying to guess things and be helpful, sorry if that's not at all.

Oh! You're fine! I haven't taken the WBI in 3 years since I applied last (And got in, so it did work). I applied for the program right before that, in August 2009 for the Spring 2010 program, and actually failed the WBI which caused for a little bit of an IT headache when I went to apply for the Fall 2010 program. But that was something that was fixed through email and not a timely matter at all. I'm just so confused as to why I would get an email saying I only had 24 hours to take the WBI, and if I didn't take it within that time frame then it would be assumed I wasn't interested anymore, especially since I'm an alumnus. And why would I get an email but no link anywhere to the WBI?

My sisters seem to think I should just email my professor and let him know of the situation. He seems like a really reasonable guy, but I hate trying to pick between school and Disney, especially when it's for the only class I need to graduate.

Have people heard of this happening? Or am I a crazy case?

Just wondering, how much time do you have on the first day to settle in? I live out in Utah so it would be a too far of a drive for my old car so I was just going to fly. I won't be bringing anyone to help me so I'm just a little worried.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter