The Official 2013 Fall/Fall Advantage Thread!!

Just wondering, how much time do you have on the first day to settle in? I live out in Utah so it would be a too far of a drive for my old car so I was just going to fly. I won't be bringing anyone to help me so I'm just a little worried.

There is a lot of time to settle in during your first day. Depending on how many people are in line ahead of you at check-in you'll have time to at the very least drop your luggage off in your room before heading to casting. If you're not on the first bus to casting then you'll have maybe an hour or two to unpack your luggage. After casting you'll likely have a housing meeting at some point in the afternoon so again here is more time, at least another hour or two, to set things up. After the housing meeting the rest of the day is yours to do whatever. It should be plenty of time to make your bed hang clothes in the closet or whatever you need to do. If you can, catch a ride to walmart or target with someone who has a car because after a day like check in day, you really don't want to try to fight all of the new arrivals on the J bus on their way to walmart.

So I did my phone interview on Sunday, and I was just wondering if there is a possibility that I will hear from them before two weeks? I'm very anxious to hear! haha! For all of you people that have done it already, how long did you have to wait until you heard if you got in after the phone interview??

Hello everyone! My name is Christine and I am going to a community college in Salt Lake City, Utah. I am a freshman majoring in elementary education and minoring in sociology.

When I filled out my application I put High interest for almost all of the jobs because I'm willing to do anything they need me to do but my top 3 are hopper, attractions and full service food and beverage.

Was that a bad idea to put high interest for most of the jobs?

Hi Christine! I'm Rexburg, Idaho, so we're kind of neighbors! :) it's not bad to put high interest for most jobs. At least when I had my phone interview, she told me that no matter what rank of interest you put on the roles, you were going to get considered to every one equally (except the ones you put no interest in.). Which I thought was a little weird, considering I freaked myself out as well when I was deciding how high to rank things. Haha!

I wish I had known that! Then I would've put more no interest haha if they give me custodial I'll be pissed. It's a great role but I had it for 9 months I don't want it again haha.

just because you are in that role doesn't mean you can't pick up shifts on the hub. for example I worked housekeeping last time and I picked up holiday parties, screaming fan shifts like all the time.

AnnaChristine said:
So I did my phone interview on Sunday, and I was just wondering if there is a possibility that I will hear from them before two weeks? I'm very anxious to hear! haha! For all of you people that have done it already, how long did you have to wait until you heard if you got in after the phone interview??

Some people on the Facebook page are starting to get notifications. Last night pending went out and today accepted went out as far as I can tell.

Hollsey said:
Oh! You're fine! I haven't taken the WBI in 3 years since I applied last (And got in, so it did work). I applied for the program right before that, in August 2009 for the Spring 2010 program, and actually failed the WBI which caused for a little bit of an IT headache when I went to apply for the Fall 2010 program. But that was something that was fixed through email and not a timely matter at all. I'm just so confused as to why I would get an email saying I only had 24 hours to take the WBI, and if I didn't take it within that time frame then it would be assumed I wasn't interested anymore, especially since I'm an alumnus. And why would I get an email but no link anywhere to the WBI?

My sisters seem to think I should just email my professor and let him know of the situation. He seems like a really reasonable guy, but I hate trying to pick between school and Disney, especially when it's for the only class I need to graduate.

Have people heard of this happening? Or am I a crazy case?

That is weird. Especially the 24 hour thing cause I am pretty sure it is 3 days. I would call and see if you can get an extension because of what happened so you can still go to class and then take the WBI later.

Mine still says in progress. Does that mean pending or does it mean that I just need to relax and wait until I get a real answer?

When I made my appointment the other day I was going to make it for the earliest I could..they had Wed but i'm class all day so was going to make it Thursday but had to check a few things to make sure i'd be home..so went back an hr later..and all was left fri,sat,sun...I knew I wouldt be home Saturday and all was left for friday was early or 10pm haha so went to sunday but kept popping an error when I tried to sumbit a sunday one..so settled with early Friday morning...but soooo excited!! I have so much college stuff this week but all I can think is...my interview is friday lol...can only imagine how it will be when i'm waiting for a descison...

Ahh ok..back to writing a paper due Friday..bleh :P

I just did my phone interview today, but no "Thanks for Interviewing, wait 2-3 weeks, bla bla bla" email yet :(

I have a question and it might sound stupid, but I applied for the spring and failed my WBI. I know I have to wait six months before my results disappear and I can apply again for this season. But my question is, I applied on Sept 6 so does that mean my results will go away on march 6 and I'm good to apply on March 6, or does it take a day or two so I need to wait a few days. I just want to make sure I do it right because this will, more than likely, be my last chance. Thanks in advance and good luck to everyone with your interviews and I hope the waiting goes quickly!

Good news! I called Disney yesterday morning and after being on hold for 10 minutes and waiting a couple of extra hours (there was some sort of technical glitch that they couldn't figure out), I finally got the WBI interview, and I passed! :woohoo:

I have to wait until February 25 at 9:45 am (the soonest I could get it), but at least I got the phone interview! I'm so excited!

And did I read people are already getting notified? Ah! So soon! Good luck to everybody while you wait, and good luck to everybody who is preparing to do their phone interviews! :)

So I had my phone interview on Monday at 9:30pm and I guess it didn't go as well as I thought because by Tuesday at 11pm I had an email telling me that I didn't get in. :confused3

Oh well, I still have 3 more years of college to try again.

Que sera sera. :hippie:

I have a question and it might sound stupid, but I applied for the spring and failed my WBI. I know I have to wait six months before my results disappear and I can apply again for this season. But my question is, I applied on Sept 6 so does that mean my results will go away on march 6 and I'm good to apply on March 6, or does it take a day or two so I need to wait a few days. I just want to make sure I do it right because this will, more than likely, be my last chance. Thanks in advance and good luck to everyone with your interviews and I hope the waiting goes quickly!

I believe you should be good on March 6th. I might wait until the 7th though just to be on the safe side! Good Luck!

The only two notifications that people have been getting on Tumblr and Facebook are NLIC and Pending, as far as I can tell.

Butttt, I had my phone interview on Monday at 5, and haven't been pended or NLIC'd yet, so I'm already doing better than last time! (I applied for Spring, was Pended less than 24 hours after my phone interview, and was NLIC'd about nine or ten weeks later, pretty close to the December 19th date they'd told us.) So, needless to say, I'm a little more optimistic this time! :cool1::cheer2::yay:

Wishes Count said:
I believe you should be good on March 6th. I might wait until the 7th though just to be on the safe side! Good Luck!

Thank you! That's kind of what I was thinking, I just wanted to make sure. Good luck to you too!

Just got off the phone with the interviewer!!! Gosh I am freaking out so much right now you would not believe!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!! She said 2-3 weeks. 2-3 WEEKS?! I'm gonna lose it everybody. I'm gonna go insane! And you guys have seen notifications already? GAH! *runs to youtube for DL fix* I'm never going to get through this.

BookLover23 said:
Just got off the phone with the interviewer!!! Gosh I am freaking out so much right now you would not believe!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!! She said 2-3 weeks. 2-3 WEEKS?! I'm gonna lose it everybody. I'm gonna go insane! And you guys have seen notifications already? GAH! *runs to youtube for DL fix* I'm never going to get through this.

you can do it! i believe in you! i mean, i have to wait almost two weeks just to do my phone interview, so i'm kinda jealous you already got yours out of the way. I guess that's what i get for waiting a day to finish my app and then another day to take the wbi and then having to wait a day to schedule the phone interview and so on and so on, lol. :p

well, I had already passed the wbi last august but couldn't do the phone interview cause family issues came up this past end of the year so I had a bit more help on my side. I still can't believe that people got interviews last week! I do feel for you though. And I should just be glad the phone interview is over with. I hate talking on phones. In person is so much easier for me, no idea why.

BookLover23 said:
well, I had already passed the wbi last august but couldn't do the phone interview cause family issues came up this past end of the year so I had a bit more help on my side. I still can't believe that people got interviews last week! I do feel for you though. And I should just be glad the phone interview is over with. I hate talking on phones. In person is so much easier for me, no idea why.

ahhhhhh i see! last semester i was REALLY busy with just lots of life and school stuff, too, so busy, in fact, i didn't even find the time to apply. I am really bad at talking on the phone, too, though I'd rather do the interview that way so the interviewer can't see anything weird i do during, haha. not that i intend to do anything weird, but stuff happens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter