The Official 2010 MNSSHP- Tips,Tricks and a few Treats !

What are these like – are they collectible-type like the pins or rubberized or more like the ones you get when you end up in the hospital? If they’re collectible or good for scrapbooking, do they come in different colors/patterns like the season tickets do? Is this a silly question? Love Halloween and just wondering if this is an added bonus for my mouse collection.

They look like they're the same as they were two years ago, in which case they're just a tough plastic. The colors rotate by party night, so as an example, Monday would be yellow, Wednesday would be green, Friday would be blue, etc. They change the colors to prevent people using old wristbands to stay after 7.

I went to the first party (9/14). It was my first trip ever, so of course it was my first party ever, too. It was our belated honeymoon, and I dressed up as Snow White, my DH dressed up as Snow Prince :) I was afraid it would be too hot, especially because my DH was going to wear the cape (I didn't wear my cape), but the night was surprisingly nice, dry, and breezy. Our (or rather, my :rotfl:) goal for the night was to "hunt" all the Snow White characters at the party, plus Mickey and Minnie. The rest would be a bonus.

We arrived at MK at around 5:30. The line to get in was extremely short (aka. non-existent). We did some photopass in front of the castle, then head to Fantasyland, did Snow White ride, carousel, and Mickey's Philharmagic. At around 6:20, we tried to find Cinderella's carriage, but it wasn't out yet, so we just head to the 7 dwarfs place. The line was already forming, so we went in line at around 6:25. The carriage came out from the door next to the 7 dwarfs location shortly after we went in line. We had a nice chat with a DISer in front of us and a lady behind us (I don't know if she is a DISer). They were both very knowledgeable about the characters, and it was really fun to chat with them.

Dwarfs had a "Bashful" problem, so they didn't come out until around 7:15. We were about 10th in line, and the line moved quickly because the dwarfs don't sign. We had a great interaction with them: they all got excited to see Snow White and her prince ;) We then head to hunt the Hag with the lady who was behind us, but she wasn't out, and a CM told us she doesn't know when the Hag will be out, nor does she know if the Hag will be roaming. So we decided to head to the carriage to take some pictures, and said bye to the lady. Shortly after we joined the line to the carriage, the lady came back to us and told us that the hag was out. It was sooo nice of her :lovestruc We saw the hag immediately after that (at around 7:30), and she even signed:woohoo:!! Of course, she offered an apple to me, but as soon as she saw my prince, she started running away! My DH had a wonderful time chasing the hag.

We then head to Toontown to see the princes and princesses. The line was again short, and we got to see Cinderella and Prince Charming, Snow White and Snow Prince, Princess Aurora and Prince Phillip, all in the same room :) It was so much fun to meet Snow White and her Prince. We did the same pose for the photopass picture, which turned out to be really funny. After that, we went to see Mickey and Minnie. Their costume was really cute. I think we got done with Mickey and Minnie at around 8:20. After that, we went to Donald's boat to see Donald and Daisy, but they just started changing locations, so we had to move to the entrance of the Toontown, and wait for them to come back. Unfortunately, only Donald came out, but we were going to go to Tusker House later in the trip anyway, so we felt OK with it.

After that, we had a short snack break and stopped by at the Mrs. Pot's place. This turned out to be a great idea. First, on our way there, we encountered the Tramaines as they go back stage, and they all saw me. Mrs. Tremaine said "I have a nice apple pie prepared for you," which was funny. The sisters just ran away from me :p Then, as we went to Mrs. Pot's and I was staring at the menu since it was too dim to read from afar, the Hag snuck up on me and offered an apple from behind. She completely got me, and I literary screamed and jumped :lmao: My prince chased her away, but it was soooo funny. It seemed like it was on her way back stage, so she disappeared somewhere after that.

Anyway, we got our snacks and found a spot in front of the castle for the fireworks. But the villains were out from the previous show, so we got in line for the Snow Queen. Her line was long, but we managed to see her, and we saw everyone we wanted to see in this party. She was really in character, and treated me nice and coldly :rolleyes1 Hollowishes was great!

After the fireworks, we went to do the HM photos (no line) and then came back to the same spot to see the villains show while being in line for Malleficient. Her line was already long when we joined right before the show. We managed to see her and Dr. Facillier (also a long line) before they went back. He was the last character we met. The headless horseman came right when we were done with Dr. Facillier. I don't remember the exact time, but the CMs were calling "2 more minutes" before the villains leave when we met Facillier. If you're planning of doing Villains show right before the parade and don't want to miss the headless horseman, be careful, he may come out before the villains leave.

We then found a spot to see the parade (It was very easy to find a spot). It was very good, and not so scary :) I especially liked the tomb keepers with shovels. After the parade, we went to take the carriage picture, and did trick or treating at Alice trail. We saw Alice, but we didn't get in line to see her. This was the only t or t we did, and we weren't so keen on trick or treating for some reason :rolleyes1

We did Peter Pan ride and HM ride before we left at around 11:45. My DH's feet were hurting, and we saw everyone we wanted, so we just decided to leave a bit before the park closes. But as we head to Peter Pan ride, what a surprise, we saw the Hag again! It seems like she was roaming, and even though we were quite far apart (she was on the other side of the street), she spotted me, and tried to offer me an apple from the other side of the street. At the beginning of the party, I was afraid I can't find the Hag at all, because she's a roaming character, but we ended up seeing her three times. Anyway, it was really, really a great party, and I can't be happier that we did it. Thank you for reading my loooong report!

HI dis314, I'm the lady and as you can see I'm a diser too! I'm happy to hear the rest of your evening was fun. It was great talking to you.

Opinions please. We want to see the 7:45 Mix and Mingle, Stay in front of the castle for the4 8:15 parade and then stay for the 9:30 fireworks. What time do wwe need to be by the castle to secure a good spot for the parade? Should we head over there at 7:00? Or earlier? After that we want to see as many characters as we can and go to the dance parties.

They look like they're the same as they were two years ago, in which case they're just a tough plastic. The colors rotate by party night, so as an example, Monday would be yellow, Wednesday would be green, Friday would be blue, etc. They change the colors to prevent people using old wristbands to stay after 7.

Okay, thanks. Sounds pretty generic, then. We're thinking about going soon so I guess options don't matter. Thanks!

i see itis in toon town again but what are the waits like? is the barnstormer open durring the party?

During the first party on 9/14 the face painting lines were long at the start but got more manageable after 9:30-10pm. The face painters work very very fast. We got into a line of about 15-20 people and the entire wait was probably 10-15 minutes.

Yes, Goofy's Barnstormer was open during the party.

Opinions please. We want to see the 7:45 Mix and Mingle, Stay in front of the castle for the4 8:15 parade and then stay for the 9:30 fireworks. What time do wwe need to be by the castle to secure a good spot for the parade? Should we head over there at 7:00? Or earlier? After that we want to see as many characters as we can and go to the dance parties.

this plan was what we did last year. and we were in front of the castle for the Mix & Mingle around 7:30. we wanted to be close to the front for that. once that was over, we turned to get our spot for the parade. we were in the second row back (which really wasn't a bad spot at all).

Okay, thanks. Sounds pretty generic, then. We're thinking about going soon so I guess options don't matter. Thanks!

Well, if it helps, they do have the event logo on them. I don't remember if it had the year on it, though. Probably just the logo. :flower3:

The closer we get to the party the more I think DH is going to hate me. :laughing: He likes the party for the shorter ride lines and the decorations/general atmosphere. I like it for the characters, parade, fireworks, etc. So he's going to be stuck waiting a lot with me while I try to get good spots for everything and pictures with at least a few characters. I really wish I could talk him into doing two parties, but I have a feeling that's out of the question, especially since we have dinner reservations every night.

Mix and Mingle questions...
Is the first show, 7:45 any less crowded?
How early do we need to get in line?
If you are in line for your villian (Maleficent), can you see the show well?
Is it about 30 min for the show and one character?
Thanks!

Went to the 18th party and had an amazing time! It was our first party! =) Saw a lot and did a lot! Fantastic.

Does the headless horseman ride before both parades? I seem to recall a couple of years ago that he didn't do the second one, but I don't know if that's because the weather was threatening or if he just does the first one. Thanks!

Also can anyone tell me where he starts? Is it Main Street or Frontierland?

Also one more question for the experts. Since this is our 1st time I'm not sure what's ok & what would be considered tacky. DS wants to bring his own trick or treating bag. It would be for both of us. It's a tote I purchased at Disney 2 yrs. ago. I'm just not sure if I'd get strange looks because it might be too big. Here's the pic.

IMG_1079.jpg

Would this be ok? Thanks.

Also one more question for the experts. Since this is our 1st time I'm not sure what's ok & what would be considered tacky. DS wants to bring his own trick or treating bag. It would be for both of us. It's a tote I purchased at Disney 2 yrs. ago. I'm just not sure if I'd get strange looks because it might be too big. Here's the pic.

IMG_1079.jpg

The Headless Horseman starts in Frontierland.

Do the Villains mingle after each performance? I was thinking of attending the 7:45pm, but wasn't sure if they would do a meet & greet so close to parade time? Forgive me if the question has been asked & anwered.

IMG_1079.jpg

:lmao: I'm bringing that same bag! Right now it has all my trip paperwork in it.

Don't you love this bag! Right now it's hanging on the door to DS's room. Every time I see it it reminds me how close it's getting! :yay::yay::yay: Hope you have a great time.

Mine's sitting on the floor next to my laptop bag at the moment, but yeah, I do love it :) If it didn't have all my trip paperwork in it, I'd be using it to carry things to work :lmao:

IMG_1079.jpg

We always bring our own Pooh and Tigger pumpkins and get tons of comments and questions of where we got them. We've had them for years and bring them back every time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter