The Official 2010 MNSSHP- Tips,Tricks and a few Treats !

Pretty sure I know the answer to this but is it true you need to attend MNSSHP to see Hallowishes? On the fence about the party but if thats the only way to see Hallowishes I might have to suck it up and buy a ticket.

Unless you watch it from a resort location, yes. They don't show Hallowishes outside the parties.

Pretty sure I know the answer to this but is it true you need to attend MNSSHP to see Hallowishes? On the fence about the party but if thats the only way to see Hallowishes I might have to suck it up and buy a ticket.

If you only want to go to see the fireworks, I suggest viewing the fireworks from a resort. My favorite resort to view hallowishes from is the beaches of fort wilderness. They pipe in the music and you can see the whole show. Many people have their favorite resorts to view fireworks but this is one only because they have good speakers by the boat dock. The music is what makes the fireworks special!

I went to the party last night!!

Updated MNSSHP CHARACTER LIST (same characters, some location changes)

Also, here is my 2010 MNSSHP CHARACTER REPORT

I just got done looking at all your photos -- How Awesome -- You met so many ! I have went through all my pics and crossed off any that we already have pics of from previous visits because DH tires very easy of the standing to take a photo with a character deal. And I know that I have to keep my expectations low otherwise we will all be disappointed :laughing:

I will once again be updating the first post to reflect all the up to the minute info --- Thanks again for all the time and info you have provided to all of us. :wizard:

I go twice but only because I can't see all the characters in one night and I can dress up one night and not the other. I consider the first night a "working" night. That's when I get all the character pictures I can for my blog. The next time I go i wear a costume and enjoy the other events like the parade and fireworks.

Let me just say your pics of the characters in their costumes had me salavating !! I so can NOT wait to go to the party. I may have to ditch DH at Space Mountain so I can enjoy everything ! Thanks for sharing your great info and photos :)

Does anyone ever attend more than one party while in WDW? The night of the party will be our only time at MK. We know that we want to ride many of the rides, see the parade, fireworks, dwarves, pooh, mickey, and donald. There is no way to get all of this done in one night. Would we be crazy to spend the money to go twice?

Never been to one before (nor been to Disney in October) but this trip starting Oct 9th, we are going to 2...

We aren't spending lots of time in MK and we are staying offsite so we are using the parties as our EMH. The price of the party for two adults is cheaper then one night in a disney resort to get the EMH.... and we get 5 hours extra not 3

We love the popcorn buckets. Thanks for letting us know they were available. My kids like to put crayons, markers and play doh stamps in the buckets.

Will someone who "Goes just for the rides" - please let me know how the lines are ? I know DH will want to ride Space Mountain and Big Thunder - Are we talking - get off and right back on lines ? Or ten to twenty minute wait lines ? I would love for him to get on and off these rides as quickly as possible so that the rest of us can enjoy the party :lmao:

Alert - Excited Rambling to Follow ;)

When we first began our planning of an October trip, I really had no plans to do MNSSHP. But then of course as time went on I decided it was something we must do in case we don't go back in October next year. Now I am trying to talk myself in or out of ( not sure which) doing a second party. We will be at WDW for 12 days and doing MK for 4 of those days. I keep thinking it would be nice to do 2 parties, DH says let's wait and see if we think it is fun and neccesary (meaning let's see how many times he gets to ride Space Mountain lol )
My family is going as The Alice in Wonderland characters. My DD (7) will be Alice, My DH will be the Mad Hatter, still working on my DS's costume of the white rabbit, and my costume of the red queen should arrive tomorrow ! I can not wait until Oct 12th !!

We are going 9/21 and I am still trying to come up with a touring plan. We are in Disney now having a blast and I can't wait for the party!

Here is my list of what I want to do...any help on how to accomplish it with a timeline would be SO appreciated!

7 Dwarfs
Cinderella Carriage
Parade
Hallowishes (I really want a good spot bc I will be taking my tripod so that time needs to be "built" in)
Hitchiking Ghost Magic Shot
Haunted Mansion Picture
Mickey/Minnie (preferrably in Pirate Costume)
Timon
Abu
Hag
Villians from Mix & Mingle if there is extra time

We are not worried about rides, dance parties or candy either.

Also, any suggestions for the best viewing spots for the parade then fireworks or vice versa bc I need to be able to set up my tripod ahead of time.

Thanks for your help!

We just got back this morning from our weekend trip. We went to the party on the 18th. It was a great time! We did a lot but missed a few things we wanted to do but that's ok it gives us more reason to go do it again! We dressed up as the characters from The Wizard of Oz. There were 7 of us so we had Dorothy, Glenda, The Wicked Witch, Lion, Scarecrow, Tin Man and I was Auntie Em. It was so much fun and we got stopped so many times for everyone to see us all together. My husband was the Tin Man and got stopped by several little Dorothy's who loved his costume. I think my favorite characters were the Stepsisters and Lady Tremaine. They sung for us which was a hoot and were just hilarious. Then one of them ran off to try and pull the sword out of the stone it was so funny. They were not roaming they were stationed near the Sword in the Stone. The lines were ok I overheard a cast member saying Saturday's party broke a record. It did seem a lot more crowded than I was expecting. Hallowishes was awesome! The parade was great my husband loved the grave diggers and the headless horseman was absolutely awesome! The shortest line we found was the Adventure Land meet and greets we hopped in at about 11:40 and there was no one there. I never saw the Hag but we were hopping around from place to place so we were not in any area long.

We did not get in line for the 7 Dwarfs. I really wanted to before hand but then decided it would take too long so we only stopped for characters with shorter lines. The line for Cinderella's carriage was never very long we only waited about 10 minutes.

The rides all had short lines which was great. We walked right on to Splash Mountain and if my feet were not killing me we would have kept going on it, as it is the kids favorite.

Anyway was super fun, I might right a little trip report and post some pictures later today. If you have any questions I will try and answer them although I am no expert.

Will someone who "Goes just for the rides" - please let me know how the lines are ?
I only went last year, so I can't say what Space Mountain's line will be like, but my guess is a moderate 8-10 minute wait. Splash Mountain, you can ride over and over as many times without getting off. BTMRR, you might have to get off, but it's a walk on. Peter Pan and Haunted Mansion should be the only rides besides Space with moderate lines. HM can get up to 20 minutes at times, longer than during the day.

can anyone that has been this year tell me where the face painting was. Best strategy and expected waitime for it? We did pirate league last year so we skipped face paintint put this year my kids are beeing willy (the orca free willy) and Perry the platypus so I thought they might be able to do some face painting seeing as I am really bad at it.

we leave Tuesday and I started there costumes last night:scared1: I got perry sewed and done but Will is becoming a bit of a challenge.....I tried to talk her out of it but she wasnot having it.

Will someone who "Goes just for the rides" - please let me know how the lines are ? I know DH will want to ride Space Mountain and Big Thunder - Are we talking - get off and right back on lines ? Or ten to twenty minute wait lines ? I would love for him to get on and off these rides as quickly as possible so that the rest of us can enjoy the party :lmao:

Alert - Excited Rambling to Follow ;)

When we first began our planning of an October trip, I really had no plans to do MNSSHP. But then of course as time went on I decided it was something we must do in case we don't go back in October next year. Now I am trying to talk myself in or out of ( not sure which) doing a second party. We will be at WDW for 12 days and doing MK for 4 of those days. I keep thinking it would be nice to do 2 parties, DH says let's wait and see if we think it is fun and neccesary (meaning let's see how many times he gets to ride Space Mountain lol )
My family is going as The Alice in Wonderland characters. My DD (7) will be Alice, My DH will be the Mad Hatter, still working on my DS's costume of the white rabbit, and my costume of the red queen should arrive tomorrow ! I can not wait until Oct 12th !!

lines were fine, really short later in the night. early in the night line for haunted mansion was long, BTMRR was about 10 min, but after hallowishes a lot of the families with little kids left and things thinned out a lot!

can anyone that has been this year tell me where the face painting was. Best strategy and expected waitime for it? We did pirate league last year so we skipped face paintint put this year my kids are beeing willy (the orca free willy) and Perry the platypus so I thought they might be able to do some face painting seeing as I am really bad at it.

we leave Tuesday and I started there costumes last night:scared1: I got perry sewed and done but Will is becoming a bit of a challenge.....I tried to talk her out of it but she wasnot having it.

face painting was still in toontown on the right when you are heading in. It DID close early, we passed it about 11:30-11:45 and it was closed

photopass pictures from the party will be on your preordered cd. If you have more than one card on your stay you just enter all of them (including halloween partypics) when you get home and they will all be on the cd. You do not have to purchase the pics at the party.

thank you!!!!

Sorry if this has already been asked/answered, but which characters are appearing at each of the character dance parties?

Thanks!

Does the headless horseman ride before both parades? I seem to recall a couple of years ago that he didn't do the second one, but I don't know if that's because the weather was threatening or if he just does the first one. Thanks!

Does the headless horseman ride before both parades? I seem to recall a couple of years ago that he didn't do the second one, but I don't know if that's because the weather was threatening or if he just does the first one. Thanks!

Yes, we have seen him at the late parade in previous years.

Thanks for the link! I thought I had read everything on Berlioz's page, but I missed this.

A couple more quick questions about meeting characters after the Villains Mix and Mingle: If you're wanting to meet a specific character after the show, should you be positioned as close to the front of the left/right side of the stage as possible in order to be in the front of the line? For example, Berlioz mentioned that Maleficent was on the left side of the stage (from the perspective of the crowd)...does this mean that if you want to meet her, you should be as close to the left-front of the stage as possible? I'm presuming that you need to arrive early to the Mix and Mingle shows if you want to secure a good spot to get in line quickly after the show?

All of this can be a little confusing...:)))

Thanks!

on the link with the character list, it says Diamond Horseshoe (dance party) for the Toy Story characters, does this mean that is the only time they will be out? so no line--how do you get your picture with them if they're dancing?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter