The Official 2010 MNSSHP- Tips,Tricks and a few Treats !

We went last night (the 21st) and had a blast! A few notes...

-I'm not sure what everyone is talking about with Space Mountain - it was on the map I received when we arrived and was running all night.. usually with a 5-10 minute wait.

-Lots of characters! We waited less than 15 minutes for the Princesses with their Princes, and less than that for everyone else.

-Yes there IS free face painting in Toontown.. I know this because it had a line around the block with a FREE FACEPAINTING sign out in front of the booth.

Can't wait; we'll be going to our first party on the Oct. 17. I would like to have a balance of seeing characters, riding rides, trick or treating and of course seeing the parade and fireworks. We're traveling with a 12 year old boy and it's his first time to Disney. Do you have any suggestions of a schedule to follow for the night. The only must is a pic with the 7 dwarfs. So we're planning on being in line by 6:30. pirate:

Lots of characters! We waited less than 15 minutes for the Princesses with their Princes, and less than that for everyone else.

What time did you go by to see them?? I'll be there (solo!) next Thurs., 9/30.

I'm not sure how I'm going to attack my character stalking plan... My must sees are 7 Dwarves, Hag, Princes/Princesses and although not a character, Cinderella's Carriage.

Went to the party last night for first time! Loved it.

Re the popcorn buckets. The headless horseman ones might be available all the time. The souvenir one is a ghost Mickey. Lots of signs saying he was souvenir. $7.75 with popcorn. I'll post a pic when I'm back home if one hasn't been

Sorry if this was already mentioned. I missed it if so!

-I'm not sure what everyone is talking about with Space Mountain - it was on the map I received when we arrived and was running all night.. usually with a 5-10 minute wait.

There's discussion about Space Mountain because last week's parties (definitely 9/14) did not list it on the map. The scanned map posted by wdwinfo shows that too. (http://www.wdwinfo.com/holidays/photos/mnsshp-map2.htm). When I first picked up the map for 9/14 it seemed SM would be closed. But it definitely was open despite what the map said.

Sounds like they may have already reprinted the corrected map with Space Mountain listed. Oopsie!

What time did you go by to see them?? I'll be there (solo!) next Thurs., 9/30.

I'm not sure how I'm going to attack my character stalking plan... My must sees are 7 Dwarves, Hag, Princes/Princesses and although not a character, Cinderella's Carriage.

Hag was awesome. We just wandered by and she had no line. My DD7 had a Snow White pen, so she made a big deal about that!

Went to the party last night for first time! Loved it.

Re the popcorn buckets. The headless horseman ones might be available all the time. The souvenir one is a ghost Mickey. Lots of signs saying he was souvenir. $7.75 with popcorn. I'll post a pic when I'm back home if one hasn't been

Sorry if this was already mentioned. I missed it if so!

Fantastic! I've been looking all over the dining boards to find a picture! Thank you! :cool1:

Maybe I'm missing something, but I can't seem to find specific information on the dance parties. Where is the Toy Story dance party? Does it go on all night, or by a certain schedule? I've tried reading everything I can find, but I'm a bit overwhelmed.

I had a question for all of you Halloween pros :) We're going to MNSSHP Halloween night getting there at 4pm. My boys are 3 and 5, so we will be hitting the first parade in case they pass out in the stroller later in the night. What time should I go stake out a spot for parade viewing? And where would be a good spot to watch? I was thinking Main St would be too crowded...

And where is a good place to view Hallowishes? When should we find a spot for that?

I'm not a pro but I have heard that on the 31st you would need to stake out a viewing spot for the first parade an hour before start time - or maybe even 90 minutes. I would suggest Frontierland through Liberty Square as an alternative to Main Street.

We will be there on Halloween too! Can't wait for the party...:yay:

We went to see the princesses with a 15 min wait as soon as we finished dinner.. maybe around 7:30 or so?

We also waited less than 10 or 15 minutes to get all 7 dwarfs.. we happened to walk over and check after the last villians show at 11:15, figuring they'd be gone, but they were just lining up for the last set and we got in line about 5 minutes before they closed it! Turned out perfectly! After that, we went to get a pic with the carriage and that was not even 5 minutes. I thought it was funny we did that just before midnight.. half expected it to turn back into a pumpkin :rotfl:

TEEDEE --- I recieved my map --- Thank You So Much !! This was great to get in the mail. I really appreciate you taking the time to spread magic :wizard:

I'm wondering if there's anyone who attended the Sept 18 party that could help me with a quick question?

We're going to our first ever MNSSHP this Saturday, Sept 25. We're two adults who's primary focus is the parade and HalloWishes (plus the HM enhanced photos and Cinderella's carriage).

I was wondering how early we should find a spot for the parade and HalloWishes? The forecast is sketchy, so I want to try for both parades (not risk waiting for the second and have weather be an issue).

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

I am just wondering how late the 7 dwarfs are out, and if its better to wait until later in the night to see them or try to get in line for the first set (like at 6:30 or earlier). I don't want to spend a ton of time in line, but it seems that they are very popular. We are going on Oct 1st....yay!

I'm not sure if this is a MNSSHP question but I read that during the party all the princesses are in the room and you wait in one line and you get to meet all of them. My question is during a regular day at the magic kingdom, is it the same way for the princesses or are there different times for the different princesses. If we could see them prior to the party that would save us time, We know that the princes are with them during the party but we are really after the princesses. If anyone has any information on this topic we would really appreciate it, Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter