The Official 2010 MNSSHP- Tips,Tricks and a few Treats !

Ugh...we already bought our tix for Oct 3rd...I might have picked a different night if I would have known about that :(

Hopefully the Halloween Fun Run won't really impact the crowd level at the party since there is a cap put on the number of people attending each party event.

Ok, I realize that I'm butting in here but we're in SE Aurora/Centennial area. So cool to see other folks from Colorado! :wizard:

Butt away :lmao: I am so excited to see that there are so many Colorado people here also -- I am not the only crazy person in the state :goodvibes

I actually keeping thinking I need to make a trip to the Aurora mall because that is the only mall lucky enough to have a Disney Store now. But since I keep spending between the two parks, my DH keeps telling me I am not missing anything ;)

Wow, what a great thread! We'll be at the Sept 14 party. IT's our first time at the Halloween party. I'll have my laptop with me and should be able to post pictures the next day, but won't have a scanner for the maps, I should be able to take photos of it, if that would help.

Terri

Thank You Terri for the kind words about the thread. It sure has grown - and it has kept me busy planning ! I am so excited and glad to see so many others are too. It would be awesome if you can post any pictures, and if you want to take a picture of the map and post it that would be great too. A couple people have offered to e-mail it or post it. Either way what ever is easier for the person willing to give us the goods ;) Have a blast at the party !

I am glad I found out about this. Maybe Friday, Oct 1st is our best choice out of the three nights we can go. :confused:

i wouldn't worry:wizard:still think the weekend would be more crowded & def busier weekend of columbus day.

we've gone up until 3rd week of Oct before, just make sure to prioritize how you want to enjoy the party (some all about staking out spot for parades, others charactar meet/greet & some just want to trick or treat) & everything will fall into place

hard to believe but there are people who only visit the WDW parks during the parties as it's cheaper than a 1 day ticket, not as good of a deal as it used to be though.;)

i wouldn't worry:wizard:still think the weekend would be more crowded & def busier weekend of columbus day.

we've gone up until 3rd week of Oct before, just make sure to prioritize how you want to enjoy the party (some all about staking out spot for parades, others charactar meet/greet & some just want to trick or treat) & everything will fall into place

hard to believe but there are people who only visit the WDW parks during the parties as it's cheaper than a 1 day ticket, not as good of a deal as it used to be though.;)

Haha...we are one of those people this trip...but this is a last minute thing...we got a free stay at the Marriott and tickets to Seaworld so I decided I HAVE to check out the Halloween party. I LOVE Disney. Go as much as I can! Can't wait for our week trip in December!!!!

Haha...we are one of those people this trip...but this is a last minute thing...we got a free stay at the Marriott and tickets to Seaworld so I decided I HAVE to check out the Halloween party. I LOVE Disney. Go as much as I can! Can't wait for our week trip in December!!!!
:laughing::thumbsup2the mr & i snuck down end of july for 3 days too

Ugh...we already bought our tix for Oct 3rd...I might have picked a different night if I would have known about that :(
Same here. But I imagine it can't be any worse than it is on Halloween night, and that was the first time I went (in 2008). Nope, don't try to tell me otherwise, I need to hold onto my optimism! :laughing:

I've been planning on going as a pirate, and my DH who really loosens up at Disney has agreed to wear one of the Jack Sparrow hats with the bits of hair and such. So I told him I was going to make him a plain shirt that says "Pirate" on it for his "costume".

DH and I just decided last night to add MNSSHP to our trip. We did it 3 yrs ago on Halloween and it was crazy busy. This year, we are going to do Oct 1st. Its a Friday so it may be busier, but its the only night that we don't have dinner ADRs...and its our last night so I think it will be a fun way to end our trip. I think we will surprise DD (4) and DS (7) with it that day.

Anyone know if Oct 1st is super-popular? I want to use my DDRDs to buy tickets but don't have the card yet. I don't want the tix to sell out. Do you think that we will still be ok in 10 days or so?

Very excited about going again and enjoying this thread full of good tips!

OCT 26 (Tues),
28 (Thurs),
29 (Fri),
31 (Sun) or
Nov 1 (Mon)

Will all dates sell out? Which is best date? We were thinking of Nov. 1 and buying tickets when we get to DW, but before Nov 1 so we still get the discount. Is it a bad idea to wait until we get to DW?

We are almost set for our costumes. My 3 y/o son will go as either Batman or Superman with a simple T-Shirt that looks like their chest with utilitie belt. I picked up a Spiderman shirt at Target for $5. It looks like like the top to a Spiderman suit. And since Disney owns Marvel now, it really is a Disney costume. Now my wife just needs to decide on what superhero to be. Of course she will be 6 months pregnant when we are there so that limits her choices.

We are almost set for our costumes. My 3 y/o son will go as either Batman or Superman with a simple T-Shirt that looks like their chest with utilitie belt. I picked up a Spiderman shirt at Target for $5. It looks like like the top to a Spiderman suit. And since Disney owns Marvel now, it really is a Disney costume. Now my wife just needs to decide on what superhero to be. Of course she will be 6 months pregnant when we are there so that limits her choices.
You guys Star Wars fans by chance??

I just finished our costumes for the party on the 28th!! :banana: The Flynn-Fletchers are in the house!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter