The Official 2010 MNSSHP- Tips,Tricks and a few Treats !

I am in Littleton ;)

I am in Castle Rock. On our website we have several Colorado members as well. Another in Castle Rock, one in Lakewood and one in Broomfield.

People can't tell me we inland folks don't ever get to the Disney parks, that's for sure! :)

Since the 4 Pm entry seems to be confirmed, can anyone help me with meeting characters. i REALLY wanna make sure I get a pic with Mickey at the party...how early do people line up to meet him? Does he come right out at 7, but do people line up earlier than that? When should I get in line?

I am in Castle Rock. On our website we have several Colorado members as well. Another in Castle Rock, one in Lakewood and one in Broomfield.

People can't tell me we inland folks don't ever get to the Disney parks, that's for sure! :)

Ok, I realize that I'm butting in here but we're in SE Aurora/Centennial area. So cool to see other folks from Colorado! :wizard:

When did you get that response? I mailed last week and got a generic reply of the events that occur during the party and not a time to enter!

about 2 seconds before i posted:laughing:

Thanks for this information. I guess I never got the storyline then.

im a MH geetk;)the HM backstory tends to morph, different takes over the years. If you do a search you'll be surprised as to all the different stories, etc. and there is a fascinating coffeetable type book by jason surrell (sp) re it and other disney related attractions, etc.

u got me curious as to the black-widow-bride's name in the attic, I googled it:laughing: it's Constance

one interesting take on HM:

Master Gracey had been married 6 times previously, but all of his wives had died. One day, a new girl moved into the town of Liberty. Her name was Emily. She was the most beautiful girl that any had laid eyes upon. She was also full of spirit and energy, and it was this playfull nature that attracted Master Gracey to her. They began courting, and after a few months, were set to be married.

On her wedding day, in keeping with her playful nature, Emily decided to play a trick on her beloved. She snuck up to the attic minutes before the ceremony and decided to hide. Unfortunately, the trunk locked, and nobody heard her cries for help. She suffocated, and then died. After an exhausting search, when Emily did not show to the wedding, Master Gracey found a bit of fabric sticking out of an old trunk in the attack. It was a piece of Emily's wedding gown. She lay in the trunk, lifeless from lack of air. Master Gracey was grief stricken as he made plans for the funeral. He hired a horse drawn carridge to take the Emily's body to the cemetary, but on the way...something spooked the horse and the horses pulled the carridge off into the night.

The next morning after a thick fog rose from around the mansion...the carridge was revealed standing alone outside. The driver, horses, and most importantly, Emily's body were no where to be found...all that was left of Master Gracey's beloved bride was her wedding ring which had fallen off her hand...but it had been stomped into the pavement by the hooves of the stampedeing horses. He clawed at it for hours, but to no avail...it was there forever...as a perminant reminder of his lost love.

This was the last straw for Master Gracey. He was so grief stricken, he went back to the mansion, and hung himself.

about 2 seconds before i posted:laughing:

im a MH geetk;)the HM backstory tends to morph, different takes over the years. If you do a search you'll be surprised as to all the different stories, etc. and there is a fascinating coffeetable type book by jason surrell (sp) re it and other disney related attractions, etc.

u got me curious as to the black-widow-bride's name in the attic, I googled it:laughing: it's Constance

one interesting take on HM:

Master Gracey had been married 6 times previously, but all of his wives had died. One day, a new girl moved into the town of Liberty. Her name was Emily. She was the most beautiful girl that any had laid eyes upon. She was also full of spirit and energy, and it was this playfull nature that attracted Master Gracey to her. They began courting, and after a few months, were set to be married.

On her wedding day, in keeping with her playful nature, Emily decided to play a trick on her beloved. She snuck up to the attic minutes before the ceremony and decided to hide. Unfortunately, the trunk locked, and nobody heard her cries for help. She suffocated, and then died. After an exhausting search, when Emily did not show to the wedding, Master Gracey found a bit of fabric sticking out of an old trunk in the attack. It was a piece of Emily's wedding gown. She lay in the trunk, lifeless from lack of air. Master Gracey was grief stricken as he made plans for the funeral. He hired a horse drawn carridge to take the Emily's body to the cemetary, but on the way...something spooked the horse and the horses pulled the carridge off into the night.

The next morning after a thick fog rose from around the mansion...the carridge was revealed standing alone outside. The driver, horses, and most importantly, Emily's body were no where to be found...all that was left of Master Gracey's beloved bride was her wedding ring which had fallen off her hand...but it had been stomped into the pavement by the hooves of the stampedeing horses. He clawed at it for hours, but to no avail...it was there forever...as a perminant reminder of his lost love.

This was the last straw for Master Gracey. He was so grief stricken, he went back to the mansion, and hung himself.

Wow, I never knew that the haunted mansion had such an interesting and varied history. I'm still a Disney newbie (I went to Disneyland for the first time in 2008) and I've just begun learning and about the history and backbones of the rides and what was envisioned by the imagineers. Also, french being my first language I sometimes have trouble understanding all that's being said on a ride.

Thanks a lot for this info, I'll look for that book. I'll just have to rack my brain for new ideas for Halloween costumes then.

i may break out the minnie costume (that i snagged on disneyshopping for a steal during summer one year) if it's not projected to be too hot. I left it at home last time & glad I did...no fun to tromp around overdressed in the heat. How many managed to wear full pirate regalia was beyond me.

i giggle when i see the incredible family groups, they r brave souls to wear that costume.

Several people have said that Halloween week will be busy for the party and likely to sell out. What about Nov. 1?

my daughter wants to be willy from free willy:confused3 I had a bbb booked and she was going to be cinderella. Any idea on how to make a willy costume for the floriday hear. She said she will wear black bants and long sleeve shirt and wants me to sew on whlte whale spots but it is sooo hot. She has aspergers and is very particular on how "real" it must look.

my daughter wants to be willy from free willy:confused3 I had a bbb booked and she was going to be cinderella. Any idea on how to make a willy costume for the floriday hear. She said she will wear black bants and long sleeve shirt and wants me to sew on whlte whale spots but it is sooo hot. She has aspergers and is very particular on how "real" it must look.

I went on google and typed in whale costume and there are lots of ideas out there. Good luck. My ds7 is Autistic and I can so relate to how they have to be "just right" my ds is going as buzz light year.. It will be so hot but there is no changing his mind..

I am sure the answer to this question is somewhere in this thread but didn't see it scanning through. My husband and I are actually driving down from GA for the Halloween party (I have heard so many great things). We are only purchasing tickets to the party...not park tickets. What time can we come into magic kingdom that day? I heard a rumor its 4? We just decided to do a small weekend trip to enjoy the party and go to seaworld (never been to seaworld either). Then we will be back to Disney for a week in December. pirate:

What kind of Photopass discounts or deals have been offered in the past for MNSSHP?

I believe I saw they give a photopass card for the event with 40% off pictures... if you are on facebook and press "like" for the photopass page you can pre-order the cd for $99...sometimes you will get an email from Disney (if you booked thru them) for the same offer shortly before your trip

does anyone know where to buy Disney Halloween t-shirts for adults? I looked on the disney shopping sight and only found kids. we don't want to dress up for the party but would like tees

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter