The Official 2010 MNSSHP- Tips,Tricks and a few Treats !

We're thinking of going to MNSSHP on October 3rd, which is our arrival day. Have never been before and so we're excited to try it out, but I'm also reluctant to purchase in advance because I'd like to get an idea if the weather is going to cooperate or not. Ideally I would like to purchase one day in advance so that I still get the advanced purchase discount but I also (hopefully!) have a good idea of what the weather will be like. So a few questions:

(1) If we want to purchase them a day in advance, and we'll be on the road that day (travel day) is there a way to purchase them like that? By calling Disney? And if so, where is Will Call at the Magic Kingdom?

(2) If we opt to just wait and purchase day of, can they be purchased when we check-in at our resort (BC) or must we go to the park to purchase?

(3) I don't think we need to be too worried about selling out for that date -- Sunday Oct. 3..... anybody else think otherwise?

If I want to get a pic with Mickey, what is the best tip? First off, where is he located? ... Does he come out before 7 or no? Should I get there early and line up for a pic with him, before the line gets out of control?

Mickey and Minnie are meeting together at the Judge's Tent for the first time this year. If Mickey is your must do, then I'd line up before 7 (the later your party, the earlier you should line up), he'll be available all night. He will not start appearing in his costume until 7pm.

What IS the easiest way to get photos with the characters (especially Mickey and Minnie) ? Oh and Donand and Daisy too. oh and the villians and Snow White and the Dwarfs and...well you get the picture....LOL

Make a plan. We always map out which characters we want to meet and work through the park. It's hard because one location will switch characters every 30 minutes, so you have to do some back tracking.

All of the characters you mentioned should be available all night (remember, Snow will not be meeting with the dwarfs with year).

Some characters that are only out every 30 minutes include: Aladdin Characters, the Veranda characters, Hag, Pooh Characters, just to name a few.

Do you know offhand which characters will dress up? I'd like to make them a priority when we're at MNSSHP. Is it mostly the fab 5 and the Pooh characters? That's what I seem to remember from 2004.....

[thanks for all your character help - you are fabulous! :worship: ]

You are quite welcome. And, you are right. Pooh characters, VIPs, and Stitch. The characters get more festive at MVMCP when nearly all of them have scarves.

For the more visual - my report from last year has pictures so you can see what their costumes look like. (Rumor: Mickey and Minnie may be getting different costumes this year).

2009 MNSSHP Character Report.

what I wonder is is there enough time to do character pics and see parade/fireworks/dance party/villians show or will we have to do one or other?

If you read my report linked in the post above, you'll see that we met 50 characters, watched the Mix&Mingle, watched the parade, and attended both dance parties. The only thing we skipped was fireworks. But if you want to skip about 5 characters, you can watch the fireworks too!

I'm thinking of going November 1st but get to WDW Oct 23 so I have a few options....is Nov 1st still fun or are the CM's just glad its almost over? Should I pick another day?

Does anyone know if the fireworks show is the same one shown last year at Disneyland? If it was - that is the BEST fireworks show I have ever seen. On non-paryt nites, do they show the same fireworks or is it exclusive to the party?

This is our first MNSSHP too and I sure hope they use the same fireworks as DL last year. They are my favorite too. The absolute BEST fireworks ever.

Leanne

Last year Maleficent came down to the bottom of the ramp to the right as you look at the castle. She was the only one they kept behind a rope. I'd like to know what incident precipitated that......

The Evil Queen was about 3rd from the left if I recall properly....

Have fun!

Maybe it is simply because she is so very Evil. Have you read the Kingdom Keepers book series? You will find out how evil she really is if you read the books :). I can't wait to meet her in all of her Evil glory.

I am actually doing something that I hope I don't end up regretting -- We arrive at Disney World at 3:00pm on the 11th, we do not plan on going to a park at all on this day - just relax after the flight from Colorado and enjoy SAB. The next day Oct 12th - my daughter has an 11:00 appt. at BBB so I thought that would be the perfect night to do the party. I kept going back and forth on if we should do the party mid-trip but as we get deeper into the 12 day trip they start dying off :rotfl: So I am hoping the excitment - 2 hour time change and MK will keep them going until midnight - hope I don't regret this choice !

Funny thing - today my DD (6) asked "Will we have to eat all the candy before we get on the plane to come home ?" Could you even imagine :scared1: I told her I would bring an extra suitcase and she starts telling me about security at the airport :rotfl2: - I then explained the liquid thing (again) - I have to say it is hysterical that at 6 she even knows such things about traveling. I really hope we have better luck with the characters - DH is not fond of waiting to meet characters to begin with.

QUOTE]

Ah yes, the 2 hour time change. We are never at morning events, but those night time events are right up our alley!

And an extra suitcase? Do you know how much candy weighs? When we went to the Disneyland party a few years ago we ended up tossing a bunch of candy. We are going to the party on our last night, so may have to bring something to carry it on to the plane. I am not sure I could judge 50 pounds of candy :)

Last year we were at Disneyland for Halloween but skipped the party so I absolutely can't wait until we go to this party (which I have heard is far superior to the one at Disneyland.

Berlioz70- Holy Guacamole!!!!!!!!!! You saw everybody!!!!:worship: I would love to see the villains as well-Maleficent being my favorite:lovestruc-but I did get to see her this past March at Epcot. Did you watch the parade or did you just skip the fireworks? I cannot wait to go!!!!! :banana:I'd love to dress up with my husband..but at 7 months pregnant I think my options are limited....:confused3

On a side note we'll be traveling from Sept 27-Oct 8....the crowds are smaller than at spring break right? :confused:Are they considerably smaller? How are the MNSSHP crowds in Sept.? DH + Large crowds= :eek:

Where in Epcot? We will be spending a lot of time there this trip. If I could see her there, then I could see a different character after the Mingle.

:cool1:

Ah yes, the 2 hour time change. We are never at morning events, but those night time events are right up our alley!

And an extra suitcase? Do you know how much candy weighs? When we went to the Disneyland party a few years ago we ended up tossing a bunch of candy. We are going to the party on our last night, so may have to bring something to carry it on to the plane. I am not sure I could judge 50 pounds of candy :)

Last year we were at Disneyland for Halloween but skipped the party so I absolutely can't wait until we go to this party (which I have heard is far superior to the one at Disneyland.

Okay so on the extra suitcase thing...:goodvibes My DH travels for business and is a Summit member on Frontier, so we will be bringing 9 suitcases :scared1: I know, I know..... so much luggage. Not to even mention the laptop carry-on,the kids 2 backpacks filled with crap for plane ride,my rolling duffel with swimsuits and things needed immediatly when we arrive. This will be our seventh Disney trip and everytime I tell myself I will not bring so much crap,but it never happens. We are there for 12 days, and not only do I bring 9 suitcases, I have to borrow from family to make sure we have enough large ones :sick: Thank goodness for the magical express. The 50 pound thing... this is where it gets really :sick:.... my DH makes me bring the digital scale - there must have been an incident once- but I can't remember it ! :lmao: He stands on the scale, then grabs the bag, if it is more than 48 pounds I have to shuffle some junk.
Last year, I had to have Disney mail home one of those 80.00 dollar castles and a monorail (for my DH -- NOT my DS :lmao:) After all these trips, I would think we should have every souvenior known to man, but they still end up killing me at the giftshop .

DISCLAIMER : Although I am the original poster, for the packing list.. I promise I do not bring everything on it....:rotfl2: If you want to see the maddness... check out the packing list link in my signature. :wizard:

We are going to be there 10/2-10/10. We can either go 10/3-Sunday or 10/7.
Which day is going to be less crowded? We are thinking going on Sunday and not using park tickets for that day since we can get in at 4pm. Ds insist we are going to M&M World:rotfl:

Thanks!

This is our first MNNSHP. We took dd to MMVMCP when I was preg w/ds and it was cold and rainy, but we had a great time even though she missed Belle in her Christmas dress:sad1:

If you read my report linked in the post above, you'll see that we met 50 characters, watched the Mix&Mingle, watched the parade, and attended both dance parties. The only thing we skipped was fireworks. But if you want to skip about 5 characters, you can watch the fireworks too!

Hi there! Your plan is exactly what we want to do during MNSSHP. We will see MNSSHP fireworks a couple of nights from the lagoon, so we can skip it but you are right, I too would like to hear the music. I love your site! 2 questions for ya:
1. If you mentioned it, I am sorry I missed it but what night were you going to MNSSHP? I want to be sure to read your report before we go in Oct.
2. You mentioned on your site characters don't sign? :scared1: :confused: So, don't even bother bringing an autograph book and stick to the photopass?
Thank you! Love your pirate league thread!!
Sandy

Another Coloradan here! We also end up staying up late because of the time difference but that's ok - it's a vacation :thumbsup2

Which day is going to be less crowded? We are thinking going on Sunday and not using park tickets for that day since we can get in at 4pm. Ds insist we are going to M&M World:rotfl:

Thanks!

This is our first MNNSHP. We took dd to MMVMCP when I was preg w/ds and it was cold and rainy, but we had a great time even though she missed Belle in her Christmas dress:sad1:

I would say go October 3rd....The Columbus day crowds will be arriving the closer you get to the weekend! Have a blast! It is my favorite party!:thumbsup2

I would say go October 3rd....The Columbus day crowds will be arriving the closer you get to the weekend! Have a blast! It is my favorite party!:thumbsup2

My family and I will be there on the 3rd- so you know it will be a good day :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Just kidding- all reports I have seen days go on Sunday- good luck with your decision!

Thanks!

Slightly off topic but where is M&m's world?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter