The *NEW* SWAN & DOLPHIN RESORT Thread ~ April 2009 ~ Please read Post #1!

Status
Not open for further replies.
not really related to swan and dolphin... but I wanted to have some family photos taken while we are at disney (my son will have just turned 1). Does anyone know of any photographers that would come to one of the resorts. I saw photo pass does a portrait session... are their photos's any good?

Thanks

:yay: We are leaving for the Swan in 4 days!!:yay:

I'm not entirely sure how I'm going to have myself and my two older DDs ready to leave, but we are super excited anyways!! The big dance recital day was this past Saturday, so with 10 dances in three shows plus dress rehearsals, we've been preoccupied!

I so need to make my trip plan (I know, it's really late for that). The only thing I know for sure is we will be at DTD on Monday for my girls to dance :dance3:

It says they can't be used with other certificates or coupons, but I wonder if you could get the 20% Tables in Wonderland discount and use the certificate towards the balance?

Does anyone know if they also take AAA or TIW discount with these certificates?

Sorry if it was already posted. Thx. :goodvibes

Hey all--just wanted to say that we stayed 2 nights at the Swan recently and we LOVED it! Thought it was a great hotel. Plus, I booked it through Delta's SkyMiles Marketplace so the 2 nights cost us less than $14! They didn't charge us the parking fees or the resort fees either. :cool1:

We tried Picabu for dinner the first night. We had the Family Meal Deal (whole rotisserie chicken + 3 family size sides + bread). Tasted wonderful! And we got the 20 percent DVC discount so dinner for the four of us was just $25!! I think that was the cheapest meal we had at Disney all week. We spend more than that when we eat at Applebee's. :woohoo:

Thanks for the nice review loveswdw! I have to try this rotisserie chicken at Picabu - I've seen several good reviews on it now! We always seem to eat only breakfast there, I've got to try it next time.

HI sorry you can only use one at a time wither AAA, tables or resturants.com they will not let you combine I called the resturant direct and tables and they told me no sorry I was hopeful too

Hi, I'll be staying at the Dolphin for the first time next month. :yay: Question about towncar rental for you Swolphin veterans.. Do you reserve a car through the hotel or on your own? I'm guessing it's less expensive to do it myself. Any recommendations are appreciated.

I've always stayed at BC and have been taking DME, so I'm a little nervous about taking "other transportation" with just me(mom) and DD(10).

Thanks for any advise/help! :flower3:

HI sorry you can only use one at a time wither AAA, tables or resturants.com they will not let you combine I called the resturant direct and tables and they told me no sorry I was hopeful too

Thanks for checking. I figured that was the case.

I reserve it myself. There are several good options, one is a sponsor on these boards (FL Tours) and I think they are very reasonably priced and you can get a free stop at the grocery store on your way.

In March we stayed at BC and took ME, I didn't like ME. We got in quite late and after a full day of working and traveling, I didn't feel like waiting for everyone to board, then hitting all those extra resorts and having to leave so early on the return.

To me, it's worth the extra money to feel special, save time and get the grocery stop.

On our upcoming trip we are trying something new. We are renting a car for one day from Alamo at MCO airport and returning it to the Dolphin Alamo. We are going to go out in the morning on our first full day and go shopping and run errands. Since we will be at the resort for nearly 2 weeks we figured it would be good to stock up (Costco, Wal-Mart, etc).
The cost of the one day rental was under $60 - and having the ability to have one day of rental and go shopping at our leisure seemed like a better plan then a quick grocery stop. We have done towncar rentals on our last few stays and they always take us to Goodings - very pricey!

We have used Fl Tours and Tiffany Town Car. For our July trip we will be using Tiffany as they had the best price for our 3 legs....MCO to Royal Pacific Resort to Dolphin back to MCO.

Both were great when I used them previously.

Wishing everyone great luck with their upcoming trips! Hope you have great weather and lots of magic and memories! :cheer2:

I am super psyched myself--just got our plane tickets!! :santa:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter