The *NEW* SWAN & DOLPHIN RESORT Thread ~ April 2009 ~ Please read Post #1!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just found out recently about Stacey playing at the bus stops. In all my WDW trips in the past 10 years, I think we have taken the bus 2 times. I really do dislike that we have to pay $10 a day to park, but whatever...still a good deal overall.

Thanks again!

LOL you could always just take a walk over to the bus stop to get your Stacey fix if you have to! :rotfl2:

Yes it's killing me that I'm not going with him this time. But I'm going with a bunch of girl friends in 3 weeks, staying at Kidani, so that's helping to ease my pain! He has another conference there in March, so I'm planning to go then & take the kids.

Our fridge has been empty at The Dolphin for the last few trips.

Have a GREAT time! I'm jealous!

Hey we've hit 250+ pages - do threads still have to start over at this point? Mom Poppins where are you?!?!?!?

WLL - Sounds like we'll be checking in at the same time :goodvibes

I'm so glad you asked those questions. This will be our first stay at the Dolphin. Can't wait!

This time next week we'll be one our way :banana:

Oh, is that the rule...250 pages? I always wondered about that.

I noticed MomPoppins has 5 kids...I am sure she is busy! LOL, I just noticed that (her kids) in her signature when I went to the 1st page. I thought to myself, "WOW, she is more woman than me!" LOL, I only have 1 DD and I don't know if I am coming or going half the time.

Tara-When I need my Stacey fix, I watch this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se_7yLlRzeM

I don't want to watch it too often, I want her to still have the "magic" when I get there. Although I don't care too much for the new resort TV show w/Stacey...where she is just standing in a studio.

Hey now...you are all the way in PA and I am 3 short hours away...and between you and your DH you have 3 trips planned for WDW in the next 6 months! That's just not fair! *pouting*

Thanks for the fridge info!

TRACY! Woohoo!:banana: I am glad you posted...someone to be excited with me! We REALLY love the Dolphin (I even like it better than the Swan) and you can see in my signature how many places I have stayed at. What kind of itinerary do you have? How many days are you staying? Are you going to do the F&W Classic? I will have a lime green Mickey on my (probably on my backpack...which DH usually carries...not sure if everyone knows that the lime green Mickey paint sample from Home Depot is the "official" symbol of the DISboards so people can recognize each other) so look for me around the Dolphin!

Thank you for the mini fridge info, Nancy! Ohhh, you *must* enjoy a pool day! It is heaven to sit near the waterfall, look out at the lake and know Epcot is a short walk away! We purposely build non park days into our trip...I personally don't care to go to the parks on the weekends. We also let our Fl resident seasonal passes lapse (we get them every other year) and take non park trips. The last time we stayed at the Swan (2008) it was a non park trip, for my 40th birthday. LOTS of pool days that trip!:cool1:

I just found out recently about Stacey playing at the bus stops. In all my WDW trips in the past 10 years, I think we have taken the bus 2 times. I really do dislike that we have to pay $10 a day to park, but whatever...still a good deal overall.

Thanks again!
I have an annual pass and I LOVE the parks - especially Epcot. I'm looking forward to being there during the Food & Wine Festival in a few weeks, and again for a few days in mid-December to get my holiday fix! :teeth:

TaraPa said:
Yes it's killing me that I'm not going with him this time. But I'm going with a bunch of girl friends in 3 weeks, staying at Kidani, so that's helping to ease my pain! He has another conference there in March, so I'm planning to go then & take the kids.

I have on my calendar the DIS meet at Ellen's Energy Adventure on the 26th. If I remember to go, I'll see you there!

Since I absolutely cannot stay away from my beloved Dolphin/Swan, we're having dinner at both Garden Grove and Il Mulino in December (thank you restaurant.com). It's going to be bittersweet though because we're not staying there but have to schlep back to POFQ! Haven't eaten at Il Mulino yet, hopefully we'll love it!!! SingingMom, you eat there don't you?

Will I be able to do airline checkin for Virgin Atlantic and get the boarding passes printed at the Swan or Dolphin? I believe they have computers in the lobby with limited internet access but I can't remember what airlines they allow and whether you can actually checkin and print boarding passes.

If you've just missed the boat and you're going to Epcot, I recommend walking to Yacht & Beach club and keep walking on to Epcot - it's not that far and it's a nice walk. It's a little far to HS though, and not really as scenic, as we discovered on Sunday. Or maybe it just seemed further in the heat. :) But, the boat to HS is direct from S&D - you have 2 stops before you get to Epcot (about 20 min). If you miss the boat from Epcot to the resorts, you can walk and pick up the boat at Y&B and then your next stop is S&D.
I think it's quicker to walk via the Boardwalk, instead of Y&B Club. ;)

I am not getting email notifications when there are new posts on this thread...I am glad I came and checked. Thank you soooo much for that link...I am going to listen to it now!!

Me either.. :confused3 :surfweb: and I CONSTANTLY online. :goodvibes

Im sorry if this is an awkward question but here goes anyway: our trip is Nov 17-21 and I really don't want the dumpster view. Its my birthday trip and is my birthday/Christmas gift to myself and a special trip for DS13 too. What are the chances of getting upgraded? I did join spg and there is a note on my ressie that its my birthday. I am one of those people who will sit on abalcony over looking a view, we always spend time at our resort.

also does anyone know what the AP rate is? I didnt know they had one.

Thanks sooo much! This will be our last trip for a while to an Epcot area resort and I really want to make it as perfect as can be. :worship:

DEFINITELY mention your birthday at check in and smile sweetly and say, "any chance of a balcony?" :hippie: If available, you should get it, since you are an SPG member. Good luck and HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :wizard:

ONE WEEK FROM TODAY!!! I will be on my way to The Dolphin. I am so happy and excited.:banana:

Even though I am excited about MNSSP, Epcot and The F&W Classic at the S/D...I find myself most dreaming about Saturday during the day, which will be strictly a pool day. I just love that pool!

I am going to go to the first page to read about coffee makers in the room (do they have them? If so, what size are they?) and also the mini fridge. Can I keep milk in the mini fridge...is it cold enough?

I forgot these things since the last time I stayed there...and I think the fridge situation has changed anyway, so I need the latest info.

Also...is the WDW channel with Stacey on the TV there? It said she was on (channel 2) allearsnet.com when they gave a list of the stations, but I remember that she was NOT on TV there. But I could be wrong, like I said, my memory is foggy.

Yes - LOVE a "pool day"! We enjoy cocktails at the Cabana Bar on that day!:cool1:
Others have already answered, but yes, fridge is cold enough for milk - I'd buy two quarts instead of a half gallon for spacing, and the coffee makers are individual cups. Ask housekeeping for more coffee if you need it.

Stacy is definitely on in the room tv's. Can't remember the channel, however. :happytv:

Since I absolutely cannot stay away from my beloved Dolphin/Swan, we're having dinner at both Garden Grove and Il Mulino in December (thank you restaurant.com). It's going to be bittersweet though because we're not staying there but have to schlep back to POFQ! Haven't eaten at Il Mulino yet, hopefully we'll love it!!! SingingMom, you eat there don't you?

Yes! We ate at Il Mulino this June. One of our BEST meals in "the World" in the past five years!:thumbsup2 Pricey, but worth it. And, being 100% Italian and making many dishes myself, I am VERY picky when it comes to "Italian Restaurants". It was very good and the atmosphere was lovely.

Now I'm off to subscribe to the NEW NEW thread. :laughing: We are a chatty bunch, aren't we?! :grouphug:

Hi Zuzu! Where will you be staying in December? WIll you be venturing over to the Poly too? How's school this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter