The *NEW* Polynesian Resort FAQ thread - *2008*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have any of you ordered a cake or any other special request (like chocolate covered strawberries YUM!) through in-room dining at the Poly to be delivered to your room? If so how soon in advance did you call and were you pleased with what you received?

I would love to order a cake for our anniversary trip to hopefully replicate our wedding cake in some way and have it delivered to our room the first day or so we are there. Any tips are greatly appreciated!

I haven't personally yet, but there is a great thread on this topic with pictures, prices, phone numbers, etc.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=25734133#post25734133

Have any of you ordered a cake or any other special request (like chocolate covered strawberries YUM!) through in-room dining at the Poly to be delivered to your room? If so how soon in advance did you call and were you pleased with what you received?

I would love to order a cake for our anniversary trip to hopefully replicate our wedding cake in some way and have it delivered to our room the first day or so we are there. Any tips are greatly appreciated!

What a sweet idea! :goodvibes

I've had gift baskets delivered to my kids for birthdays which the CMs were very helpful.I told them what stuffed character they each liked and they took it from there.

Thanks! With all the rain talk lately surrounding Faye it got me thinking of ponchos and rain gear. That's a nice perk if Disney replaces their own damaged ponchos. I'm sure they cost more $$, but very convenient if you spring a leak:)

We just returned and Fay visited during our trip. I will concur in that they do replace the poncho if damaged. My hood was coming off and I decided to buy another one. When I took off the damaged one the CM handed me a new and said "Thanks no need to pay."

OMG. Finally got our documents today!! 38 days. Could I be any more excited!? Even my too cool for their own good teens are getting excited. Finally. Yippee!!

However, if the fountain drink machine is working, apple juice is available for the refillable mugs and as a fountain drink selection. :thumbsup2

Oh this is GREAT news for us, we're doing DxDDP and DS's mug would be totally wasted if (as Disney told us) there was no juice or milk available with the mug. Thanks! And for the pics too, it's a big help when you're travelling with little ones to have an idea of the food/drink available.

Boy you guys have been busy...I was away for 2 weeks and came back to 45 pages of Poly thread!! Took a few days but I'm finally caught up. :thumbsup2

So excited! Not too much longer and I will be back at the Poly! Anyone else going to be there Sept 27-Oct 9? This will be our 16th stay there I think! Every stay there has been good as the first one! Anyone else?

we will be DaisyD, we check in same day as you, staying for 3 weeks ..... getting so excited to be heading back home again.

Val
xx

we will be DaisyD, we check in same day as you, staying for 3 weeks ..... getting so excited to be heading back home again.

Val
xx

Nice! Look for us! We will be 4 girls! My mom, 70s, me 40s, DD 20s and DD 9. We spend a lot of time at the pool. LOL! We are also going to the MNSSHP on Oct 2. Going to that?

Hi!

I did a search but, couldn't find this info...and the website that would have this info is currently down....probably not up until next week...

Could someone post the current concierge lounge schedule? (looking for when the breakfast offerings are laid out and put away...timing of the afternoon snacks...and timing of the evening offerings - when they're laid out and put away - when the evening cordials are offered, etc....)

Thanks so much!!

So excited! Not too much longer and I will be back at the Poly! Anyone else going to be there Sept 27-Oct 9? This will be our 16th stay there I think! Every stay there has been good as the first one! Anyone else?

Val
xx

We are also checking into the Poly on the 27th!

Hi!

I did a search but, couldn't find this info...and the website that would have this info is currently down....probably not up until next week...

Could someone post the current concierge lounge schedule? (looking for when the breakfast offerings are laid out and put away...timing of the afternoon snacks...and timing of the evening offerings - when they're laid out and put away - when the evening cordials are offered, etc....)

Thanks so much!!

Is this what you're looking for?

Kakahiaka (morning service) 7:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. offering muffins and pastries, tropical fruit, cereal, milk, orange juice, pineapple guava juice, ice tea, coffee drinks and hot chocolate from the new coffee machine, glass bottles of water, and toasters are available. Yogurt available as well as other items by request.

Auinala (afternoon service) 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. offering fruit juice, bottled water, soda, ice tea, cookies, tropical fruit, gummy worms and m&m's.

Ahiahi (evening service) 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. offering different themes each day.

Aumoe (late evening service) 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. offering wine and cheese as well as cordials and desserts.

Is this what you're looking for?

Kakahiaka (morning service) 7:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. offering muffins and pastries, tropical fruit, cereal, milk, orange juice, pineapple guava juice, ice tea, coffee drinks and hot chocolate from the new coffee machine, glass bottles of water, and toasters are available. Yogurt available as well as other items by request.

Auinala (afternoon service) 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. offering fruit juice, bottled water, soda, ice tea, cookies, tropical fruit, gummy worms and m&m's.

Ahiahi (evening service) 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. offering different themes each day.

Aumoe (late evening service) 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. offering wine and cheese as well as cordials and desserts.

EXACTLY what I was looking for --- thanks so much for posting!!!
:worship:

We enjoyed it. We did it in September 06 also. The food is good and the entertainment is good as well. We did Hoop Dee Doo Revue last year and I think we like that a little better than the Luau.

However, it made it a little better since we were staying at the Poly this time. It really went along great with the Polynesian atmosphere.

We are on the DDP and we are doing the Luau in September. Do you think I should pay out of pocket for the Luau and save the 2TS points for individual meals. I believe the price of the Luau is about 50 (tip is included even with the DDP for this meal) I think I may be better off paying cash for this and doing 2 TS breakfasts. KONA and CP or maybe a lunch. I have to compare the prices. Just thought maybe some off you have walked this road before...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter