• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The *NEW* Polynesian Resort FAQ thread - *2008*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who started the lime green as the color for the DIS, Tess?

Off topic, but are your children both off to school now?

Looking forward to Polynesian reports from all of you going soon!:cool1:

WOW so exciting to have so many of you going so soon! I will live vicarously through you for the next 15mos! hehe Can't wait to see pix and hear all the details once all of you return!

Melanie

I am right there with you- I have so long to go as well. We are enjoying the week of Thanksgiving 09 at the Poly!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyD
So excited! Not too much longer and I will be back at the Poly! Anyone else going to be there Sept 27-Oct 9? This will be our 16th stay there I think! Every stay there has been good as the first one! Anyone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinders Mum
we will be DaisyD, we check in same day as you, staying for 3 weeks ..... getting so excited to be heading back home again.

Val
xx

We are also checking into the Poly on the 27th!
brilliant....... check in is gonna be busy (as always) that day....
may see you around GCH.
Good thing I check in on the 26th!!!:rotfl: :lmao:

We are a family of 5 that will be staying at the poly on sept. 13th for 1 week. We have never stayed at the poly before. We have a regular garden view room and have requested that we have a balcony ( I know there isno guarantee) . Is there something else we should request like a specific building, floor, etc. Three kids are 7,5 and 2 years old. We would like to be in somewhat close proximity to the monorail but I probably dont want it on my balcony. My wife said just ask for a free upgrade when we get there which I will do but doubt that will get me upgraded so I wanted to request some specifics to make accomodations as good as possible. Any help would be appreciated.

We are a family of 5 that will be staying at the poly on sept. 13th for 1 week. We have never stayed at the poly before. We have a regular garden view room and have requested that we have a balcony ( I know there isno guarantee) . Is there something else we should request like a specific building, floor, etc. Three kids are 7,5 and 2 years old. We would like to be in somewhat close proximity to the monorail but I probably dont want it on my balcony. My wife said just ask for a free upgrade when we get there which I will do but doubt that will get me upgraded so I wanted to request some specifics to make accomodations as good as possible. Any help would be appreciated.

I just checked out the resort map poly map to see if one building seems better suited than another. Although you have a better chance of getting your requests if they aren't too specific. We were more concerned about being close to the TTC than the GCH so we were going to request Tahiti or Rapa Nui.

But now, thanks to this thread, we are seriously considering club level.

Oh Thank God....I have read this entire thread:surfweb:

A couple of questions: For those who drove to WDW: Did you have a good drive? Like was it easy to take the exits and such. My family is going and I just don't want to get lost, because the further I have been is Atlanta, and even then that was a class trip from years ago when I was in high school.

I think this has already been answered but: you can a DVD player and hook it up? My husband is a gamer and he would definetly be bring his PS3.

I have never stayed at the Poly (I cannot wait:yay: ). I just have a few questions I was hoping someone could answer:

1. How long does it usually take from the airport via Magical Express to get to the Poly? Our plane arrives at 11am on 9/15 and was just wondering how to plan our afternoon. I was lucky enough to get an ADR at LTT at 4:30pm after weeks of trying:cheer2: ! Is it safe to say that we could be at MK by 2:30p - 3p?

2. If our room is not ready where can we put our carry-on bags?

3. Can someone explain to me about the refillable mugs? How much are they and can they be brought into the parks? I have never used them but it sure sounds like a good idea.

4. How late is the volcano pool open at night?

I know I have more questions but I cannot think of them right now. Thanks to all who respond. Wishing all a magical time at WDW! pixiedust:

We would like to be in somewhat close proximity to the monorail but I probably dont want it on my balcony. My wife said just ask for a free upgrade when we get there which I will do but doubt that will get me upgraded so I wanted to request some specifics to make accomodations as good as possible. Any help would be appreciated.

There has been BIG discussions on various threads about upgrade and how to get them. I would recommend NOT asking for it. CM's tend to get bogged down with people asking for free upgrades and as a result, those who ask seem to not get them. Those who don't ask....will have a better chance. ;) Now what "may" work is to ask "what would the cost difference be to upgrade" and it's not AS obvious, however from what I can see here on disboards, asking is like a curse to NOT get upgraded.

In regards to what bldg....from what I've read on tikiman's site, it shouldn't take more than 8min (I beleive) to get from any bldg to the main bldg where the monorail is. It's not as spread out as many beleive it is. More popular requests tend to be Somoa and Tokelua however everyone seems to have their fave bldg for various reasons.

I have never stayed at the Poly (I cannot wait:yay: ). I just have a few questions I was hoping someone could answer:

1. How long does it usually take from the airport via Magical Express to get to the Poly? Our plane arrives at 11am on 9/15 and was just wondering how to plan our afternoon. I was lucky enough to get an ADR at LTT at 4:30pm after weeks of trying:cheer2: ! Is it safe to say that we could be at MK by 2:30p - 3p?

2. If our room is not ready where can we put our carry-on bags?

3. Can someone explain to me about the refillable mugs? How much are they and can they be brought into the parks? I have never used them but it sure sounds like a good idea.

4. How late is the volcano pool open at night?

I know I have more questions but I cannot think of them right now. Thanks to all who respond. Wishing all a magical time at WDW! pixiedust:

We're having our first trip there as well....not till next year though. :confused:

In regards to your ADR on arrival day. I'm not sure how long from airport to the resort but I do know alot of people warn not to make ADR's on arrival day since you never know if your flight is going to be delayed, etc. I'm not sure what advice to give you there since I haven't done it and I, also, am hoping to schedule an ADR for arrival day!

For your bags, if your room isn't ready the bell hop will hold them for you till your room is ready. I BELEIVE they move it into your room once the room is ready but don't quote me on that. I'm sure others will know for sure.

Refillable mugs - you buy them at your resort (in Capt Cooks) for about $12. They are good your entire stay at the Poly only. You cannot use them for refills at the parks or other resorts. Only there at Capt Cooks. You CAN take them to the park if you want to fill up on the way there, but just remember not to loose it while you're out and about. If you have it with you, it's convenient to get a refill on your way back to the room at the end of the day. MANY people do say they prefer to return their mug to the room prior to going to the parks, though.

Not sure about Volcano pool. It's probably on the first page of this thread with all the info but something tells me it's about 10p.

Oh Thank God....I have read this entire thread:surfweb:

A couple of questions: For those who drove to WDW: Did you have a good drive? Like was it easy to take the exits and such. My family is going and I just don't want to get lost, because the further I have been is Atlanta, and even then that was a class trip from years ago when I was in high school.

I think this has already been answered but: you can a DVD player and hook it up? My husband is a gamer and he would definetly be bring his PS3.

I know what you mean. It took me a few days to complete the thread. Problem I have is we dont go until next October and I get so excited everytime I read these threads, then realize I have a looooong time to go. My DH and I have decided to drive too. We live just outside Cleveland Ohio. I figured as it gets closer then I will start probing the DIS minds for driving info:drive:.

We'll be there this Saturday for our first trip to the Poly, and staying until next Saturday. My DS8 is 8 and my DD is 3. Will anyone else be there with kids in that range? I would love to meet up and make some "pool friends" for the week. Soooooo excited!

I know what you mean. It took me a few days to complete the thread. Problem I have is we dont go until next October and I get so excited everytime I read these threads, then realize I have a looooong time to go. My DH and I have decided to drive too. We live just outside Cleveland Ohio. I figured as it gets closer then I will start probing the DIS minds for driving info:drive:.

First of all congrats on the weight loss! I have lost 72 pounds in little over a year- wasn't a easy task, I love food:rotfl: :rotfl:
I notice you are from Cleveland- l live in Buffalo so we are practically neighbors. Don't worry you do have company around here with the waiting game. My poly trip is so far away as well:flower3: :flower3: :flower3:

We are on the DDP and we are doing the Luau in September. Do you think I should pay out of pocket for the Luau and save the 2TS points for individual meals. I believe the price of the Luau is about 50 (tip is included even with the DDP for this meal) I think I may be better off paying cash for this and doing 2 TS breakfasts. KONA and CP or maybe a lunch. I have to compare the prices. Just thought maybe some off you have walked this road before...

Hi Team disney, I agree with you. I would pay for the luau OOP and save your 2TS. I have found we spend much more then $50 when we eat at the signiture restaurants. Have you ever tried Narcosee's at GF, their food is great, they even have lobster on the menu. On our last visit we used our 2TS for dinner, DH ordered lobster, I order filet, we shared. Much less expensive then their surf and turf entree. Just an idea. :)

Oh well you are farther than we are. We are in Tennessee. My husband made jokes about how we could be like the Griswald's.....:lmao:

As long as he doesn't get us lost like Clark did all time on every vacation we should be good. And I also hope my husband doesn't snap and stop by a pawn shop, purchase a fake gun, and use it on WDW security if they dare to tell us no on anything.

I'm trying to calm my nerves, but I've talk to people who have lived in Florida, and they say it's basically a straight shot.

I have never ate at Captain Cook's or Kona Cafe but can tell you that my family thought the food at Ohana's and the Luau was delicious.

'Ohana's is very good. :lovestruc We can't wait to go back in December! I just hope we're not disappointed with Captain Cook's. :goodvibes

I read through most of the thread and I am sorry if I missed the answer to my question buried somewhere in there. :flower3: We are going back to stay at the Poly next may and wanted to stay in the same building we were in last time .. are they pretty good about honoring your building request?

I see a lot of complaints about the food at Captain Cook's. Does anyone like the food at the Polynesian? :confused3

I loved O'Hana's :love: and we are planning on doing that again. While Captain Cook's wasn't the best meal I have ever eaten, I did like it! The Aloha pork sandwich was yummy! (That is just my opinion though .. everyone has different tastes which is what makes us all wonderfully unique!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter