• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The New *Official 2013 Disney Princess Half Marathon Thread*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the video! Can you tell us the songs you used?

The songs are from the Fresh Beat Band...a preschool show on Nick LOL...

"Here We Go", "Another Perfect Day", "Surprise Yourself" and "Waiting on Friend Like You".....

My little princess was and still is SO into that show and loves the songs. We have the CD so I figured why not use them! Catchy aren't they!

Oh and at the end in the outtakes....its from Move It Shake It Celebrate it Street party.... which IS Disney. Just downloaded it from somewhere.

Thanks! and for that Disney should give me a free race :rotfl::rotfl: Well....many not considering I have Fresh Beat Band music. ;)

Cantwaitvaca.....are you in the Space Mtn photo?

No I am not one of the Goddess in that pic, 3 others are, but I sent them the link to your video.
I can’t wait to do it again!!

Oh- and everyone watch Julie's video. It ROCKS. It was well timed to get people pumped about shelling out $$$ for the race Julie! :)

I agree!!! I am sooooo ready to register!!!
Julie again it was nice seeing your video, it brought back wonderful memories!!!

But then I love a good race and having the chance to do a practice race and meet some fellow Princesses (mamasmurf227 and DeerIsleMaine) would be really nice too. And having an ice cold beer at the end of the race doesn't hurt either. I guess I have some thinking to do.

I'm excited for registration tomorrow!:hyper: I can't wait to make it official! Anyone doing both the half and the 5K? If so, are you registering for both tomorrow?

Holly

::chanting:: Do it! Do it! ;) How fun would it be having a pre-princess meetup, cold beer & a beach too? Sounds awesome.

And, yes--I'll be doing the 5K and the half. My daughter (who will be turning 6 during our trip) really wants to try the 5K. I obviously won't be racing (although, in most of my races several 8/9 year olds have finished ahead of me, so maybe I will be. :rotfl:). I just hope she is able to cross the finish. I think I'm going to hold off registering for the 5K a little bit until I can get her outside some more to make sure she can do the pace.

So I broke the news to my hubby last night that I wanted to do this. He thinks that I have lost my mind. He also thinks that I should know for sure that I can go 13.1 miles before I put the $$ out. He isn't much support in that department. He likes the idea of me trying to better myself. (he was the same way when I told him I wanted to do a 5K)

When I first started running in February I wasn't able to run for 30 seconds without feeling like I was going to die! In my second ever 5K a couple of weeks ago I averaged a 13.5 minute mile. I was very proud of myself. And it was HOT!!

So I guess I'm just rambeling... With or without his support I AM DOING THIS!!

:cutie:

Go for it! I'm sure he'll jump on board and be supportive. If not, there are tons of us here to cheer you on! My hubby was skeptical too, but now he's started running and has signed up for a race himself. You never know!

:mic: Today's the day, TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!! I can't wait to sign up! :ccat:

I woke up so excited! I am taking the kids to the waterpark today though so I have to wait until later afternoon to register! Is it bad I considered making us go later so I could register first? I did have to remind myself that it won't fill up today!

::And, yes--I'll be doing the 5K and the half. My daughter (who will be turning 6 during our trip) really wants to try the 5K. I obviously won't be racing (although, in most of my races several 8/9 year olds have finished ahead of me, so maybe I will be. :rotfl:). I just hope she is able to cross the finish. I think I'm going to hold off registering for the 5K a little bit until I can get her outside some more to make sure she can do the pace.

In April my 7 year old DD did a 5K with me. We did Jeff Galloway run 2 walk 1 I ran at her pace.. that stinker had us finish in 37 mins!!! I was so very proud of her. It was no sweat to her at all.

I woke up so excited! I am taking the kids to the waterpark today though so I have to wait until later afternoon to register! Is it bad I considered making us go later so I could register first? I did have to remind myself that it won't fill up today!

LOL! It won't fill up today. I think there will be many months of registration time. But I totally understand the giddyness!

Does anyone know if you can pay for race reg with Disney gift cards? I know you can with the discounted park tickets, but not sure of race reg. The cheapo in me is always thinking of working a deal - our local grocery store is doing fuel points and when you buy a gift card from them you get 2x the fuel points. As we are about to go on vacation..... I'm looking to up that amount!

Oh, and thanks, Julie (SaySay) for the awesome video - I feel famous! Although we need to discuss about including my Tinker tinkle break! :rotfl: I feel like if we get a group of Princesses next year, we might have to actually work out choreography or something. Hmmmm....flash mob at the Magic Kingdom? It could happen!:thumbsup2

Does anyone know if you can pay for race reg with Disney gift cards? I know you can with the discounted park tickets, but not sure of race reg. The cheapo in me is always thinking of working a deal - our local grocery store is doing fuel points and when you buy a gift card from them you get 2x the fuel points. As we are about to go on vacation..... I'm looking to up that amount!

Oh, and thanks, Julie (SaySay) for the awesome video - I feel famous! Although we need to discuss about including my Tinker tinkle break! :rotfl: I feel like if we get a group of Princesses next year, we might have to actually work out choreography or something. Hmmmm....flash mob at the Magic Kingdom? It could happen!:thumbsup2

Flash Mob at MK Love it :rotfl:

Not sure if you can online, but when I called about host resorts the guy said they could take race registration over the phone too. Maybe if you call they can do it with gift cards?

Tinker Tinkle... tehehe! I want to be in on the flash mob. How fun!

Im so excited for registration to open for the 1/2, I was doing web searches and found your board and joined!

I am running my first run disney event at the Tower of Terror this fall, I have registered for the TinkerBell, and waiting to do the Princess Registration to complete my Coast to Coast! I have been dieting and running since around Thanksgiving, feeling great, and so excited to run DISNEY!!

:sulley:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter