The New *Official 2013 Disney Princess Half Marathon Thread*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomorrow is registration! WOOT! I won't have an official race time to submit though. I am signed up for my first half in October. Guess I will just submit then.

So I broke the news to my hubby last night that I wanted to do this. He thinks that I have lost my mind. He also thinks that I should know for sure that I can go 13.1 miles before I put the $$ out. He isn't much support in that department. He likes the idea of me trying to better myself. (he was the same way when I told him I wanted to do a 5K)

When I first started running in February I wasn't able to run for 30 seconds without feeling like I was going to die! In my second ever 5K a couple of weeks ago I averaged a 13.5 minute mile. I was very proud of myself. And it was HOT!!

So I guess I'm just rambeling... With or without his support I AM DOING THIS!!

:cutie:

When I told my dh in Dec 2009 that I would run it in Feb 2011 I was 200 pounds and he laughed at me. Well I have done 2011 & 2012 and many other races including the Warrior Dash with him. and I will be registering for the Princess half and 5K tomorrow!!

Has anyone ran both the 5K then the hafl? Any tips?

Heatherann, way to go. Just keep following the training and you will get there. You have all of us to support you!

FINALLY finished my race weekend video from last year's race. Its here or you can always find it on my blog which is by my signature.

http://youtu.be/0wrDvvDduUM

haha I always have to think about sunscreen. I closely resemble Merida from brave, but with straight red hair and not curly. It was a joke when we saw the movie last week. I carry a whole bottle of sunscreen in my purse at all times. :rolleyes1 i Don't want to turn into a lobster for you guys, although I do get red in the face when I run anyways. But at least that isn't permanent!

I had to laugh when I read this -- first I love that you're from "Mousechusetts" -- can I steal that? I'm from Mass as well! And I also suffer from the Irish complexion that gets red when I exert myself. I will have people rushing to me thinking I'm about to pass out but I'm fine -- just a nice bright shade of pink all over my face! :)

BTW -- TinyDancer -- I may have asked this months ago, but I thought maybe the list wasn't being updated any longer ... could you add me to the list on the first page? Something tells me that if I see my name here, it'll be more "real". :rotfl::rotfl:

I'm excited for registration tomorrow!:hyper: I can't wait to make it official! Anyone doing both the half and the 5K? If so, are you registering for both tomorrow?

Holly

I am doing the 1/2 and the family is doing the 5K. I'm only signing up for the 1/2 tomorrow -- to try to spread out the payments a little. :hourglass

Hi All,

I ran the Princess in 2011 and my friend just pinged me about running it together in 2013! Still doing some bean counting for it...but it would be great to do again and make it a girls weekend!

So, I apologize if this has been asked, but does anyone know the list of sponsor resorts? We camped at Fort Wilderness the last time for a family vacation and I just drove myself over. We have an opportunity to use a friend's DVC points for 2013, but that would mean renting a car I believe...unless one of the DVC properties is a sponsor resort.

The ESPNWOS web site link to resort info just brings me to the home page.

TIA!

Welcome new Princesses!

After all of this waiting, it's hard to believe that registration is tomorrow!

With all of this talk of submitting times for corral placement, when do we even find out about corral placement? Wouldn't that be closer to February?

Corral placement technically wont even be known until you pick up your bibs.

However- the past 2 years I emailed and asked what corral I was in and they told me. And last year one Princess got an email with the breakdown of bib numbers and corrals sent to them. So you may know ahead of the race, or not until Expo. Just depends on if they got tired of all us asking. ;)

You can submit times via email until Dec 1, then you have to bring them into the expo and they will move your corral then. It's an easy process, really.

Disney Visa- the Tinkerbell did not give a discount for the Visa usage. At least I didn't get one. I haven;t seen anything about Princess from Visa either.

Kristin- a couple of us called and were told by CMs that ALL resorts... ALL resorts... would be host hotels. But one other person called and got a conflicting answer. So it remains to be seen- but rumor has it that we can choose from any resort and they will have transpo. Wouldn't that be bad ***?

I'm SIGNING UP TOMORROW!!!!! I CANT WAIT!!!!!

Oh- and everyone watch Julie's video. It ROCKS. It was well timed to get people pumped about shelling out $$$ for the race Julie! :)

Heatherann, way to go. Just keep following the training and you will get there. You have all of us to support you!

FINALLY finished my race weekend video from last year's race. Its here or you can always find it on my blog which is by my signature.

http://youtu.be/0wrDvvDduUM

Your video made me cry. I want to do this so badly! I want that medal! I may watch your video every day for the next 230 days!

Kristin- a couple of us called and were told by CMs that ALL resorts... ALL resorts... would be host hotels. But one other person called and got a conflicting answer. So it remains to be seen- but rumor has it that we can choose from any resort and they will have transpo. Wouldn't that be bad ***?

Thanks for the info, that would be wicked bad *** if ALL resports had transpo! I will keep my fingers crossed!

Geez, my friend emails me 4 hours ago just dropping the suggestion and now I'm all ramped up for it! I hope we can make this work...it would be awesome on so many levels.

So I broke the news to my hubby last night that I wanted to do this. He thinks that I have lost my mind. He also thinks that I should know for sure that I can go 13.1 miles before I put the $$ out. He isn't much support in that department. He likes the idea of me trying to better myself. (he was the same way when I told him I wanted to do a 5K)

When I first started running in February I wasn't able to run for 30 seconds without feeling like I was going to die! In my second ever 5K a couple of weeks ago I averaged a 13.5 minute mile. I was very proud of myself. And it was HOT!!

So I guess I'm just rambeling... With or without his support I AM DOING THIS!!

:cutie:

You are doing great and I am sure he will start being more supportive. My DH is not a runner so he had a hard time even figuring out why I want to do this. He is getting a lot better though!

Hi All,

I ran the Princess in 2011 and my friend just pinged me about running it together in 2013! Still doing some bean counting for it...but it would be great to do again and make it a girls weekend!

So, I apologize if this has been asked, but does anyone know the list of sponsor resorts? We camped at Fort Wilderness the last time for a family vacation and I just drove myself over. We have an opportunity to use a friend's DVC points for 2013, but that would mean renting a car I believe...unless one of the DVC properties is a sponsor resort.

The ESPNWOS web site link to resort info just brings me to the home page.

TIA!

Also, last year, AKL, BC, BW and SSR were all host resorts/DVD properties so even if our information when we called wasn't right you should be able to find a DVC host resort or you can always take a cab that morning!

Cabs are running at 3:00 - 4:00 am there? Wow -- up here that's definitely not the norm *(at least there wouldn't be nearly enough cabs to accommodate a ton of people like the PHM have!)

Oh- and everyone watch Julie's video. It ROCKS. It was well timed to get people pumped about shelling out $$$ for the race Julie! :)

Thanks! and for that Disney should give me a free race :rotfl::rotfl: Well....many not considering I have Fresh Beat Band music. ;)

Cantwaitvaca.....are you in the Space Mtn photo?

Your video made me cry. I want to do this so badly! I want that medal! I may watch your video every day for the next 230 days!

I loved other people's videos so I said I was going to do one....better late than never. I stopped SO much and believe it or not, I was faster this year than last...though I was injured last year and just happy to be limping along to the finish. Amy is alot faster than me and decided it would be more fun to do the race together....she was right...though we seriously loved the race the first year we both went at our own pace.

Thank you for all the support ladies!!! It really means a lot!!

I can't register tomorrow, but am super excited for those of you that are!!

Cabs are running at 3:00 - 4:00 am there? Wow -- up here that's definitely not the norm *(at least there wouldn't be nearly enough cabs to accommodate a ton of people like the PHM have!)

I think that Bell Services could call one for you if you were at a non host resort. It isn't like everyone would be needing one!

I loved other people's videos so I said I was going to do one....better late than never. I stopped SO much and believe it or not, I was faster this year than last...though I was injured last year and just happy to be limping along to the finish. Amy is alot faster than me and decided it would be more fun to do the race together....she was right...though we seriously loved the race the first year we both went at our own pace.

That WAS a great video! Thank you for posting this....like mahipp, I will probably be watching it every day too, until the actual race.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter