• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The *NEW* Coronado Springs FAQ Thread (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Buzz,

My sister and I are going to Disney the end of April, beginning of May. We're booked to stay at CSR and have requested a Casitas Room. My question doesn't really involved anything related to the resort but thought you could help. I'm looking at the EMH for Epcot and noticing that for the evening ones, what time would they start/end the EMH because Future World and World Showcase Close at different times. Would they begin after Illuminations?

Thanks!
Evening Extra Magic Hours typically extend three hours beyond a park's scheduled closing time. I assume if Future World is closing at 7:00pm, then it would be 3 hours past that or 10:00pm.

Hi All!

We went Dec 9-15 and stayed at CSR! I will tell you we had a GREAT room and thank you BUZZ for your tips on room choices!!! We had Cabanas 1st Floor 8A, corner room right by the main pool. This was great for the kids going to the pool and loved our view! :goodvibes I am hoping to return again in December! Working on the hubby!:goodvibes We decorated our window and we had 2 windows being a corner room. My girls and I enjoyed decorating it! I am hoping some codes come out for us to go back. :) Here are some shots I took! I LOVE this Resort!

Sorry they are small. I am really confused as to why they are small. Anyone know? Is it something I have to do on Photobucket to make larger?

Our Room:
IMG_3795.jpg

IMG_4696.jpg

Our view:
IMG_3806.jpg

My girls & I with our view behind us:
IMG_3827.jpg

Our window:
IMG_4392.jpg

IMG_4147.jpg

IMG_4097.jpg

IMG_3901.jpg

The bridge that goes straight to Pepper Market & Lobby:
IMG_4404.jpg

IMG_4399.jpg

IMG_4397.jpg

IMG_4398.jpg

IMG_4701.jpg

IMG_4698.jpg

Hi All!

We went Dec 9-15 and stayed at CSR! I will tell you we had a GREAT room and thank you BUZZ for your tips on room choices!!! We had Cabanas 1st Floor 8A, corner room right by the main pool. This was great for the kids going to the pool and loved our view! :goodvibes I am hoping to return again in December! Working on the hubby!:goodvibes We decorated our window and we had 2 windows being a corner room. My girls and I enjoyed decorating it! I am hoping some codes come out for us to go back. :) Here are some shots I took! I LOVE this Resort!
Welcome back and thanks for sharing! The pics are great!!

Welcome back. So glad you had a great trip and loved the CSR as we do. Your pictures are terrific...and we can't wait to be back at the CSR in September.

Hi all! I've been lurking on these boards since 2002 when we planned our first adult trip to WDW. We camped at FW and had a great time thanks to the forums I stumbled across here. Now we have a DD3 who will visit WDW for the first time this May, right after her 4th birthday. I really struggled with what resort to choose and was at something of a loss until I found a link to Buzz's unofficial CSR site. After looking at all of his wonderful photos, I poked around the forums some more and decided that CSR would be the place for us. I've never stayed in a hotel at WDW (only camped at FW in actual tents, not an RV) so this will be a big change for me in the luxury department! Thanks to all who are so generous with the information they've gathered on their trips to WDW, and especially Buzz who puts so much effort into his site. Less seasoned travelers like me really get an idea of what to expect and how to plan, and I am a serious planner! I look forward to posting my own trip review in a few months.

Now I have a question about the resort. Since DD still really needs a nap each day, we'll always return to our room for a break after lunch. Since we have only one room, I'm wondering if there is anywhere DH and I can sit around that's outside of the room but still close by the room? I wish we could have afforded a deluxe so we could have a balcony, but it wasn't in our budget to do so. Since the rooms at CSR lead directly to the outside, is it a problem to put chairs outside our door to sit in, or are there benches or somewhere to sit close to the rooms? Just wondering if we'll have to take naps right along with her each day or if we can enjoy some quiet adult time outside but nearby the room. Thanks again for your help!

Hi all! I've been lurking on these boards since 2002 when we planned our first adult trip to WDW. We camped at FW and had a great time thanks to the forums I stumbled across here. Now we have a DD3 who will visit WDW for the first time this May, right after her 4th birthday. I really struggled with what resort to choose and was at something of a loss until I found a link to Buzz's unofficial CSR site. After looking at all of his wonderful photos, I poked around the forums some more and decided that CSR would be the place for us. I've never stayed in a hotel at WDW (only camped at FW in actual tents, not an RV) so this will be a big change for me in the luxury department! Thanks to all who are so generous with the information they've gathered on their trips to WDW, and especially Buzz who puts so much effort into his site. Less seasoned travelers like me really get an idea of what to expect and how to plan, and I am a serious planner! I look forward to posting my own trip review in a few months.

Now I have a question about the resort. Since DD still really needs a nap each day, we'll always return to our room for a break after lunch. Since we have only one room, I'm wondering if there is anywhere DH and I can sit around that's outside of the room but still close by the room? I wish we could have afforded a deluxe so we could have a balcony, but it wasn't in our budget to do so. Since the rooms at CSR lead directly to the outside, is it a problem to put chairs outside our door to sit in, or are there benches or somewhere to sit close to the rooms? Just wondering if we'll have to take naps right along with her each day or if we can enjoy some quiet adult time outside but nearby the room. Thanks again for your help!

Get a room where we were in Cabanas 8a. We were at a GREAT location! The Pool is literally 10 steps from our room and then you can relax on the hammocks right outside the room. :woohoo: So beautiful there!

Hello all! We are going to CSR for 12 nights in June!!! So excited, I can hardly wait.. DH is a big work-out buff. How is the gym's selection and does it cost resort guests anything to use the facilities?

We were in Casitas 5 and the hammock (see picture) was outside our door and directly across the walkway. Also there were benches right outside of our building.

Kathys50thBirthdayTrip012.jpg

We are staying at CSR for the first time 11/8-11/13. Does anyone know if the rehabs will be done by then?

Thanks!!;)

Hi All!

Sorry they are small. I am really confused as to why they are small. Anyone know? Is it something I have to do on Photobucket to make larger?

Our Room:
IMG_3795.jpg

IMG_4696.jpg

Our view:
IMG_3806.jpg

My girls & I with our view behind us:
IMG_3827.jpg

Our window:
IMG_4392.jpg

IMG_4147.jpg

IMG_4097.jpg

IMG_3901.jpg

The bridge that goes straight to Pepper Market & Lobby:
IMG_4404.jpg

IMG_4399.jpg

IMG_4397.jpg

IMG_4398.jpg

IMG_4701.jpg

IMG_4698.jpg
Nice photos! Glad you enjoyed CSR!!

Hi all! Just booked a stay for this weekend - never stayed at CSR before! Then I started to do some research and am wondering why I got such a great last minute deal - is the pool closed????? Also, I see several posters have thanked Buzz for the room recommendations, but I can't seem to find the post that has them! Where should we ask to stay if we want to be close to the pool - assuming its open? Any other things we should request?:confused3

Thanks so much! Excited about trying CSR!:thumbsup2

The pool is still open... and no one seems to know when it will be closed.

You just have to scroll through this FAQ to find the room recommendations. They are listed sever times.

I think there is also a section on Buzz's website that recommends rooms in terms of proximity to the Dig Site and to the main building.

Buuz, I have been a lurker for a while now. My family and I willl be traveling to WDW May 28-June 8. We already have a room booked, but after reading all your post along with everyone else's, I'm going to change my resort to CSR! It looks wonderful and my DH is very excited that there is watercraft rentals there. My kids, 12 & 9 can't wait to hit the pool! Here's my question: I keep hearing rumors about the pool closing. Do you know anything about that? I would hate to change resorts only to find out the pool is closed.
THANKS!!

This is the last thing that I've read. I'll be there in 24 more days and will try to get a definite answer.

My travel agent at Small World Vacations said "the pool at CSR is not and will not be going under any refurbishment" and she confirmed it with Disney this morning. She asked me if I got CSR's pool mixed up with CBR's as it (CBR) will be under construction until the fall. Hope that helps - it helps me feel better, that's for sure!

Hi all! Just booked a stay for this weekend - never stayed at CSR before! Then I started to do some research and am wondering why I got such a great last minute deal - is the pool closed????? Also, I see several posters have thanked Buzz for the room recommendations, but I can't seem to find the post that has them! Where should we ask to stay if we want to be close to the pool - assuming its open? Any other things we should request?:confused3

Thanks so much! Excited about trying CSR!:thumbsup2
Depending on what you want to be close to, here are some good building choices.

Cabana 9b is close to bus stop 1 and the main building with a short walk to the Dig Site (main pool) over the wooden bridge (most convenient location and most preferred).

Cabana 8a is close to the Dig Site (and playground) and bus stop 4 with a short walk to the main building (closest to the pool).

Cabana 8b and 9a are in between the 2 above. 9a has a quiet pool (and is the old smoking optional building).

Ranchos 7b has a quiet pool, is close to the Dig Site and bus stop 4 with a bit longer walk to the main building. 7b is behind cabana 8a.

Casita 1 is attached to the main building and is very close to the restaurants.

Casita 3 has great courtyard and fountain views but you will have to walk or ride the internal shuttle to get to the pool.

Casita 5 has some nice fountain and lake views and is close to the Dig Site but farther from the main building. Close to bus stop #2.

Make your room request as soon as you make your reservation. It’s never too early.

Thanks for the info! We are definitly going to switch resorts! Can't wait for May to get here!! I hope you have a great trip and look forward to hearing all about it when you get back!
Thanks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter