The *NEW* Coronado Springs FAQ Thread (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Buzz. Thanks for the quick reply! I think I am going to change my ressie from CBR to CSR anyway (because of the pool construction at CBR) But I called reservations and CSR directly, and they both told me there are no microwaves to request. Is this something they changed? Or are they just trying to discourage people from asking? Does anyone think I may be making a mistake to change my res? I know the CBR rooms are a little bigger and they also have double sinks, but since CSR is newer and there will be no construction work going on I'm hoping it will be a better experience in the long run. Thanks again for all the input!

Hey Buzz. Thanks for the quick reply! I think I am going to change my ressie from CBR to CSR anyway (because of the pool construction at CBR) But I called reservations and CSR directly, and they both told me there are no microwaves to request. Is this something they changed? Or are they just trying to discourage people from asking? Does anyone think I may be making a mistake to change my res? I know the CBR rooms are a little bigger and they also have double sinks, but since CSR is newer and there will be no construction work going on I'm hoping it will be a better experience in the long run. Thanks again for all the input!
You can only request at check in. CRO knows nothing about them. I'll double check in Feb during my trip.

I know it is on here somewhere but kind find it. Can someone tell me where to go to see what conventions will be a CSR when we are there March 6-12. Thank you.

I know it is on here somewhere but kind find it. Can someone tell me where to go to see what conventions will be a CSR when we are there March 6-12. Thank you.
Click on "2) Coronado Springs Info Sheet" in my signature and its the third clickable link down on the page.

I'm sure this question has been answered somewhere in this thread, but looking for it would be like finding a needle in a haystack! I know Pepper Market charges 10% gratutity for dine in. Is this included with your CS credit on DDP?

I'm sure this question has been answered somewhere in this thread, but looking for it would be like finding a needle in a haystack! I know Pepper Market charges 10% gratutity for dine in. Is this included with your CS credit on DDP?
The DDP price includes tax but does not include gratuity in 2008. That applies to all dining locations.

Just back from 3 weeks at CSR,and thanks Buzz for all your help,the resort is great.No problems at all.We had room 8660 in cabanas 8B which was ideal.Would definitely go again.:thumbsup2

The DDP price includes tax but does not include gratuity in 2008. That applies to all dining locations.

Thanks for your reply, Buzz! I know tip is not covered on TS meals for 2008 DDP, but I read on another thread that it was included at Pepper Market because it was the only CS that charged tip. I think that poster had been this month, but I can't remember for sure. Do you know anything about this? I guess you can tell us for sure after your Feb. trip.

Also, let me take the time to thank you for all your advice on CSR. I picked this moderate because of your website. My children are older now and I think they will love the atmosphere of CSR. I LOVE reading all the good reports!

well I did it!! I received a email yesterday for a 40% off discount for certain dates this year.....so I booked it today... I really didn't think we were going this year but dh says price was right.. we are booked for nov 9-15 water view rooms..hoping for cabanas section. can't wait.

well I did it!! I received a email yesterday for a 40% off discount for certain dates this year.....so I booked it today... I really didn't think we were going this year but dh says price was right.. we are booked for nov 9-15 water view rooms..hoping for cabanas section. can't wait.

That's great, what a deal!!:banana: :banana:

That's awesome!! I haven't rec'd one of those in a long time.

Hey everyone... i'm staying at CSR May 10 - 16 with my DH and DD (2).. I can't wait.... so what section is the one that is in the middle of pool and food area?????

Hey everyone... i'm staying at CSR May 10 - 16 with my DH and DD (2).. I can't wait.... so what section is the one that is in the middle of pool and food area?????
Depending on what you want to be close to, here are some good building choices.

Cabana 9b is close to bus stop 1 and the main building with a short walk to the Dig Site (main pool) over the wooden bridge (Most convenient location and most preferred).

Cabana 8a is close to the Dig Site (and playground) and bus stop 4 with a short walk to the main building (Closest to the Pool).

Cabana 8b and 9a are in between the 2 above. 9a has a quiet pool (and is the old smoking optional building).

Ranchos 7b has a quiet pool, is close to the Dig Site and bus stop 4 with a bit longer walk to the main building. 7b is behind cabana 8a.

Casita 1 is attached to the main building and is very close to the restaurants.

Casita 3 has great courtyard and fountain views but you will have to walk or ride the internal shuttle to get to the pool.

Casita 5 has some nice fountain and lake views and is close to the Dig Site but farther from the main building. Close to bus stop #2.

Thank you Buzz i think i'll try cabanas 9b if not casitas 1. hopefully i can one of these.... cross my fingers..... thank you for making the CSR website... because of the website i decided to stay at CSR instead of the other resort i had in mind...

Let me preface this by saying WE LOVED CSR!

We arrived 12/15...midday, and our room was ready. The hotel was not at all crowded despite the Salsa Championships. I actually spoke with one of the dancers, and she was very nice. We stayed in room 8220 in Cabanas 8A. This is not a building I requested, however, I would absolutely stay there again. It was always quiet, and my fiance and I remarked everyday how we never heard anyone.

We were extremely close to Bus stop 4, and only a short walk to El Centro. We had an upper floor room, on the corner. I had only asked for a limited view, but had this one from our room:

Transportation was wonderful, we never waited for any buses for more then 15 minutes, and they were never crowded. I think we got a seat each time we rode. We also loved the fact that the theme park bus stop was always the closest to the entrance. Our tired little feet REALLY appreciated it!

We only ate at Pepper Market one afternoon. It was alright...it wasn't crowded, but my fajitas took FOREVER. And, the guy was kinda rude when he gave me my food. Other then that, I can't really comment on the hotel food. Oh...except for the gelato from the little cafe next to Panchitos. It was excellent!

The pool was great (The Dig Site), we rode the water slide, and used the jacuzzi. Both were great.

The Concierge service was wonderful. They helped a lot with tickets, and last minute dining ressies, as well as easing my fears by telling me that the buses would start running early for my 8am ADR. The front desk told me the opposite,and said I would have to take a taxi. My only other complaint was our first day with mousekeeping. We got back at almost 4:30p, and our room was still not cleaned. I just called the front desk who said they would send someone, and my fiance and I went to the pool. When we got back it was all cleaned.

My overall rating of CSR was that it was AMAZING. My finace (who is pretty picky), loved the place. He kept telling me that I did a good job picking it out. He reiterated that we would be staying there again.
Thanks Buzz for all the words of wisdom!

I agree about the people at Pepper Market being very rude. The one that stands out was a woman in her late 20's it seemed. Be thankful if you didnt run into here.

Was also there from 12/15-12/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter