Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does CBR sleep 5 comfortably? considering a switch since we get FD

We have not stayed at CBR as a party of 5 yet, but have at POR. We were comfortable at POR and the rooms at CBR are bigger than POR, 340 sq. ft compared to 314 sq. ft, so I would assume it would be even a littler more so at CBR.

The entire resort is quiet really. There are no rooms that face the main feature pool where the afternoon pool parties are, so no worries about noise from that.

The closest non-preferred locations are Martinique 21, 22, 23, Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51. All of these locations are about a 3-4 minute stroll to OPR and the Main Pool.

How long would you estimate the walk from a Pirate room to OPR to be? Also, are they planning to refurb the pirate rooms to add queen beds? If so, do you know when that is projected to be completed? We stayed in Aruba last year in a refurbed room. It was GORGEOUS!

How long would you estimate the walk from a Pirate room to OPR to be?

From the furthest point of Trinidad South to OPR took me 11 minutes and that was with stopping to take some pictures along the way.

Also, are they planning to refurb the pirate rooms to add queen beds? If so, do you know when that is projected to be completed? We stayed in Aruba last year in a refurbed room. It was GORGEOUS!

I know there is a permit filed for rehab of the Pirate Rooms but I have no idea what exactly they are going to do to them. According to the Permit, the expected completion date is October 3rd, 2015.

You can swim in the quiet pools 24 x 7.

Yeah, I know. My middle prefers that. But my oldest just wants the water slide. And the way I had planned a lot of my days it was 10-11 swimming. He LOVED swimming at night.

How long are the hours 9am-11pm. We'll be there 9/4-9/12.

BTW...thanks so much for this thread! I love how you and the other CBR vets take so much of you time helping us have great vacations!!! I know for a fact my vacation would have been different last year without you all!

Yeah, I know. My middle prefers that. But my oldest just wants the water slide. And the way I had planned a lot of my days it was 10-11 swimming. He LOVED swimming at night.

How long are the hours 9am-11pm. We'll be there 9/4-9/12.

Normally until Labor Day. Then they will go to 9am-10PM until around the second week in January. Then it will be 10am-8pm.

From the furthest point of Trinidad South to OPR took me 11 minutes and that was with stopping to take some pictures along the way.

I know there is a permit filed for rehab of the Pirate Rooms but I have no idea what exactly they are going to do to them. According to the Permit, the expected completion date is October 3rd, 2015.

Ooooo the Pirate rooms are getting rehabed? I wonder what the changes are! Do they cost more?

Normally until Labor Day. Then they will go to 9am-10PM until around the second week in January. Then it will be 10am-8pm.

Okay...I only have to change about two of my night swims. And I can still do two and possibly three! Thanks so much!

Ooooo the Pirate rooms are getting rehabed? I wonder what the changes are! Do they cost more?

I know, everyone is wondering what they're going to do. Currently, the standard view Pirate Rooms are $70 more per night than a standard room. The Water view Pirate Rooms are $48 more per night than a standard Water view room.

I know, everyone is wondering what they're going to do. Currently, the standard view Pirate Rooms are $70 more per night than a standard room. The Water view Pirate Rooms are $48 more per night than a standard Water view room.

Eeek!

Thank you! Decisions, decisions....

Good morning! I see that some of ya'll were able to snag a room at CBR with the new free dining offer! Congratulations! I've updated the Beach Bum Roll call to include the latest posts. As always, if I missed your post, feel free to whack me on the back of the head and tell me to add ya.

I know that I've said it before but this new and improved Dis still doesn't feel new and improved to me. I'm not getting notifications like I used to so thanks to dansdad and the others for answering any questions that have been asked.

For those of you who ran into problems with the cheerleaders, I would encourage you to either write a letter and mail it to Disney or at least send them an email via their website. Unless they are made aware of the issues, they won't know they exist. I know first hand that they do listen to the complaints and will take steps to try and fix the problem in the future.

Thanks to those who have written reviews of their recent stays! I love reading abut what others thought of our home away from home!

Hi , Everyone Im new to this thread and havent had a chance to read it yet . We are staying at CBR in September in one of the rooms that sleep 5 with either a waterview or pool view. We booked Bounce Back Free Dining last summer the only moderate we have ever stayed at is POR and my son has been wanting to try CBR so we finally are ;) Can anyone tell me where these rooms are located or what the best locations are as we have a child that cannot walk very well and gets weakened muscles after walking for short periods of time . Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

I think that your post got lost amongst others that were posted. Water view rooms are located all over the resort in every village. I wonder if there's any way that you can call and see if you can change your room category to a preferred location? If not, will you have a wheelchair or scooter for the child? I would suggest that you request a non-preferred room in the village of Martinique. Your room would already be on the same side of the resort as Old Port Royale (the food court, main pool, etc.)

Roll call......December 19th-January 2nd. The kids and I are getting away to our happy place during the first anniversary of my husband's passing. Our first time at CBR. Looking forward to it.

What is the likelihood of getting a room with the extra bed if we are only a party of 4? It would save a lot of fighting at night if I can separate the kids.

Roll call......December 19th-January 2nd. The kids and I are getting away to our happy place during the first anniversary of my husband's passing. Our first time at CBR. Looking forward to it.

What is the likelihood of getting a room with the extra bed if we are only a party of 4? It would save a lot of fighting at night if I can separate the kids.

I'm so sorry for your loss. You made a great choice with CBR. It's really hard to say what your chances are of getting a room with a Murphy Bed. It all depends on how many parties of 5 are there when you are. To up your chances make that your only request.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter