• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back from my first trip to CBR and RoseMom's post inspired me.

Loved the resort. Was in a preferred room in Trinidad North. The renovations to the rooms were very nice, the Murphy Bed, the sliding doors to the bathroom, all very nice. Room was super clean and housekeeping was good. It is a HUGE resort as I found out walking around.

Had issues getting my luggage as I alluded to in my previous post. Nothing Magical or Express about Magical Express but I don't think that is an issue with this resort as it seems to happen everywhere. "3 hours from when you arrive at your resort", try about 7. Of course it's free so it's tough to complain. Bus ride was slow to board and leave the airport as well.

Cheerleaders. They were there towards the end of the week. As were a lot of school groups. These cheer groups, especially the HS and more specifically college ones, really caused havoc at the pool with about 15-20 sitting in one hot tub and making it impossible to get in with them (not that I wanted to). It was like the scene in Caddyshack when they let the caddies in for an hour at the Bushwood Country Club pool. The language was just pathetic and they acted like the trash.

We loved the main pool and the bigger slide IMO was the best one I've been on at a resort I believe (and nice at night!). Pool games were also fun, the young ladies that work there and do these activities really are terrific and I say that across multiple resorts.

The smoking area near the pool bar unfortunately made it tough to be in the hot tub on the other side of the smoking area, not sure why they would have a smoking area right near that.

Grounds were manicured nicely, very clean resort IMO.

Buses were great. We never waited that long. Trips to HS and EP were very quick. The other parks were not very long rides either.

Had a very magical trip and I was very impressed with the resort. Whether we stay here again or not I don't know but we were very happy with it.

Did they change the hours? Last year it was open until 11. At least I could have sworn it was.

Well, I'm no longer going to be a beach bum. :sad2: The standard rooms were sold out under the free dining promo for our dates, so we've swapped to CSR. Hopefully someone will cancel their FD package at CBR, and I'll be able to snag it.

Just curious what everyone's thoughts were on section preference. I have a King Bed Room and I know Trinidad South doesn't have those rooms so when it comes time for me to request a room location etc...What do you recommend for something on the quiet side and away from the commotion but not too far from the main area? Thanks.

Just booked a Pool/Water view FD package for December for DH and I - eep! I love the refurbished rooms and the resort appeals to me too.
We are staying in CSR in 12 days but think it will be fun to stay at a different resort in several months. I can't believe I'm doing this lol

i booked pool/water view for December as well, have never been to WDW ugh!!
What section should I request? was thinking Jamaica, after reading so much about this resort I am totally confused lol.
How do I request the section I want?

Can I be added to the Roll Call? DH and I just booked a free dining trip from Sept 26-Oct 4! I booked at 7:04 and they we already showing just king size rooms, luckily that's what we wanted. I've stayed at CB a few times and it was our first choice if free dining came out. We had POP booked originally, but if we were going to have to pay to upgrade the dining, we might as well just get the better room instead!

Laurie

Can I be added to the Roll Call? DH and I just booked a free dining trip from Sept 26-Oct 4! I booked at 7:04 and they we already showing just king size rooms, luckily that's what we wanted. I've stayed at CB a few times and it was our first choice if free dining came out. We had POP booked originally, but if we were going to have to pay to upgrade the dining, we might as well just get the better room instead!

Laurie

I agree great choice!! We upgraded our upcoming POP trip to CSR because that's all they had to upgrade 17 days out at a moderate but I'm really excited to see CBR in December now ! We got the dining plan with our spring offer
( paid obviously) so excited to get such a good deal at another moderate for December with dining since DH and I do love to eat and we can hit up new places we couldn't fit this trip. Let the gift card hoarding begin!

Just had to switch from a preferred room to a King Bed room in order to get free dining. Where are these King rooms located? By all means I couldn't pass up free dining, and it's only DH and I anyways so it still all works out.

Just curious what everyone's thoughts were on section preference. I have a King Bed Room and I know Trinidad South doesn't have those rooms so when it comes time for me to request a room location etc...What do you recommend for something on the quiet side and away from the commotion but not too far from the main area? Thanks.

The entire resort is quiet really. There are no rooms that face the main feature pool where the afternoon pool parties are, so no worries about noise from that.

The closest non-preferred locations are Martinique 21, 22, 23, Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51. All of these locations are about a 3-4 minute stroll to OPR and the Main Pool.

Just had to switch from a preferred room to a King Bed room in order to get free dining. Where are these King rooms located? By all means I couldn't pass up free dining, and it's only DH and I anyways so it still all works out.

There are King rooms in every building except the buildings in Trinidad South as those are the Pirate Themed rooms and all have 2 doubles for now.

i booked pool/water view for December as well, have never been to WDW ugh!!
What section should I request? was thinking Jamaica.

Jamaica is an excellent choice. Jamaica 45 is our favorite location. It is a very short 3-4 minute stroll across the bridge to OPR and the Main Pool. It's a lovely walk too especially in the AM as the sun is rising over OPR.

How do I request the section I want?

I prefer to call the main reservation line and have our room requests added to our reservation. This can be done anytime from the day you book up until 4-5 days prior to your arrival. Rooms are assigned 2-3 days out so make sure they are listed before then.

You can also add some room requests during online check in. However, those are predetermined and limited so I prefer to call.

Are the pools warm enough to swim in during the end of October? We've never been in October before so I wasn't sure. Though we are from New England where the water is always cold to me so maybe it won't matter! Hehe

Are the pools warm enough to swim in during the end of October? We've never been in October before so I wasn't sure. Though we are from New England where the water is always cold to me so maybe it won't matter! Hehe

All WDW pools are heated to 82 degrees. The end of October has been our week the last 4 trips. It has definitely been swimming weather during those trips. It's been around 80-85 during the day. We even hit the pool every night, sometimes well after midnight and were never cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter