• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of curiosity if we have a water/pool view booked - are there more pool view or lake view available ? I will be requesting lake view but obviously fine with either which is why I selected that category. Thanks in advance :)

There's a map in post #1. All the rooms inTrinidad North and all roons in Martinique 24, 25 and 26 are preferred.

There's water view rooms in every building. They will be in the areas facing the lake or a quiet pool.

Thank you!! :)

Wanted to let you all know that I was just saw a post on Facebook from another site. He went to the CBR and asked about the pirate room refurbs. He was told that it is just a soft refurb...replacing mattresses, touch-ups, etc. Will keep you posted when or if I see anything else.
Here are our dates for the roll call. I posted this just after your last update, so bad timing on my part. Thanks so much for making this amazing thread happen!!!

Time to make it official!! (I may be the most prolific lurker on the boards.) We'll be at CBR June 9-17. This is our first time at CBR and everyone is really excited.

Another roll call. Dec 19-Dec 25, 2015. Super excited to visit with our family of 5. On our last visit we did POR which I loved. We were a family of 4 the last time we stayed at CBR.

We got the free dining but had to pick a preferred room. Are there any preferred rooms that we should request?

I was having a hard time getting ressies today. I wasn't able to complete until 4:30 pm. We wanted through December 26 but it wasn't available , hopefully we will be able to add it later.

I am getting ready to cancel my ADR'S here in a few minutes as I had to change my dates. I had BOG on 10/16 if anyone is looking for it. It was at 4:20. Hope it helps someone!

Another lurker coming out to chime in for roll call! I was lucky enough to snag a standard room as well as FD this morning (my sister called me at 4:30am, we are a Disney-obsessed family!), and will be heading "home" Oct. 30-Nov. 5th!

We love CBR, this will be our third stay! I found this thread so helpful when I was planning our first stay at CBR in November of last year, I'm glad to be back!

Lisa, I see you did not add my dates yet so, please don't bother. :( We won't be coming home in Sept. because they had absolutely nothing but pirate rooms for me. Not going to happen with hubby and I alone.

We are booked at CBR from 10/25-11/1. I made the reservation in February well in advance of our trip. I chose these dates for one because I knew there would be a good chance of the free dining being offered as I've kept track of previous years and also because my kids have off 2 days of school that week so they would only miss 3 days. When I first checked my phone this morning I got an alert from mousesavers that the free dining dates had just been released. So I read the small print and saw our date was part of the plan. I called my ta to tell see if I could get the adjustment. Turns out she is on vacation so I got transferred to another agent, this was 9 am when they just got into work. She didn't even know the dates had been released so she called for me. She called me back 3 hours later (that's how long she said she was on hold) and said I could get the savings of $609 from the free dining but all that was left was Pirate rooms. Well I don't want a pirate room. My six year old is afraid of pirates for one thing and I've read most of this thread and the majority of people don't like them, that the mattresses are thin and hard and the rooms haven't been refurbished. To me this is not an upgrade. We have 2 boys who won't sleep with each other and were hoping for the rooms with the murphy bed and have been newly refurbished. To me this just don't seem right. To book that far in advance and get this as the result. So now we are looking at vacation homes in the area and plan to bring food into the parks and leave at dinner each night and go to a restaurant outside WDW. Can it really be that busy this week. I know it's Halloween and all.

so after alot of time today i was finally about to modify our reservation to get the free dining plan so now we are staying here from Nov11-19 we have never stayed at this resort but i have read some good stuff about it.

We are booked at CBR from 10/25-11/1. I made the reservation in February well in advance of our trip. I chose these dates for one because I knew there would be a good chance of the free dining being offered as I've kept track of previous years and also because my kids have off 2 days of school that week so they would only miss 3 days. When I first checked my phone this morning I got an alert from mousesavers that the free dining dates had just been released. So I read the small print and saw our date was part of the plan. I called my ta to tell see if I could get the adjustment. Turns out she is on vacation so I got transferred to another agent, this was 9 am when they just got into work. She didn't even know the dates had been released so she called for me. She called me back 3 hours later (that's how long she said she was on hold) and said I could get the savings of $609 from the free dining but all that was left was Pirate rooms. Well I don't want a pirate room. My six year old is afraid of pirates for one thing and I've read most of this thread and the majority of people don't like them, that the mattresses are thin and hard and the rooms haven't been refurbished. To me this is not an upgrade. We have 2 boys who won't sleep with each other and were hoping for the rooms with the murphy bed and have been newly refurbished. To me this just don't seem right. To book that far in advance and get this as the result. So now we are looking at vacation homes in the area and plan to bring food into the parks and leave at dinner each night and go to a restaurant outside WDW. Can it really be that busy this week. I know it's Halloween and all.

With so many people doing the exact same thing you did, it really affects the number of rooms released for Free Dining. Disney sees 75% of the resort is already booked up, they only release a small amount of rooms for Free Dining. The resorts themselves are who pay for the Dining Plan for each guest staying during Free Dining. There is no need for them to do that for a bunch of rooms if they are already filled.

so after alot of time today i was finally about to modify our reservation to get the free dining plan so now we are staying here from Nov11-19 we have never stayed at this resort but i have read some good stuff about it.

You've made an excellent choice! CBR is our favorite moderate by far. We had to switch to CBR for Free Dining years ago and haven't been able to go back to POFQ or POR ever since.

You've made an excellent choice! CBR is our favorite moderate by far. We had to switch to CBR for Free Dining years ago and haven't been able to go back to POFQ or POR ever since.

thanks but POFQ will always be out home resort because that's were we spent out honeymoon

Hi, I'm new here :yay: We will be staying at CBR for the first time this September---9/24-10/2 to be exact. For those only finding Pirate rooms available-try adding days to your search. We are booked on a BB from last year but I was trying to book 9/24-9/28 for family that would like to meet up with us. It kept showing pirate rooms only (not so fun for adult couples!). I messed with dates a bit and added an additional 2 nights and it showed availability for my days. I don't know why adding days gave me availability since we were already at the minimum but it worked so I hope it will work for someone else too. We will call in a few days and (hopefully) have a CM cut off the extra days.
Side point: As someone who will not be sharing a room with anyone but my DH (first time ever on a vacation between kids and family:worship:) what are the chances of being 'upgraded' to a King bed when you check in and they see you are just 2 people? I am stubborn and refusing to pay extra for a king bed.

Hi, I'm new here :yay: We will be staying at CBR for the first time this September---9/24-10/2 to be exact. For those only finding Pirate rooms available-try adding days to your search. We are booked on a BB from last year but I was trying to book 9/24-9/28 for family that would like to meet up with us. It kept showing pirate rooms only (not so fun for adult couples!). I messed with dates a bit and added an additional 2 nights and it showed availability for my days. I don't know why adding days gave me availability since we were already at the minimum but it worked so I hope it will work for someone else too. We will call in a few days and (hopefully) have a CM cut off the extra days.

There have been 3-4 different threads about Disney's change in policy when it comes to removing days from your trip. Apparently, they will no longer just remove days from your trip. In order to shorten your trip, you will have to cancel your current trip and rebook a trip at the shorter amount of days IF there is availability. I do not have personal experience with this new policy, but like I said there are a couple threads about this here on the DIS and people are NOT happy about it. Your experience may be different, but I wanted you to be prepared just in case.
Side point: As someone who will not be sharing a room with anyone but my DH (first time ever on a vacation between kids and family:worship:) what are the chances of being 'upgraded' to a King bed when you check in and they see you are just 2 people? I am stubborn and refusing to pay extra for a king bed.

You can always ask, but your odds are pretty slim. They're pretty stubborn about making extra $$ when they can.

It's official; we are booked at CBR this fall!!

Party of three adults September 13-18 in a preferred room!!!

I'm so excited I could scream.

I am so sorry! I know the feeling. I gave up hope yesterday and then I get on there this morning and it had an opening for a king room at CBR for Sept 25 - Oct 3! We are just going to add that one day and stay where we want. I can't believe I got so lucky! Now I just need to cancel my AS Sports ressie. Don't give up hope..keep looking and you might get lucky like I did!

So my Disney TA didn't get through early enough yesterday so FD wasn't available for our standard room ressie at CBR. The only option for FD was the pirate room. Wahhhh!

We're there from 10/1-10/7. Is there any chance a standard room FD would ever open up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter