The New Caribbean Beach FAQ Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am really sweating this. We have an ADR on a Saturday night in DTD:scared1: not sure if it would be better to drive or take bus. I don't care about parking in across street lots, if we can even get that. But I hate the bus stops at DTD going back. It's a mess with everyone huddled together pushing and shoving to get on the bus. I'd cancel all together, but it was my moms pick, and it's her birthday. Haven't taken a bus to DTD in years, we always drive, now I'm re-thinking....

I would recommend NOT taking the bus home from DTD. Busses always packed and take FOREVER.

We check in on Sunday :cool1: I requested Jamaica . My kids are taller than me so the bigger beds would be nice. So if you do online check in you go right to the room after they email you? You get in with the magic bands? Not sure if I have that right.

So excited!

Just realized I have been on the boards for 10!years this month:cool1:

The new rooms look very nice, but I can't help but think they are not very themed. To me they look like what WDW should have done at the Poly, instead of all of that white and those silly word pillows.

To me, the Caribbean should be bright and bold. Like flowers.:flower3:

We will be at Disney in 11 days!

We travel as a family of 5 so we have never been able to stay at CBR, although we visited there and thought it was lovely.

Now I'm thinking about booking the BB for next year at CBR while we are there. Since they aren't booking parties of 5 yet, do you think I could book the BB for 4 and then add the other when they start booking parties of 5?

The alternative is to book at deluxe with the BB (or POR) and then switch to CBR. Do you know if they let you make change to BB?

Thanks!

Yes you can make changes to a BB offer. You can add people after the fact or you can change resorts too. As long as the resort you want to switch to was part of the original BB offer and has availability, you're fine.

My husband and I will be at CBR for the first time November 18 to 26. Please list us too. Can't wait, especially after reading positive reviews by you. You don't know how much that makes us feel better about this resort:thumbsup2

You're dates have already been added.

Can you please add my trip to the master list? We are staying at CBR from Sept 24-30. Thanks!

Welcome! You've been added.

Oh, and I asked a CM about the room renovations. I was told they are taking one village at a time. Started with Jamaica, then moved to Aruba and will be making there way around in that order. Each village is expected to take about 2-3 mths is what I was told.

Thanks for this! I had figured that it took 2 months to complete Jamaica.

What building name and number are these from??

Jamaica, not sure what building in Jamaica but all of Jamaica has been completed.

We check in on Sunday :cool1: I requested Jamaica . My kids are taller than me so the bigger beds would be nice. So if you do online check in you go right to the room after they email you? You get in with the magic bands? Not sure if I have that right.

So excited!

No, if after completing online check in you received a message stating that you are eligible for "Streamlined Check In" you will receive an email or text with your room number. But when you arrive you will have to go to the "Streamlined Check In" kiosk and show your ID before heading to your room.

If you did not receive the message about being eligible for "Streamlined Check In" you will have to go to the Online Check In desk.

Just realized I have been on the boards for 10!years this month:cool1:

Whoohoo! Congrats. :thumbsup2

I'm not complaining, because you "gotta love" a refurbed room, but those beds look so plain and well, white! I thought they had a colored coverlet scarf (or whatever you call them at the end of the bed).

I agree. It looks as if they've forgotten to put the blankets or whatever on the bed (ie looks like a bottom sheet only).

I'm still waiting to see a picture of the furniture in a non-Murphy bed rooom!

Jamaica, not sure what building in Jamaica but all of Jamaica has been completed.

No, if after completing online check in you received a message stating that you are eligible for "Streamlined Check In" you will receive an email or text with your room number. But when you arrive you will have to go to the "Streamlined Check In" kiosk and show your ID before heading to your room.

If you did not receive the message about being eligible for "Streamlined Check In" you will have to go to the Online Check In

Whoohoo! Congrats. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the info!

Thanks dandad. The info was most helpful!

I must admit I only come here when trip planning. You get the best help on the dis:cool1:

I love the football field reference. DS is dying to stay in the pirate rooms, its his dream trip so we are going to stay there on our upcoming trip in 94 days but I am slightly concerned about the walk from the main pool and OPR. I am going to request building 34 since it is the first building with the pirate rooms but we know that those are never guaranteed. Not a big deal if we don't get it but I would love someone's estimate of the distance from those buildings to OPR. A football field, a football field and a half?

I love the football field reference. DS is dying to stay in the pirate rooms, its his dream trip so we are going to stay there on our upcoming trip in 94 days but I am slightly concerned about the walk from the main pool and OPR. I am going to request building 34 since it is the first building with the pirate rooms but we know that those are never guaranteed. Not a big deal if we don't get it but I would love someone's estimate of the distance from those buildings to OPR. A football field, a football field and a half?

From Building 34 to OPR is about 512 yards, so just over 5 football fields.

In at least 2 pictures from the Photobucket link on page 1 you can clearly see that the bed has a decorative foot coverlet, and what looks like a roll pillow. IDK, what happened to those? Sorry, but to me it just looks off; however, I still requested Jamaica for my upcoming trip. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter