The New Caribbean Beach FAQ Part VII

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by dansdad, Jun 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

Thanks for correcting me. I was doing 5 different things at once and completely confused feet and yards and was dividing the number of yards by 3. I have corrected my previous posts. Thanks again.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. dis_guy

dis_guy DIS Veteran

110 here in Canada.;)

I think dansdad is thinking in feet... :)

ETA: Ah. now I see dansdad's previous post.

4. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

I was! I was thinking I was measuring in feet then had to convert to yards but I was actually measuring in yards. That's what I get for multi-tasking. I don't know how my wife does it. :eek:

5. dis_guy

dis_guy DIS Veteran

I think multitasking is largely a myth anyway. In the computer world it's called preemptive multitasking which means that each task is constantly interrupted to give the illusion of simultaneous operation. There's a reason airlines pay to have two pilots in their planes. One to fly, the other to handle the radio and everything else. No "multitasking" allowed there. :)

6. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

I tend to agree with you. I'll just keep that theory to myself in my house though. :duck: :rolleyes1

7. dis_guy

dis_guy DIS Veteran

Smart man. The voice of experience, no doubt. :rotfl:

8. connie1042

connie1042 DIS Veteran

Please add me to the list. Sept. 19-27. Requested Martinique 26

9. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

Don't you know it!

Welcome! You've been added.

10. caperkathy

caperkathy Earning My Ears

What is the name of that website where you can check out where rooms are located? I can't remember. You know where you can check out which rooms are king rooms or water view rooms.

11. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

Here you go.

http://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/..._distance]=any&filters[ug]=&filters[view]=any

Just be aware that the tool is not 100% accurate. When searching for all the King rooms, there were 13 buildings that were showing zero King rooms in them. I know for a fact that every building has some King rooms in them.

12. caperkathy

caperkathy Earning My Ears

13. Deb123

Deb123 Mouseketeer

This resort is really great! We are AP holders for several years now with 50 plus trips to Disney. I was always hesitant about staying here, but so glad I took a chance. Any bad reviews are crazy! This place is pristine clean, and the CM's here are wonderful! The grounds truly make you fell as if you were in a tropical paradise! I go for a morning walk/run every morning and watching the sun rise around the lake and villages is Awesome! What a way to start my day!:)

14. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

I couldn't agree more!

15. BABY_EINSTEIN'S_MOM

BABY_EINSTEIN'S_MOM DIS Veteran

I'm finally going to call today to put in my room request. My main goal is queen size beds...so would my chances be better if I just requested refurbished or if I requested refurbished and Jamaica?

16. mickeystoontown

mickeystoontown DIS Veteran

Deb123 emailed more pictures to me! I'll post them as soon as they are uploaded to photobucket.

17. MsMinnieMouse246

MsMinnieMouse246 Mouseketeer

I can't wait to see them!!! Getting more and more excited!! Did the online check in last week!

18. dis_guy

dis_guy DIS Veteran

+1 :thumbsup2

I've often thought that Disney's "best kept secret" was CBR, not DVC. :)

19. mickeystoontown

mickeystoontown DIS Veteran

More pictures from Deb123 :cool1:

I believe that I posted these yesterday but I thought that the pictures gave a good view of the walking space/area between the pull down bed and the new queen beds.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Deb123 also took pictures of the cases in the grab 'n go section and one in the store as well as one of the playground. :thumbsup2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. bellebookworm9

bellebookworm9 Future Au.D.

I've been using this tool as well. It does show that every *village* has king rooms (except Trinidad South, of course), just not every building.

21. Shaden

Shaden DIS Veteran

Deb123 and Mickeystoontown !!! Thank you for posting ! Awesome pics, suddenly CBR is under high consideration for our next trip :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.