• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The New Caribbean Beach FAQ Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will be at Disney in 11 days!

We travel as a family of 5 so we have never been able to stay at CBR, although we visited there and thought it was lovely.

Now I'm thinking about booking the BB for next year at CBR while we are there. Since they aren't booking parties of 5 yet, do you think I could book the BB for 4 and then add the other when they start booking parties of 5?

The alternative is to book at deluxe with the BB (or POR) and then switch to CBR. Do you know if they let you make change to BB?

Thanks!

My husband and I will be at CBR for the first time November 18 to 26. Please list us too. Can't wait, especially after reading positive reviews by you. You don't know how much that makes us feel better about this resort:thumbsup2

We are here right now in a renovated room in Jamaica. These rooms are great, love them! Glad I took a chance on this resort. One thing though, there is no foot runner on the bed?? There is currently construction going on in Aruba. Anything else anyone want to know?

Does it look like they started on Martinique? Does your room have a murphy bed? If so, can you post a picture of it open? I want to see if it would work for my 3 year old. Thanks!

We are here right now in a renovated room in Jamaica. These rooms are great, love them! Glad I took a chance on this resort. One thing though, there is no foot runner on the bed?? There is currently construction going on in Aruba. Anything else anyone want to know?

Please take pictures of your room and the resort to share when you get back! If you happen to talk to any castmembers, see if they'll give you a time frame of when they believe construction will be completed. I know that there are quite a few Disers who will be arriving before May, 2015 (when the permit runs out) and are quite anxious to know.

Does it look like they started on Martinique? Does your room have a murphy bed? If so, can you post a picture of it open? I want to see if it would work for my 3 year old. Thanks!

No, no construction is going on at Martinique. Only Aruba right now.

Please take pictures of your room and the resort to share when you get back! If you happen to talk to any castmembers, see if they'll give you a time frame of when they believe construction will be completed. I know that there are quite a few Disers who will be arriving before May, 2015 (when the permit runs out) and are quite anxious to know.

I have pics of our room, but don't know how to put on here. I can email them to you or text if you want me too. We are in our room relaxing right now.

Oh, and I asked a CM about the room renovations. I was told they are taking one village at a time. Started with Jamaica, then moved to Aruba and will be making there way around in that order. Each village is expected to take about 2-3 mths is what I was told.

I have pics of our room, but don't know how to put on here. I can email them to you or text if you want me too. We are in our room relaxing right now.

That would be great! I will send you a private message with my email and then I can share them here if you don't mind.

Oh, and I asked a CM about the room renovations. I was told they are taking one village at a time. Started with Jamaica, then moved to Aruba and will be making there way around in that order. Each village is expected to take about 2-3 mths is what I was told.

Thank you for the info! That's what I was told way before they even started construction. Sounds like they are sticking with their original plan. Sending you a private message now.

Right now I have requested Martinique building #22 because of its proximity to the main pool and food court. But now that I know Aruba and Jamaica have been refurbished, I think I might want to switch to Aruba #51 or Jamaica #45 (they also seem close to the main pool). Any opinions on which is better? I'd love to get one with a murphy bed - I wonder if that will be an additional cost.

Right now I have requested Martinique building #22 because of its proximity to the main pool and food court. But now that I know Aruba and Jamaica have been refurbished, I think I might want to switch to Aruba #51 or Jamaica #45 (they also seem close to the main pool). Any opinions on which is better?

We are in a standard room Jamaica. You can't go wrong with Jamaica or Aruba imo. Both of these are close to the bridge that takes you right to everything. It's a beautiful walk.

Great! I just sent you a PM as well. You can share on here. I am very pleased with our room and this resort!

Got the PM and the pictures! I'm uploading them to photobucket now and will share as soon as they are done. Thanks again!

Right now I have requested Martinique building #22 because of its proximity to the main pool and food court. But now that I know Aruba and Jamaica have been refurbished, I think I might want to switch to Aruba #51 or Jamaica #45 (they also seem close to the main pool). Any opinions on which is better?

If you aren't paying for a preferred room, then, I'd suggest requesting a refurbished room. We have stayed in each of the Jamaica buildings, in Aruba once and all but one of the Martinique buildings. To us, there's really no difference (with the exception of the preferred rooms) but we seem to like the village of Jamaica a bit more.

Wow!! These are wonderful pictures and nice to see what the rooms look like with the new furniture. We requested Jamaica so I hope we get that. I have trouble with my hips and walking long distances causes pain- none of preferred rooms were avail so we have water view booked- hoping they will give me Jamaica- 45 but I know its popular with requests so we shall see. Our flight arrives early too around 1230 PM so we should be at resort by 1 PM We can't wait now. Thanks Deb123 for the pics they make me so excited. :yay:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter