The New Caribbean Beach FAQ Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, our two week trip is now down to just two days left. I have walked by Jamaica 41 several times but it still being closely guarded. Security guards on both the parking lot side and lake side. As I said before I can tell that the lighting has been changed out. As we drove by a few minutes ago, I could see a little into one of the rooms and it looked like possible new furniture but it was hard to tell. They have the majority of the curtains completely drawn on the rooms. I am not giving up yet on trying to get more info during our last two days.

Well, our two week trip is now down to just two days left. I have walked by Jamaica 41 several times but it still being closely guarded. Security guards on both the parking lot side and lake side. As I said before I can tell that the lighting has been changed out. As we drove by a few minutes ago, I could see a little into one of the rooms and it looked like possible new furniture but it was hard to tell. They have the majority of the curtains completely drawn on the rooms. I am not giving up yet on trying to get more info during our last two days.

You just need some better spy equipment!! ::yes::

WOW so hard to believe your trip is down to 2 days!!!! how quickly the time goes. I have not stopped thinking of how I can get back there since we left. amazingly I got a text just yesterday informing me of a confrence in Tampa October 8th through the 10th. It would give me a chance to get 26 of my reqired 32 CEU's. I told my husband about it jokingly and he said," why not go". It is only 1hour and 15 minutes from Disney. the more I thought about the idea the more excited I got! I even told my sister in law about it and she said she would go with and we could make it an all girls trip. She said she could hang out at the pool while I was at the confrence. Now I am really really thinking about it. Free dining would not be offered during those dates. Do you know of any other discounts that may come out for those dates?

Hi everyone, first post I have done. Me and husband will be staying at CBR 6th - 20th October. We have booked a preferred room so hoping we get a newly decorated room, fingers crossed.

Hi everyone, first post I have done. Me and husband will be staying at CBR 6th - 20th October. We have booked a preferred room so hoping we get a newly decorated room, fingers crossed.

Welcome to the Dis! :jumping1:

This will be our first time staying at CBR... I have my fingers crossed for you! Good Karma and all..:lmao:

I've appreciated all the posts you have been doing! Hope you enjoy the last couple of days (and maybe get a sneak peak into a room).

We'll be there for our first stay at CBR Nov 14 - 23!

Welcome! I have feeling it won't be your last.

Thanks for the new thread!

We'll be back at CBR 18-30 October 2015! Bit of a wait but it's going to be even more exciting as we will be on our honeymoon!

:cool1:

You're welcome. Nothing like planning ahead!

Thanks for this!! We will be staying at CBR December 12-19. It will be our first time staying in a moderate and I am so excited for it to be CBR!!! :cool1:

You're welcome. After our first moderate stay, we haven't been able to go back.

We arrive Oct 9th for 2 weeks! 3rd trip to Disney but first time at CBR!! DH picked this hotel and I wasn't sure but all these threads have got me so excited to be staying here!! Lots of excellent info, thanks to all who keep us well informed!!

Welcome! We've been working our way up to a 2 week stay. Glad to help out.

I've tried 3 different ways of copying links to my Photobucket photos into an email to you, but it just won't work.

Can you change 'Sparkly' 1-15th March to "Toffeewoffy and Sparkly" 1-15th March, as she's my daughter.

Thanks.

Done! Could you post your pics here and then I'll copy them to the first page?

We'll be there July 17th -24th. Our 5th visit to CBR, we love it!

Nice. It's hard to say anywhere else once CBR grabs you.

Do they have an age limit for the marshmallow roast? And poolside games? Girls will be 11 and 13. They loved the marshmallow roasting and poolside activities on our last trip (at CSR - was 2 years ago).

:bitelip:

As mcd2745 and mickeystoontown stated there's no age limit. My wife went by herself while our DS and I were swimming.

New to forum, love hearing all about Disney!!! I am returning to Disney World. The last and only time I was there was in 1983. I can't wait!!!! We will be there August 31st through September 8th. Staying in Martinique.:cloud9:

Welcome to the DIS and the New CBR Thread. :welcome:

Just booked CBR for my next trip with DS19. First time at CBR and pretty excited to try a new resort!

We will be there from 9/1-9/5... :cool1:

Welcome. Pull up a beach chair and relax.

Thanks for your updates and snooping Lisa! I'm hoping to get some pictures from you for the 1st page.

WOW so hard to believe your trip is down to 2 days!!!! how quickly the time goes. I have not stopped thinking of how I can get back there since we left. amazingly I got a text just yesterday informing me of a confrence in Tampa October 8th through the 10th. It would give me a chance to get 26 of my reqired 32 CEU's. I told my husband about it jokingly and he said," why not go". It is only 1hour and 15 minutes from Disney. the more I thought about the idea the more excited I got! I even told my sister in law about it and she said she would go with and we could make it an all girls trip. She said she could hang out at the pool while I was at the confrence. Now I am really really thinking about it. Free dining would not be offered during those dates. Do you know of any other discounts that may come out for those dates?

You can check here for historical discounts going back 3 years.

http://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/

Hey everyone! We'll be staying Dec 20-27 - first time at CBR! :)

Ah...WDW at Christmas time!

Welcome:welcome: Hopefully it won't be your last post.

do you tell disney that your staying of site for the night and dont want the room cleaned?

You can call housekeeping and also leave the Do Not Disturb sign on your door.

Beach Bum's Roll Call ~ Who will be staying at CBR and when.

Dec. 22-27

Welcome! :santa:

New to forum, love hearing all about Disney!!! I am returning to Disney World. The last and only time I was there was in 1983. I can't wait!!!! We will be there August 31st through September 8th. Staying in Martinique.:cloud9:
May I ask how you know you'll be in Martinique already? Room assignments are made just a few days before check in. If you booked Preferred you could be in Martinique or TNorth. If you booked Standard or Water View you could be anywhere.

BStew said:
I've appreciated all the posts you have been doing! Hope you enjoy the last couple of days (and maybe get a sneak peak into a room).

Two weeks flew by! Still hoping to get a sneak peek but it looks like it ain't going to happen with all the extra security they have stationed around the building

just made some mouse keeping envelops and put some dollors in, my question is this when we leave to come home :( we dont normal bring back all our smellies (shampoo shower gel etc) would mouse keeping want things like this or shall i just pop them in the bin?

just made some mouse keeping envelops and put some dollors in, my question is this when we leave to come home :( we dont normal bring back all our smellies (shampoo shower gel etc) would mouse keeping want things like this or shall i just pop them in the bin?

They will toss them out so you could save them the trouble if you want. :thumbsup2

Do you typically leave an envelope for each day you are there? If so, how much do you typically leave (if you don't mind me asking) and is this a general practice? Do most people tip? :confused3

Do you typically leave an envelope for each day you are there? If so, how much do you typically leave (if you don't mind me asking) and is this a general practice? Do most people tip? :confused3

I'm glad you asked this in this thread as it can be a very hot topic on whether or not to tip housekeeping. In fact most threads get closed by the Moderators after the 2nd page because it gets too heated. It is a personal choice. We leave $5 a day for the 3 of us. We leave an envelope every day because you most likely won't have the same housekeeper for your entire stay. From reading the boards, the people that do tip tend to leave $1-$2 per person per day.

I'm glad you asked this in this thread as it can be a very hot topic on whether or not to tip housekeeping. In fact most threads get closed by the Moderators after the 2nd page because it gets too heated. It is a personal choice. We leave $5 a day for the 3 of us. We leave an envelope every day because you most likely won't have the same housekeeper for your entire stay. From reading the boards, the people that do tip tend to leave $1-$2 per person per day.

Thanks Dansdad! I get it's a personal choice- to each their own!! I think everyone on this thread is awesome enough to not blow this out of proportion. I just like to get an idea of what other people do and then decide from there. :yay:

Thanks Dansdad! I get it's a personal choice- to each their own!! I think everyone on this thread is awesome enough to not blow this out of proportion. I just like to get an idea of what other people do and then decide from there. :yay:

Which is how it should be! I hope it stays that way here.:cool1:

Which is how it should be! I hope it stays that way here.:cool1:

I try to leave ~$5/day anywhere I stay but if I don't have the right bills or something it's no big deal. At the very least I try to keep the room neat (trash thrown away, personal things put away, no messes etc) and make their job a bit easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter