The New Caribbean Beach FAQ Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
summersun47 said:
just made some mouse keeping envelops and put some dollors in, my question is this when we leave to come home :( we dont normal bring back all our smellies (shampoo shower gel etc) would mouse keeping want things like this or shall i just pop them in the bin?

I bring the shampoo, soap and conditioner home and donate them to a children's home.

My ILs are checking in two days after us and we're all linked as a group. Do we all need to have the same requests?

Like my MIL needs a ground floor because of her knees.

I'd like Jamaica and ready room and I may be willing to forgo ready and ask for a refurb! So many decisions.

My SIL's room as no requests right now nor do I. My MIL's says first floor. Do I need to put the same requests on all the rooms to up our chances of being together.

I was thinking of leaving MIL's with the ground floor. SIL's empty. Then two requests on my reservation. Should I instead put the same two requests on all three reservations?

Thanks so much Agent Lisa!!!! I love your updates! I really hope you enjoyed your trip! I hope mine goes by slower! Lol

Just wanted to report back on our experience. We were in WDW the last week of May. We booked 2 standard rooms. We requested connecting rooms on the 1st floor close to the feature pool. We were in Aruba building 52, rooms 5210 and 5211 I believe. It was definitely building 52, but I'm not 100% on the actual numbers. Anyway, they were first floor rooms, which just makes things so much easier with luggage and a stroller. I was surprised when learning these buildings don't have elevators.

DH took DDs to the parks most days while DS and I played at the resort. DS is 18 months (not sure what my signature says at this point) and has more fun at the pool. To me, it was a bit of a hike from Aruba 52 to the feature pool. No preferred rooms were available when we booked. I would definitely book early and choose a preferred room next time. The pool was amazing and perfect for my family. With the 4 slide options, the zero entry, and the water cannons, my kids were entertained for hours and hours. Honestly we could've spent days at the pool and been content. I would rate it as the best moderate pool by far.

We also had good experiences at the food court. Nothing spectacular, but nothing bad. We like this food court much much more than the value food courts. We also like it more than the small food courts at the deluxes that seem to offer more limited options.

Rooms were fine. When we stayed here about. 5 years ago, we had pirate rooms. We decided to skip the pirate rooms this time. The regular rooms were perfectly adequate and well-maintained, but nothing exciting. One thing we did find unusual is that there was literally zero cell reception in Aruba 52. We have AT&T. Wireless signal was great, but no texts or calls would go through. This was frustrating at times.

We did not rent a car and used only Disney transportation. We found service to be good and reliable. The longest we ever waited was about 15 minutes for a bus home from Epcot. However, we rarely saw the internal bus. Several times we heard families ask arriving bus drivers if they knew when it would be coming. Not sure what was going on with that, but it seemed inconsistent at best.

We definitely had a wonderful trip and would not hesitate to choose CBR again! :)

Just wanted to report back on our experience. We were in WDW the last week of May. We booked 2 standard rooms. We requested connecting rooms on the 1st floor close to the feature pool. We were in Aruba building 52, rooms 5210 and 5211 I believe. It was definitely building 52, but I'm not 100% on the actual numbers. Anyway, they were first floor rooms, which just makes things so much easier with luggage and a stroller. I was surprised when learning these buildings don't have elevators. DH took DDs to the parks most days while DS and I played at the resort. DS is 18 months (not sure what my signature says at this point) and has more fun at the pool. To me, it was a bit of a hike from Aruba 52 to the feature pool. No preferred rooms were available when we booked. I would definitely book early and choose a preferred room next time. The pool was amazing and perfect for my family. With the 4 slide options, the zero entry, and the water cannons, my kids were entertained for hours and hours. Honestly we could've spent days at the pool and been content. I would rate it as the best moderate pool by far. We also had good experiences at the food court. Nothing spectacular, but nothing bad. We like this food court much much more than the value food courts. We also like it more than the small food courts at the deluxes that seem to offer more limited options. Rooms were fine. When we stayed here about. 5 years ago, we had pirate rooms. We decided to skip the pirate rooms this time. The regular rooms were perfectly adequate and well-maintained, but nothing exciting. One thing we did find unusual is that there was literally zero cell reception in Aruba 52. We have AT&T. Wireless signal was great, but no texts or calls would go through. This was frustrating at times. We did not rent a car and used only Disney transportation. We found service to be good and reliable. The longest we ever waited was about 15 minutes for a bus home from Epcot. However, we rarely saw the internal bus. Several times we heard families ask arriving bus drivers if they knew when it would be coming. Not sure what was going on with that, but it seemed inconsistent at best. We definitely had a wonderful trip and would not hesitate to choose CBR again! :)

Thanks for sharing! It sounds like you had a great time!!!!

One thing we did find unusual is that there was literally zero cell reception in Aruba 52. We have AT&T. Wireless signal was great, but no texts or calls would go through. This was frustrating at times.

:)[/QUOTE]

Funny that you mentioned this as we had the same problem last June also stayed in Aruba 52. We have Verizon wireless

We flipped our reservation from a bounceback discount at POFQ to a FD discount at CBR. Actually, I have two reservations right now because I can't seem to make myself cancel the BB reservation. But, I booked airfare today that matches my CBR reservation, so it looks like that's what we will be doing.

I am in a similar situation. I booked a stay last year for POFQ for this November using the bounce back discount. I tried today to switch to CBR but there was no availability under the discount. I left my reservation as is, but thought about double-booking with the hopes that they release a room only discount for mid-November. I will just keep checking back. I am also watching for my airfare to drop. Right now my dates are pretty fluid so I can adjust as needed.

We have a preferred room booked for Nov. 1st-9th. I'm hoping to extend our stay by a day because flights will be a much better price on the Monday. After all, why would I give money to an airline that I can use to stay at Disney? I've called a few times and there has not been any availability, but I'll just keep trying and crossing my fingers until then.

Here's hoping you can extend your stay!

My ILs are checking in two days after us and we're all linked as a group. Do we all need to have the same requests?

Like my MIL needs a ground floor because of her knees.

I'd like Jamaica and ready room and I may be willing to forgo ready and ask for a refurb! So many decisions.

My SIL's room as no requests right now nor do I. My MIL's says first floor. Do I need to put the same requests on all the rooms to up our chances of being together.

I was thinking of leaving MIL's with the ground floor. SIL's empty. Then two requests on my reservation. Should I instead put the same two requests on all three reservations?

It's best to decide what is the most important to your group. If it's most important that you are all together I would have your MIL request ground floor and then the other parties only request that you are all together.

I am in a similar situation. I booked a stay last year for POFQ for this November using the bounce back discount. I tried today to switch to CBR but there was no availability under the discount. I left my reservation as is, but thought about double-booking with the hopes that they release a room only discount for mid-November. I will just keep checking back. I am also watching for my airfare to drop. Right now my dates are pretty fluid so I can adjust as needed.

If you're hoping for a discount then do not double book. They release discounts to fill rooms. The more rooms that are already booked at a certain resort raise the possibility of that resort being excluded or there being very little rooms at the resort being discounted. Say you have an existing reservation at CBR and they release 45 rooms with a room only discount. Unless you call before those 45 rooms are booked you will miss out on the discount. Having an existing reservation does not guarantee you will be able to apply a discount that is released later.

One of our family members has to have a scooter. Is there any good place to put a scooter to charge at night at CBR.

I drove mine straight over the threshold into the room and parked it in front of the aircon unit because it was nearest to the socket which is the other side of the table. Pre-upgrade there's a big enough space next to the bed nearest the door, but there's no socket over there so you wouldn't be able to plug it in to charge.

I had no problems with charging at all.

I drove mine straight over the threshold into the room and parked it in front of the aircon unit because it was nearest to the socket which is the other side of the table. Pre-upgrade there's a big enough space next to the bed nearest the door, but there's no socket over there so you wouldn't be able to plug it in to charge. I had no problems with charging at all.

Thanks! My MIL may need a scooter and I'm glad to have this info!

It's best to decide what is the most important to your group. If it's most important that you are all together I would have your MIL request ground floor and then the other parties only request that you are all together.

Okay! I will think on this! I don't favor my ILs much and I want Jamaica. But they will whine if they aren't near us and we don't meet them every morning to go to the parks.

I would imagine with us checking in two days before them that may make it difficult to get us together.

*sigh* Decisions. Lol

Love Love Love this resort! We will be home July 17-27 and again Nov.6-22. We have been staying at this resort for over 10 years and as much as we want to try new resorts we always pick CBR. :)

So I know this is the CBR thread! For those of you who are madly and love! Where else have you stayed? What about CBR trumps that/those resorts?

Love Love Love this resort! We will be home July 17-27 and again Nov.6-22. We have been staying at this resort for over 10 years and as much as we want to try new resorts we always pick CBR. :)

Two trips Whoohoo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter