• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The New and Updated Port Orleans French Quarter FAQ Thread for 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those threads for POFQ is good so far are you doing this again for 2009! Oh! the waterslide pool at the POFQ has reopen let!

A quick checkin from POFQ!

It is lovely here right now. The staff is attentive and aer going out of there way to make our stay magical. The buses are okay but going to every stop in POR does add on about 10 minutes to the ride.

The grounds are spotless, everything is washed in the overnight. The pool area is well staffed, the lifeguards do not take their eyes off the pool and a good thing. There are some unsupervised youngsters running around and the staff is vigilant in enforcing safety rules.

The doormen are wonderful, especially with the children. My DGD is enchanted, looking forward to each time we come back. Wishing coins are given out as well as hidden around the lobby. She is having a ball!

The Holiday music is fun here too. You can hear it as you approach the center area, making the season seem so close .

Our room is clean and our Mousekeeper has been having fun with Kady's animals. They were swinging from a hammock one day and we have seen other windows decorated with stuffed toys peeking out from towel swings.

It is starting to get busy now, the lobby was full of guests checking in this afternoon so I expect that the Holiday is beginning.

DD and DSIL have stopped into Scat Cats for an evening cocktail and enjoyed the entertainment. Dyson Elliot is as entertaining as always.

If anyone has questions about dining at Boatwrights let me assure you that we had a great meal there. The food was good, the service stellar and the atmosphere was fun. A short boat ride to a good meal and an excellent excuse to tour POR.

0merry-christmas-stocking.gif
everyone. We are about to leave for the airport. POFQ here we come! Nancyg56... we might see you there!

Those threads for POFQ is good so far are you doing this again for 2009! Oh! the waterslide pool at the POFQ has reopen let!

POFQ offers high-speed internet hookup in EACH room, right? For $10 a day, cord included in room? Just checking...I've seen people post from there, and I've seen internet access included on some amenities lists, but its strangely absent on other lists. Just something I'm worried about, since my upcoming trip there I'll be solo for half of it and I want to be sure I can get on the net.

I meant to say is the waterslide in Doubloon lagoon at POFQ has been reopened let from refurbishment! because i need to know!

POFQ offers high-speed internet hookup in EACH room, right? For $10 a day, cord included in room?

Yes, $9.95 per 24 hour period (i.e. the connection runs for exactly 24 hours from the moment you first log on and accept the charge, not just from midnight to midnight of one day). A standard ethernet cable is provided in the room, but it is fairly short and will really only allow you to use your computer on the tabletop.

Andre

Yes, $9.95 per 24 hour period (i.e. the connection runs for exactly 24 hours from the moment you first log on and accept the charge, not just from midnight to midnight of one day). A standard ethernet cable is provided in the room, but it is fairly short and will really only allow you to use your computer on the tabletop.

Andre

Thank you so much! Great to know.

I meant to say is the waterslide in Doubloon lagoon at POFQ has been reopened let from refurbishment! because i need to know!

The POFQ pool was completely closed for refurbishment for about a month early last year, but I'm not sure what you're asking about the slide at the moment though...?

Andre

The POFQ pool was completely closed for refurbishment for about a month early last year, but I'm not sure what you're asking about the slide at the moment though...?

Andre
thank you for the info Andre! I will love it very much to stay in POFQ! Yes! I need to know that waterslide is reopen let!

Can somebody tell me if the coffee makers take cone or basket filters? I know there are pods in the room but DH will like his own coffee. TIA, Kim

Thanks for all the info on this thread and the website. It helped a great deal with my resort decision. We will be at POFQ 1/11-1/18. Looking forward to a relaxing and fun week. I have a few questions and apologize in advance if these are answered somewhere in here.

Do you think Boatwright's is worth a visit for dinner? I think the menu looks pretty good. And for breakfast, I would love to try those sweet potato pancakes.

One of the reasons I picked POFQ is the boat ride to DTD. Do you find it runs on schedule during the winter months?

Crossing my fingers for some unusually warm weather. But then I am from the great white north (looking out the window at 16 inches of snow) so it will feel warm no matter what. We might even try that pool out.

Anne

Do you think Boatwright's is worth a visit for dinner? I think the menu looks pretty good. And for breakfast, I would love to try those sweet potato pancakes.

One of the reasons I picked POFQ is the boat ride to DTD. Do you find it runs on schedule during the winter months?

Crossing my fingers for some unusually warm weather. But then I am from the great white north (looking out the window at 16 inches of snow) so it will feel warm no matter what. We might even try that pool out.

Boatwright's is well worth a try for a change from counter service food, especially for breakfast which gets very good comments. Have a listen to Lou Mongello's WDW Radio Show #97, in which food is never very far from the topic of conversation... :)

Don't worry, the DTD boats run year-round, expect for during very stormy weather.

And as for weather, it can get a little chiller in the winter - but compared to 16 inches of snow it'll be positively tropical! I think it's been up as high as the low 80's last week, for example. You'll have a great time!

Andre

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter