The New and Updated Port Orleans French Quarter FAQ Thread for 2008

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by andrewilley, Oct 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andrewilley

andrewilley GNU Terry Pratchett

Yes there is a TV for the kids at checkin, and coloring materials too.

Checkout is 11am, checkin is 3pm. Bags can be stored if you want to checkin earlier, but your room may not be ready until 3pm.

Yes, the online reservation system is available for all Disney hotels - and from January you're meant to be able to pre-checkin online too.

Disney reservations can be reached on 1-407-WDISNEY.

Hey, perhaps someone should write a FAQ about this resort, or a create website about the place? ;)

:) :) :)

Andre

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. PNO4TE

PNO4TE I used to be the DIS Musician and a Jamborini...

:rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2:

4. jeanylaser

jeanylaser Disney's Art of Animation Resort biggest fan!

Thanks for the info! andrewilley!

5. Nancyg56

Nancyg56 DIS Veteran

Thanks Andre!

6. jeanylaser

My mom will call disney as soon as Possible! Oh! Thanks! Andre! OH! One more thing What is the name of the shop in the Port Orleans French Quarter!

7. TigerKat

TigerKat DIS Veteran

A little excited are you?:hug:

8. runswithscissors

runswithscissors #Wanderlust

We tipped our driver $10 and she accepted. We were actually rained out of our first ressie but were able to reschedule for another evening. We walked to POR from POFQ which only took about 10 minutes (with a 5-year old.) The carriage ride was lovely and the sound of the horseshoes on the pavement is extremely relaxing. Definitely worth it!

9. andrewilley

Jackson Square Gifts and Desires.

I really don't mind answering all your questions, honest - but to save you some time they are mostly already covered in the FAQ in the first posting of this very thread, and also in more detail at www.portorleans.com.

Hope you all have a great time at POFQ

Andre

10. SoosieQ

SoosieQ Mouseketeer

Just came back from 5 days at Caribbean Beach Resort. Booked the Bounceback for September at the POFQ. So subscribing to this thread. I will start at the beginning once my Disney hangover is done. :lmao:

11. DanceRC28

DanceRC28 Wife to Greg, mommy to baby Tyler and furbabies Gr

DH and I will be staying at POFQ for the first time from January 24th through the 31st....cannot wait. We have heard such great things, we are so excited!

12. jsoren11

jsoren11 All the adversity I've had in my life, all my trou

we are checking in on Jan 29th, maybe we'll see you there, look for the LGMH's we'll have all over ourselves and pray for good weather!!!:thumbsup2

13. jeanylaser

I can't wait to be the first to stay in the POFQ! That will be awesome!

14. PNO4TE

PNO4TE I used to be the DIS Musician and a Jamborini...

I am getting ready to ship a small box to POFQ. I shipped things by USPS in September and the results were less than optimal. Do I remember correctly that shipping by UPS is a better idea? And I assume that I use the address on the first page of this FAQ, including my name, reservation number and arrival date.

15. borntoshop96

borntoshop96 Mouseketeer

We have a hot pot too (or electric kettle to us Brits ), it's in our Owner's Locker as it's not worth carrying it back and forth to the UK. We got one with an auto-off sensor for when the water has boiled.

16. jeanylaser

Port Orleans French Quarter is right for our entire family! Oh! what is the name of the shop at Port Orleans French Quarter and they have some dvd's or Cd's in the store!

17. andrewilley

Jackson Square Gifts and Desires (see my reply in message #148 of this thread to the last time you asked this question).

Yes they do sell a few CDs and DVDs there, but there are better places on property for a wider selection (World of Disney at DTD for example, and several of the theme park stores).

Andre

18. jeanylaser

Thanks Andre for the info! I really love to stay in POFQ for my birthday! I have to go to World of Disney at DTD to get a CD Rom for My Computer I have Windows XP! I will get Mickey saves the Day! for Windows! I hope they have it!

19. andrewilley

Hope you have a great birthday. You didn't mention CD ROMs, and the program you mention is 8+ years old (it came out before Windows XP in fact) so I rather doubt you're going to find it at WDW. I assume you didn't manage to find it during your stay at All Star Music just two months ago?

Why not get it from somewhere like Amazon before you go, there are still vendors who have it in stock for just a couple of dollars.

Andre

20. jeanylaser

I will find that CD Rom In DTD World of Disney! I went to amazon.com they said that Cd Rom isn't for christmas shipping! I better go to Downtown Disney and get it from Disney!

21. Emme

Emme DIS Veteran

OK, hopping on board~ We will be at POFQ March 16-22!! We have stayed at every moderate but this one...so it's time!! I am psyched.:banana:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.