The New and Updated Port Orleans French Quarter FAQ Thread for 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also posted this question as a thread, but I an worried about whether or not our family will get adjoining rooms in January. our 18 year old wont be joining us until the 3rd day of our trip, I dont want to be in a separate room from our 8 and 10 year old.. what should I do?

Disney policy says they give adjoining rooms to families that dont have an adult in the second room, and when i told them that we will not have an adult in the second room until night three, they said the resort "should be able to accomidate us". what do you all think? what are the odds we'll get adjoining?? should I change ressies for the first two nights??? TIA for all the good ideas!!:goodvibes

thanks for the info! I need to know is what time is Check-in and Check-out!

Jeany, as I've said before, please see the Frequently Asked Questions list which is in the first posting of this thread.

It's not hidden, this is what it says:

What time can I check in and can the resort store my bags?

Rooms are officially available from 3pm but you can check in at the front desk as early as you like. You may get lucky and find that a room happens to be ready earlier, or otherwise Bell Services can store your bags while you head off to enjoy the hotel facilities or the theme parks.

Check-out is by 11am, although you can request a free later check-out time (up to 1pm) as long as the room is not need urgently for other guests. Again, Bell Services will store your bags until you are ready to depart, and they also have a fridge for items which need to be kept chilled. Note: the main pool has showers, lockers and changing rooms if you want to take a dip after you have checked out.

Or see www.portorleans.org too.

Andre

yeah, be careful about asking questions that are already posted at the beginning of the thread Jenny, Ive fallen into this trap before and it isn't pretty. Some people take it very seriously when you dont obey the rules... :lmao:
Hey, feel free to start a new thread and ask anything you want and we'll let this one fade in to oblivion with no new questions needed...heck everything you need is on the first post...:rotfl:

"Jenny, as I've said before. . . . . rabble rabble blah blah.... its on the bloody first page . . . . rabble rabble" he says in a corny british accent....:rotfl:

Just messing with you andrewilley:thumbsup2

DH and I just back from a Dec 12-18 stay. My 2nd at this resort and DH's 1st. Our room was in Bldg 5 ground floor facing the pool entrance. PRIME LOCATION. The room was clean and Mousekeeping did a good job. Noise from other rooms not an issue. A couple of cute towel animals. Food court was not especially crowded in the AM. Resort was decorated very nicely for the holidays. As you leave for the parks each morning a couple of "Jesters" are at the door to answer questions and pass out park maps. The Bounceback offer was in our room and we took advantage of that for a trip in Sept. We always go to F&W and the dates worked for us. It was 30% off Mods and Deluxe's and 40% for Villas. We chose FQ again because of the size. Bus's coming and going were minimal waits. No more than 10-15 min and drivers were calling up extra bus's if everyone didn't get on.Staff was friendly except for the CM checking us in. But we didn't let her "Bah Humbug" spoil our holiday spirit. Now to start planning for September.

Cor blimey guv'na, I shall consider myself messed with then.... :) :goodvibes

That's OK Jeany, I know you must be getting really excited about your upcoming trip. Is it a family visit?

Andre

I know i'm excited to stay in the Port Orleans French Quarter! It is my favorite hotel!

I'm curious about the shop at POFQ. We'd like to have soda in our room - Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, maybe Mountain Dew. Do they sell these in cans, such as six packs or 12 packs? We'd considered grocery delivery, but I'm not sure we'll be ordering enough to warrant it.

Thanks!

This Thread for POFQ is good so far are you going again for 2009! Oh! the pool in the POFQ has reopen let!

This Thread for POFQ is good so far are you going again for 2009! Oh! the pool in the POFQ has reopen let!

Just curious...did you request this location or was it just some "pixie dust"?

Thanks,
Pam :)

I requested Bldg 5 or 2 facing the Hot tub.

That was as specific as I got. I didn't care what floor I was on. Just wanted to give the room scheduler an idea. It really was convenient to walk to food court and back or on out to the bus.

But I really do think that "Pixie Dust" was somehow involved.

This Thread for POFQ is good so far are you going again for 2009! Oh! the waterslide pool at the POFQ has reopen let!

We are there in Feb, so I am hoping we have a nice of a review as you had.

DH and I just back from a Dec 12-18 stay. My 2nd at this resort and DH's 1st. Our room was in Bldg 5 ground floor facing the pool entrance. PRIME LOCATION. The room was clean and Mousekeeping did a good job. Noise from other rooms not an issue. A couple of cute towel animals. Food court was not especially crowded in the AM. Resort was decorated very nicely for the holidays. As you leave for the parks each morning a couple of "Jesters" are at the door to answer questions and pass out park maps. The Bounceback offer was in our room and we took advantage of that for a trip in Sept. We always go to F&W and the dates worked for us. It was 30% off Mods and Deluxe's and 40% for Villas. We chose FQ again because of the size. Bus's coming and going were minimal waits. No more than 10-15 min and drivers were calling up extra bus's if everyone didn't get on.Staff was friendly except for the CM checking us in. But we didn't let her "Bah Humbug" spoil our holiday spirit. Now to start planning for September.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter