The New 2008 Beach Club and Yacht Club FAQs thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just Curious? Why did the other thread have to be closed?

This is a great thread. I am looking very forward to our stay here in Sept?

The OP's of the old thread no longer were able to keep it updated and bytheblood requested help. If there is info on the other thread that you think is missing here, please pm me and let me know! :goodvibes

Personally, I think it's a good idea to update these types of threads about every year or so. They sometimes seem to get really long and honestly, I don't have time to read through the whole thing, so I like it when new ones are created.

And it looks like it worked since we think this is the place we really, really want to stay on our next trip.

The OP's of the old thread no longer were able to keep it updated and bytheblood requested help. If there is info on the other thread that you think is missing here, please pm me and let me know! :goodvibes

Oh no!! I think the information is great!! I was really just wondering what happened to the thread.

Does anyone know of any trip reports of Y&B visitors that I could look at? I get a bit overwhelmed over there and am often wishing that I could find a Trip Report of someone at a particular resort.

I found you! It had slipped pretty far down and deserves a bump.

We'll be at BC for 8 nights in September plus a one night stop at YC our night of arrival. I am perusing the thread to feel a little tingly anticipation.

This will be my family's second stay at BC. It was so perfect last time that I almost hesitate to jinx it with another try. Isn't that silly?

I think I'm starting to lean towards the Beach Club over the Yacht Club. Looking at lots of pictures and I think it just suits our tastes a little more. But I sure do have enough time to change my mind between now and when we can actually go.

I know that for some people, being on these boards is torture when they know they can't afford to go. But for us, I think we use it as incentive. We know it's going to be a while, but if we really want to do it and enjoy it, we have to stay focused on paying off the debt and getting to the point where we really can afford to stay exactly where we want and do the things we want.

Does anyone have a copy of the map(s) that they give you at check-in with a little more detail on them?

Oh, and please keep the pictures coming!!!

This will be my family's second stay at BC. It was so perfect last time that I almost hesitate to jinx it with another try. Isn't that silly?

Not silly at all. I will tell you we have been disappointed when we stayed at other resorts. We will also be there in Sept. and I am playing with the idea of changing to the GF. I've always wanted to try that resort, but DH has no interest. Our past two visits we stayed at other resorts, BW & WL, and although we liked them, they weren't the BC! I'm afraid the same thing will happen if I change to the GF:confused3 . I make myself resort crazy :crazy:. Oh, if all of life's problems could be this much fun!

Does anyone have a price/services list for Perriwigs? We're having a group photo shoot and I'm thinking of having my hair washed/blow dried before.

Thanks!

IHeartTink:

I was at the GF last November. It was "grand" but I'm not going back any time soon, too many other places to try. I'm looking forward to our upcoming Dec. trip to the YC because of all I've read here on this board.

If you like the MK, GF is the place to be. So easy to get to, and there is so much to do at night in the area without having to go anywhere. The rooms are great and the staff is very friendly and exceptionally helpful. I am glad that I can say I've been there. However, having said that, we have so many other places we want to stay (YC, BC, BW and AK) that to repeat now doesn't make sense to us. If you really want to stay at the GF, just let your DH know that it really is a "grand" hotel.

I think I'm starting to lean towards the Beach Club over the Yacht Club. Looking at lots of pictures and I think it just suits our tastes a little more. But I sure do have enough time to change my mind between now and when we can actually go.

I know that for some people, being on these boards is torture when they know they can't afford to go. But for us, I think we use it as incentive. We know it's going to be a while, but if we really want to do it and enjoy it, we have to stay focused on paying off the debt and getting to the point where we really can afford to stay exactly where we want and do the things we want.

Does anyone have a copy of the map(s) that they give you at check-in with a little more detail on them?

If I can find my photo CD, I'll get some added this weekend. We've HAPPILY stayed at BC (BCV) 3 times and our 4th is booked! :cool1:
Gayle

Does anyone have a price/services list for Perriwigs? We're having a group photo shoot and I'm thinking of having my hair washed/blow dried before.

Thanks!

I do not know what the adult price is but a boys cut was $25. Their phone number is 407-934-3260. I would make a reservation. We had over an hour wait as a walk-in.

Here is some pics from the Beach Club, 2007. Enjoy!! :thumbsup2

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chuckhoyt/sets/72157601735277215

Robyn,
I called Perriwigs and they start at $50 for a wash and blow dry (depending on the length of your hair)! Hope that helps!
I am going to try and get a service menu....

SmileRock,

OMG! Your BC album is fantastic! I am soooo super excited to be staying at the Beach Club for the first time this August. The resort is just beautiful and you did such a wonderful job of capturing the charm. Thank you!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter