The New 2008 Beach Club and Yacht Club FAQs thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the campfire - is that mainly for kids? Would a 30-something year old couple look a little strange taking part in the fun?

With the campfire - is that mainly for kids? Would a 30-something year old couple look a little strange taking part in the fun?

Hey Kelleigh! I dont think you would look out of place at all! Did you decide to stay here???

Hey Kelleigh! I dont think you would look out of place at all! Did you decide to stay here???

I think I've done a pretty good job of convincing hubby that we have to stay here. Only thing is, it won't be for a few years. We have got to get our debt paid off and save up a bit, but we are on a plan to get that done, so we're figuring on late 2011 or early 2012.

Ahhh!!! Well good luck with that! It is hard to pay off debt! :goodvibes

Thanks! I should probably have clarified that she is not renting points - we had to book a room directly thru Disney to get her in for August since the villas were all booked. I tried to rent a 1-bdrm from a DVC owner but no one could get her a room so we ended up downsizing to a room w/2 queen beds (studio?) but at least overlooking Stormalong Bay. Plus since I quoted her the price of renting a 1-bdrm I am paying the difference of what it would have cost using points vs paying rack room rates - ouch! :faint: but am happy to do it for her since it will be her first visit. I could have got a 1-bed at SSR using points but she was firm on staying at BC. I think I will try to rent points for BC in 2009.

It doesn't matter if you're renting points or booking with cash the studio will be in the villa section of Beach Club which is called the Beach Club Villas. They don't have any studios at the Beach Club Resort.

heaven2dc, if you booked a room with two queens, I imagine your friends will have a room at the BC not a villa at BCV. The only villas with 2 queens are 2 bedroom villas with a king in the master and 2 queens in the 2nd BR and only some of the 2 BRs have that configuration (although all master BRs have the king).

You're a very generous friend.:goodvibes

We ate at the Cape May Cafe dinner buffet and were enthralled with it. The place is beautiful and I loved how they have a clean paper sheet over the tablecloth and give you crayons to draw and have fun. The food though..... I have eaten at many buffets, but never has the quality of the food been so good. It's not the size of it that impressed me because I have seen many huge buffets in my time, but I want to emphasize quality. Yummy, I cannot wait to eat there again. Sarah, was our server and very nice. I have not eaten the breakfast buffet there, so I cannot give a review of that. I'd have to give an "A" to the dinner buffet though!

Thank you for your kind words, BCV23! I agree that the room with 2 queen beds will be in the Beach Club section, not the villas.

It doesn't matter if you're renting points or booking with cash the studio will be in the villa section of Beach Club which is called the Beach Club Villas. They don't have any studios at the Beach Club Resort.

Thank you for your response but I'm really confused now lol I called this morning to confirm with Disney planning that her room would be overlooking Stormalong Bay and she said yes, the "studio" (as she called it) would be overlooking SB and that it has 2 queen beds and a daybed. I also looked up on the Disboards what the Beachclub Resort has as far as rooms and their description and this is what it says: "Beach motif is the obvious order of the day here. Hues of seafoam green, peach, blue and white lend a casual, bright and breezy atmosphere to the 583 guest rooms. The rooms also have French doors leading to a patio or balcony. Most of the guest rooms are 380 square feet and offer 2 queen sized beds, or one king sized bed, a nightstand, a table with 3 chairs, an armoire, a TV, a small safe, a mini-bar and double sinks. Other comforts include an iron and ironing board, hair dryer, make-up mirror and coffee maker. Suites: There are 21 suites available. I know we don't have a suite but maybe according to Disney reservationist, we don't have a "studio" booked , just a room with 2 queen beds.

I'm not renting points so I know she won't be in the DVC section and won't have a studio there. I looked at this map http://www.disneyzone.net/ResortMaps/bcthirdfloor.jpg which shows the third floor room as an example and I think the ones overlooking SB are the ones the Disney reservationist was referring to. Does anyone else know if this is right? (I'm not discrediting what TigrLvsPooh says, just trying to make sure my DBFF's daughter & grandson have a great view and the room I requested).

Well, a villas studio does not have two queen beds and a daybed, and can't have a view of Stormalong Bay. So I'd say you must have a room at BC, not a studio. Why the Disney rep would call it a studio is beyond me, sounds like she's mistaken. Just for peace of mind, if I were you, I'd call back, talk to someone else, and state exactly what you're trying to figure out... is your room at BC overlooking Stormalong Bay, a 'regular' room with two queens and a daybed? Or is it a "studio" villa? Be specific, and if the rep doesn't understand what you're asking then I'd request a supervisor. However, at this point, I think it sounds fairly certain that you're booked into the BC in a room, not a studio. :goodvibes

Thank you for your kind words, BCV23! I agree that the room with 2 queen beds will be in the Beach Club section, not the villas.

Thank you for your response but I'm really confused now lol I called this morning to confirm with Disney planning that her room would be overlooking Stormalong Bay and she said yes, the "studio" (as she called it) would be overlooking SB and that it has 2 queen beds and a daybed. I also looked up on the Disboards what the Beachclub Resort has as far as rooms and their description and this is what it says: "Beach motif is the obvious order of the day here. Hues of seafoam green, peach, blue and white lend a casual, bright and breezy atmosphere to the 583 guest rooms. The rooms also have French doors leading to a patio or balcony. Most of the guest rooms are 380 square feet and offer 2 queen sized beds, or one king sized bed, a nightstand, a table with 3 chairs, an armoire, a TV, a small safe, a mini-bar and double sinks. Other comforts include an iron and ironing board, hair dryer, make-up mirror and coffee maker. Suites: There are 21 suites available. I know we don't have a suite but maybe according to Disney reservationist, we don't have a "studio" booked , just a room with 2 queen beds.

I'm not renting points so I know she won't be in the DVC section and won't have a studio there. I looked at this map http://www.disneyzone.net/ResortMaps/bcthirdfloor.jpg which shows the third floor room as an example and I think the ones overlooking SB are the ones the Disney reservationist was referring to. Does anyone else know if this is right? (I'm not discrediting what TigrLvsPooh says, just trying to make sure my DBFF's daughter & grandson have a great view and the room I requested).

I have been reading your posts. I think the question to ask Disney reservations is, "Is my room booked at Beach Club or Beach Club Villas?" It truely sounds like you have booked a Beach Club Waterview room. As previously mentioned the Beach Club Villas Studios would not have 2 queen beds nor would they overlook Storm Along Bay, but would have a queen bed and fold out sofa. So, I would presume you are booked at the Beach Club as you mentioned 2 queen beds and a daybed. Beach Club resort does not have studios.

Also, please keep in mind that if you have indeed booked a Beach Club Waterview room, this does not guarantee you a view (or overlooking) of Storm Along Bay. This would be a request only, if you are interested in this view / location please ask to have it noted on your reservation.

Please do call back reservations and ask which resort you are booked at, it would really solve the issue! Good luck with your planning :) Hope this helps.

Thank you for your response but I'm really confused now lol I called this morning to confirm with Disney planning that her room would be overlooking Stormalong Bay and she said yes, the "studio" (as she called it) would be overlooking SB and that it has 2 queen beds and a daybed.

I would definitely call back and get clarification. A reservation for a water view room at the Beach Club Resort definitely won't contain the word "studio" anywhere in the description. If they are still calling it a "studio" then your reservation is at the Beach Club Villas.

I'm not renting points so I know she won't be in the DVC section and won't have a studio there

This is where you are confused. A "studio" can be booked with cash just like a regular hotel room. It doesn't have to be booked through DVC or with points. Any person can call Disney and book a studio at the Beach Club Villas using a credit card.

I would definitely call back and get clarification. A reservation for a water view room at the Beach Club Resort definitely won't contain the word "studio" anywhere in the description. If they are still calling it a "studio" then your reservation is at the Beach Club Villas.

This is where you are confused. A "studio" can be booked with cash just like a regular hotel room. It doesn't have to be booked through DVC or with points. Any person can call Disney and book a studio at the Beach Club Villas using a credit card.

I think the CM or computer at Disney Reservation Center is the source of the confusion. I don't think it's a studio....studios don't have two queens much less a daybed. I agree that the word studio shouldn't be in the description given to her because it sounds as if heaven2c booked a room in the BC.

Or the CM is making up the description of the beds which seems less likely to me.

Well, this thread did it!! I am now officially SUPER excited about staying at the Beach Club in August!!!

Hey scanne!!! :) I remember you from Cali-D's old GF thread back in the good old days!!!! :goodvibes Great to see you!!!! You'll love the BC, it's a fantastic resort.

Hi Erika,

Wow, Cali-D's GF thread brings back memories.

And I don't know if you remember, but my DD's name is Erika...:)

I want to thank you for the link to the map with rooms for the 3rd floor of the BC. Are all the other floors pretty much similar as to views? I just don't want to overlook a loading area or roof.

Thanks!

Just wanted to see my ticker. I actually added a day, so we'll be there one day sooner on the 26th. I can't wait to get out of here. Already started packing!

Just wanted to see my ticker. I actually added a day, so we'll be there one day sooner on the 26th. I can't wait to get out of here. Already started packing!

Have fun, Samsma!:cool1:

Do you drive? If not, what airport do you use?

Have a great time! Take lots of pictures for the thread!

Don't you just love seeing your ticker in single digits!!! Have a great trip :wizard:

Me too!!:cool1: Just brought out the luggage, time to start packing too!
We will be at the Yacht club June 30-July 4. After a couple days at Portofino Bay Hotel.
Kerri

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter