The New 2008 Beach Club and Yacht Club FAQs thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are driving this time, but when it's me and the kids we have used STL, Nashville and MidAmerica over by Scott AFB in O'Fallon. It is actually the closest but Allegient only goes to Sanford so no Magical Express. It will take us about 15 hours and I'm dreading the trip, but looking so forward to getting there.

Me too!!:cool1: Just brought out the luggage, time to start packing too!
We will be at the Yacht club June 30-July 4. After a couple days at Portofino Bay Hotel.
Kerri

Enjoy. Yacht Club is my favorite Disney resort. You will also like Portofino Bay Hotel, its very nice. Their version of the "quiet pool" is just great and they bring you citrus water every so often - for free! As for Restaurants - skip Bice but dontmiss Mama Dellas.

hi, has anyone recently stayed in a yacht club jr. suite? would you have any pictures to share? thanks in advance

I just booked a 4 day, 3 night stay at the Yacht Club to add to my 6 day, 5 night stay at Old Key West for August. After going through this thread I am very excited about staying here. I have never been to either the Beach or Yacht Club, but have stayed once at the Boardwalk and it seems the location just cant be beat. I have a Water/Pool view hotel room booked and was wondering if there was any specific room that I should request etc from those of you who know the resort? Ideally I think we would want to be near the boat dock because we want to be able to get to both Hollywood Studios and Epcot early in the morning easier. If anyone has any suggestions for a first timer at the Yacht Club I would really appreciate it. Thanks. Love the thread.

I just booked a 4 day, 3 night stay at the Yacht Club to add to my 6 day, 5 night stay at Old Key West for August. After going through this thread I am very excited about staying here. I have never been to either the Beach or Yacht Club, but have stayed once at the Boardwalk and it seems the location just cant be beat. I have a Water/Pool view hotel room booked and was wondering if there was any specific room that I should request etc from those of you who know the resort? Ideally I think we would want to be near the boat dock because we want to be able to get to both Hollywood Studios and Epcot early in the morning easier. If anyone has any suggestions for a first timer at the Yacht Club I would really appreciate it. Thanks. Love the thread.

Maybe just request near the boat dock or near the lobby as the rooms closest to the YC lobby are also closest to the dock.

But walking to Epcot is always faster than taking the boat. Once the boat leaves the Y&BC it goes to BW before Epcot.

Have fun!:goodvibes

Thank you BCV23. I will make that request then; I didnt realize it would be quicker to walk, but if that is the case than I would definately prefer to do that. I appreciate you help.

Thank you BCV23. I will make that request then; I didnt realize it would be quicker to walk, but if that is the case than I would definately prefer to do that. I appreciate you help.

You're welcome.:goodvibes

Will you be at YC or OKW first? We almost always do a split stay as well these days.

We will be at the Yacht Club from Aug 19-Aug 22 and then we switch over to Old Key West from Aug 22-Aug 27. There will be four of us and one of those with me, it will be his first time at Disneyworld. I am excited about the Yacht Club because it seems like it is right in the middle of everything.

And when you do walk, follow the path along the water. It's quicker and w/o hills! When you are walking towards Epcot you'll hit a barrier of some sort that makes it look like you can't go to the right, but that is so no bikes or surreys go that way not 2 footed people! It's a nice walk along the water. We did it every time we walked to EPcot.

ang38, thanks for the advice on the walking path. I'm not sure I'll walk, what the heck, I'm on vacation and I'm not rushing for anything (no kids with us for this trip).

I just want to say that I really appreciate all the advice I get here and other places on this DIS board. For the 180,000+ that are on this board, I have to really tip my hat. After my experience this morning getting my reservations for Epcot's CP dinner/show package, I really have to feel sorry for the thousands of others that just show up at WDW and expect that everything will just magically happen for them and that they will be able to do whatever they want to do, when they want to do it, where they want to do it and get the best room with the greatest view and all the amenities that they normally would expect from a five-star hotel. It just doesn't work that way, does it.

I apparently took some pictures of Y&B on our last trip to WDW. We went to ESPN Club for lunch/dinner one day and I took some pictures while we were on the boat and the boardwalk. Since I just finished uploading all the pics over the weekend, I finally got to see what I had. Thought I'd share.

ry%3D300

ry%3D300

ry%3D300

We took the boat once from Epcot back to the YC and I wouldn't go back on after that. We sat inside and it was sooo hot I was dying! After that it was quicker and cooler to just walk.

ang38, thanks for the advice on the walking path. I'm not sure I'll walk, what the heck, I'm on vacation and I'm not rushing for anything (no kids with us for this trip).

I just want to say that I really appreciate all the advice I get here and other places on this DIS board. For the 180,000+ that are on this board, I have to really tip my hat. After my experience this morning getting my reservations for Epcot's CP dinner/show package, I really have to feel sorry for the thousands of others that just show up at WDW and expect that everything will just magically happen for them and that they will be able to do whatever they want to do, when they want to do it, where they want to do it and get the best room with the greatest view and all the amenities that they normally would expect from a five-star hotel. It just doesn't work that way, does it.

We took the boat once from Epcot back to the YC and I wouldn't go back on after that. We sat inside and it was sooo hot I was dying! After that it was quicker and cooler to just walk.

We took the boat over to the boardwalk for our lunch/dinner at ESPN last November. We didn't sit inside though. We sat out in the open area. It was nice. But we walked back. We were so stuffed, we needed to walk off some of it. We were surprised to find that the walk back was so quick. We had been expecting it to be longer.

Could someone please tell me if turn down service is only provided for club level or if all guests receive it?

Thanks.

Turn down service is automatic in Club Level and can be requested for anyone else! People have had mixed experiences. People seem to request it and housekeeping doesn't come every night. My suggestion is that you call daily to receive it nightly. :goodvibes

Just Curious? Why did the other thread have to be closed?

This is a great thread. I am looking very forward to our stay here in Sept?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter