THE most hilarious question ever...well as far as i can tell

Discussion in 'Disney for Families' started by klitteral2009, Jan 6, 2013.

1. MrRomance

MrRomance Planning and Plotting

My DW is the self-confessed "whitest woman in America" :rotfl2: and to be honest, she is so white she's practically a stick of chalk! Don't worry about it, just enjoy it, because trust me you'll see many other people who are as white if not whiter than you are. :thumbsup2

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. sachilles

sachilles Mouseketeer

Not a big deal. Pale is the new tan. Go swim and have fun. I work at a resort in the frozen tundra. We have a hyper heated pool that folks love to use despite it being surrounded by snow four months out the year. It's chilly when you get out, but you don't lounge around in the winter months. Bright red sunburns might generate a snicker or a sympathetic look though, so if you don't want the attention, go with sunblock. Have fun.

4. scooffer

scooffer Mouseketeer

I love this question! I felt the same way on my last trip... then got to the pool. It was so heartwarming to see all shades, all sizes, and all walks of life in one place with the same agenda... just having a good time!

The next day, I wore socks with my crocs (oh my!) :rotfl2: That's how comfortable I was then and there that NO ONE cared!!

5. wiigirl

wiigirl DIS Veteran

My husband always takes the kids to the pool and he is so white he glows! :rotfl2:

6. DarthMama

DarthMama Mouseketeer

Don't worry about it -- I'm fish-belly white & I love to swim, so I say go for it! Besides, you'll be having so much fun you won't care what anyone else thinks.

7. NotUrsula

NotUrsula DIS Veteran

Yep. The usual standard is that the air temp has to be mid-80's before a Floridian will swim; if it is any cooler than that, residents will look at you like you must have a death wish. The concept of wearing a warm robe or warm-up clothes to the heated pool and then undressing to get directly into the water is pretty alien in Florida.

When it comes to the beaches, you won't see natives swimming until the avg. water temp hits about 82F, even if the air temp is well over that at the time. Most Floridians consider any of the beaches north of Ft. Myers to be "surf-fishing-and-sand-play-only" from late-October thru mid-April.

8. BiancaBernard&Penny

BiancaBernard&Penny Returning to "Earning My Ears" after all these yea

I must be a native Floridian! Lol.