THE most hilarious question ever...well as far as i can tell

klitteral2009

Mouseketeer
So I'm sitting here, less than two weeks away from our MAGICAL WDW vaycay...and I'm wondering how foolish I may look swimming. I know its honestly far too early to tell, but from what I see on the weather channel website, the weather is looking plesant and warm. I would like to get in the pool with my kids but I GLOW in the dark. I'm not a fan of tanning beds at all so my color, when I have any, comes in the summer when I'm outside. Living in Kentucky, we haven't seen outside sunny weather in months! I guess my vain question is, how white have you seen people around the pool?? :rotfl2: I know it sounds so crazy but its an honest concern of mine lol

I'm pretty pale myself, but trust me.... No need to worry! I've never felt self conscious at a pool in Disney. Don't worry! Have fun!!

What cracks me up going to the pools in November is seeing all the lifeguards in their parkas! They must think we are insane for getting in the pool in the first place, so they probably aren't phased by our pale Canadian skin!

No worries, this Floridian can't tan :rolleyes2 and is white as white as she can get :rotfl: If I was there with you we both would glow ;)

We are just over the 2 week mark and we will be joining you in the pale category - but I don't care, we are going to experience SAB if its the last thing we do!!!!:cool1:

I saw a blue guy last year so don't worry about being white. It was 27 degrees that morning and he was floating around in the pool!!! WDW is one place we do not care what others think about how we look.
We are there to have fun and being comfortable is a huge part of that! Swim away (if it's over 27 degrees) and enjoy yourself!

What cracks me up going to the pools in November is seeing all the lifeguards in their parkas! They must think we are insane for getting in the pool in the first place, so they probably aren't phased by our pale Canadian skin!

I honestly felt bad when we were there in November. The one lifeguard had on her pants but no coat and I will admit it was cool but not cold. My youngest and I were in the pool and watched this little boy on the far end of the pool struggling. His mom was on the side watching him struggle. Do you know the poor lifeguard had to jump in and swim across the pool to get to the boy but his brother (I assume it was brother) that was nearby grabbed him before the lifeguard got there. The mom never moved.

That lifeguard was cold and wet. Thankfully they sent a replacement for her. We watched the lifeguards a lot this trip. It was interesting that they continued their water checks even with everyone out of the pool.

If anyone stares it is not because you are pale white. We Floridians are use to seeing white tourist from "non-sunny" locations. I am pale white and live in Florida.

You will probably get more stares from just swimming this time of year. I woke up in my Tampa home freezing today. All the kids were cold too so we had to turn the heat up!

We don't swim this time of year, even in heated pools because you are still breathing in the cold air and freezing when you get out of the pool.

If anyone stares it is not because you are pale white. We Floridians are use to seeing white tourist from "non-sunny" locations. I am pale white and live in Florida.

You will probably get more stares from just swimming this time of year. I woke up in my Tampa home freezing today. All the kids were cold too so we had to turn the heat up!

We don't swim this time of year, even in heated pools because you are still breathing in the cold air and freezing when you get out of the pool.

and took a few "informal" polls when we saw people in the pool. (We didn't.. but a few days we would have considered warm enough.)

ALL NORTHERNERS. Guess we grow a thicker skin up here. Sad when 50 feels like summer.

I'm a ginger! I just reflect sunlight. I find Disney to be the one place I don't have to care about my appearance. I love when people mock my crocs but end up miserable because their trendy shoes crippled them or their feet are sopping wet. It's Disney!!!! Who cares what you look like??!?!?!

I want to thank you all for the encouraging words! Like I said, I'm not sure we'll even have the weather to swim but if we do its nice to know I wont be alone in my albino-ness! It makes me feel much more comfortable as not only am I devoid of color but being a mom of 3, I'm heavier than I'd like as well. So thats another point of embarassment for myself but we're going to have a good time anyway! I'm so ready to get away and enjoy the months of planning i've put into this trip :cool1:

MSSANDRA said:
I saw a blue guy last year so don't worry about being white. It was 27 degrees that morning and he was floating around in the pool!!! WDW is one place we do not care what others think about how we look.
We are there to have fun and being comfortable is a huge part of that! Swim away (if it's over 27 degrees) and enjoy yourself!

Goodness- Fahrenheit??
At 27F, I'm in the backyard testing the ice on our rink! In coat, scarves, hat, and mittens!

this could well be the best question ever.:rotfl:

I kid you not,my dd and I are whiter than white- we are true English roses!
a doctor was examining dd once and commented on how she was almost translucent!
and we don't tan- at all- even in wdw in August.:confused3

true story,me and dd were waiting for dh and ds in dhs.
a lady came over to us,asked if we were English,and said she knew it,as we were so pale- it was day 10 of our vacation.:rotfl2:

It's Disney! Go swim! The best part of Disney is being able to not care about what other people think. I personally take the opportunity to wear all the ridiculous hats. (Goofy, Mickey Ears, Oswald ears, etc) I cart them back and forth each trip because Disney is the ONE place I can wear all my crazy hats and it actually seems normal.

this could well be the best question ever.:rotfl:

I kid you not,my dd and I are whiter than white- we are true English roses!
a doctor was examining dd once and commented on how she was almost translucent!
and we don't tan- at all- even in wdw in August.:confused3

true story,me and dd were waiting for dh and ds in dhs.
a lady came over to us,asked if we were English,and said she knew it,as we were so pale- it was day 10 of our vacation.:rotfl2:
Every once in a while, some random person will ask if I'm English...Now I get it.

I'm part Italian and the only thing I was bless with from that is greasiness and too much hair in spots I don't care to have any, lol. The German and Irish in me took over and I'm pale-ish. My husband has Indian in him and tans really well so he always has something to say about my q-tip legs in the summer, lol. I don't care....I'm Caucasian I tell him, get over it, lol. At Disney (or any other time), I don't care about my color! ;)

PosadaGirl519 said:
I'm a ginger! I just reflect sunlight. I find Disney to be the one place I don't have to care about my appearance. I love when people mock my crocs but end up miserable because their trendy shoes crippled them or their feet are sopping wet. It's Disney!!!! Who cares what you look like??!?!?!

I feel the same way! I'm a ginger with pale, freckled skin who loves wearing my Crocs to WDW - especially on those wet rides!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter