The Mauro's Magical Disney Vacation on Food Network

Can't find it on the Food Network site.
Any suggestions?:confused3
Go to the site and look under "full episodes". I saw it there.

We really enjoyed the show but were kind of hoping that since it was on Food Network there would be more food showcased.

Yeah, and I would have like to see more food that wasn't fish. Maybe it is just because I have a fish allergy, but it seemed like mostly all they ate was fish. And I just kept saying to myself "well I can't have that..." The naan bread looked good though.

Go to the site and look under "full episodes". I saw it there.

Yeah, and I would have like to see more food that wasn't fish. Maybe it is just because I have a fish allergy, but it seemed like mostly all they ate was fish. And I just kept saying to myself "well I can't have that..." The naan bread looked good though.

Every time they ate something they kept saying it was phenomenal....when they ate the naan I was waiting for them to say it was phe-naan-enal! Haha!

If for no other reason, you know this special was fake and completely scripted when you saw people actually *enjoying* Chef Mickey's. :rotfl:

I enjoy it. :confused3

My 6 yr old picked up on the error about the witch in Fantasmic! I can't believe that made it through both script editing and production editing.

I couldn't believe that no one connected with the show knew that The Mauro's Magical Disney Vacation isn't correct. That means a magical Disney vacation belonging to the Mauro. It should've been The Mauros' Magical Disney Vacation. Seriously, people who write for a living don't know proper punctuation?

I watched and DVR'd it. I was very glad for new Disney TV, but thought it was so cheesy. I still enjoyed it though. I also noticed the no line for BOG. DH and I also had a chuckle when he mentioned an Animal Guide "just happened" to be on the safari with them.

The host is the "Sandwich King." Why did he not visit the "Earl of Sandwich?"
:rolleyes1:rolleyes1:rolleyes1

Probably because it's not technically Disney. Ah well.

I enjoy it. :confused3

I couldn't believe that no one connected with the show knew that The Mauro's Magical Disney Vacation isn't correct. That means a magical Disney vacation belonging to the Mauro. It should've been The Mauros' Magical Disney Vacation. Seriously, people who write for a living don't know proper punctuation?

Bwahahahaha! Right there with ya. Misuse of apostrophes by the supposed pros irks me.

I actually wondered that, too, lol!!

And I was so puzzled as to why they were all wearing MB's, but scanned their card instead?? That was driving me crazy.
Other than that, I enjoyed it. But then again, I'll watch anything that shows me WDW. :)

This the part that drove me nuts. I enjoyed the episode though.

^^^^^
THAT drove me crazy the whole time! It's like the movie Two Weeks Notice. Not one person involved in the production of this show knew it was wrong???

I watched this special this afternoon and in spite of its commercial like elements I enjoyed it as it gave me a little Disney fix :)
I also didn't understand why they were shown scanning a card for the rides but were all wearing Magicbands throughout the entire special :confused3 I also loved how they "walked up" to Be Our Guest and how during their dinner there he scheduled their fastpasses for Kilimanjaro Safaris with his phone and they all discussed their "Disney side" ;)

I got a kick out of watching the other folks dining behind the Mauro family...they must have strict instructions on how to act. I wonder how they were chosen. If I was there, I'd probably be staring or pointing, and would most likely spill my drink or choke on something I was eating...you know what it's like if you're eating with your boss or someone you want to impress...it's like you totally forgot how to eat!

that was kinda cute and sweet. i reckon they filmed it all in one or two days - I don't think anyone was bumped from their V&A booking. I'm guessing they had their romantic date night at V&A at 11am! :rotfl2: they didn't get to eat anything and there was no work going on in the kitchen.
they didn't even get as far as entering TSMM, let alone ride it!
and the poor people in the background at Prime Time! I feel sorry for those kids at the next table with all the food and not allowed to touch it:rolleyes:
and the ladies didn't even score the usual marketing compulsory shot of lying on a massage table (with head to side instead of in face hole) with lots of towels. maybe Australian spas are different, but we ain't going there to lie down on a bench. 10 mins in there - tops! :)
thanks for the tip off - i did enjoy it - and all your comments have been great!

I enjoyed the show for a Disney fix....but the whole time I'm thinking "Don't these parents want to spend a few moments with their kid?!" I know it was for the taping but idk, I couldn't imagine running here and there without my child in tow. About the only time I'm not around my DD is when I'm running to get FP's (which I guess I won't have to do anymore). Maybe I was being too cynical.

I enjoyed the show for a Disney fix....but the whole time I'm thinking "Don't these parents want to spend a few moments with their kid?!" I know it was for the taping but idk, I couldn't imagine running here and there without my child in tow. About the only time I'm not around my DD is when I'm running to get FP's (which I guess I won't have to do anymore). Maybe I was being too cynical.

Not to mention....if the only thing your kid is interested in seeing at Disney is a giraffe, then there are cheaper alternatives to see one. ;)

Well, I can understand having some Grandparent time for the kid. But I kept thinking he didn't get to do much there. It seemed like mostly he ate, swam, and looked at animals at the resort. Hopefully he got to do some more things off camera.
In fact, it seemed like they were trying to show how there was more to do than just the parks because it seemed like they barely showed the parks. Everyone was busy elsewhere. I guess they wanted to show there was something for everyone and more to WDW than just lines. :rotfl2:
BTW, anyone know where their private fireworks viewing area was? I noticed there was no one else around. Could they really see the fireworks, or did they just rope off a big area for just them? I'm wondering if they really watched them or just filmed them standing there and said they were watching.

This was a tv show filmed early morning before opening. The other guests were extras. They did not neglect their child, they were just doing what the producers told them to do. Chances are there wasn't even a vacation had by the family. Maybe they came at another time to vacation who knows. I'm sure it wasn't filmed.

It was a scripted tv show.

Oh I totally understood that but I couldn't help but think about how much "My side" there was and not much "family time".

Oh please, obviously, they scanned their cards because the magic bands weren't working... :)

The show did show me that I like the green magic band and I am glad I have chosen that color :) (to bad purple isn't available)

Oh I totally understood that but I couldn't help but think about how much "My side" there was and not much "family time".

The purpose was to highlight the restaurants more than anything, and they probably didn't want the kid shown in CG or Victoria & Alberts, as these restaurants especially the latter, are for grown ups.

Also it's difficult to direct a kid so it's easier to film him in a pool, on a ride, etc. rather than a restaurant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter