The March 2014 Thread!!!!

I could not find any good prices for early Sat morning 3/1 which is when we usually fly out so we are coming in late Friday night. I know I have to pay for another night in the hotel but the only flight I could find on Sat for a reasonable price would have gotten us there like 2-3pm. And at least if we get there Friday night, we can be up and ready to go bright and early Sat morning! And I got a return flight back late the following Friday night so that will be like a whole extra day we have to spend there!

Hoping someone can help me with this! Our travel group consists of 10 for the entire trip, 11 for the first few days (my Mom). 4 of them are "on their own" as far as reservations, they're already set. The other 6/7 of us are in a quandry. Original and still hoped-for plan is 3 rooms at the Poly, standard view. But these constant rumors of major construction going on there have us worried. So this weekend we came up with a back-up plan - 2 BR Lake View Villa at BLT for 6 of us (my family of 4 plus my sister and her husband) and then a Lake View Studio for my Mom for her 3 or 4 night stay).

Here's the dilemma - even though that's the back up plan, we feel like we need to get BLT booked, especially the 2 BR. We may not know anything for sure about the Poly until maybe even January and those 2 BR might be gone. So I was thinking we'd book BLT this week and then just change to the Poly if the construction gets pushed off/cancelled, etc. Since they're just Standard View rooms, I don't really forsee a problem. But my sister is worried about not having something booked at the Poly (this was to be their first stay there and they don't want to miss out if it's going to be construction-free). Is there a way we can book both for now? Can one of us do the BLT villa(s) and one of us book the Poly rooms? I've never tried to book multiple rooms at once. I know my Mom's would need to be separate because hers is different dates, but can I put 2 Poly rooms on one ressie (same dining, same tickets)? Is it considered 1 package or 2?

I'd just like to do this as simply as possible. I'm fine with just waiting on the Poly, but I"m not sure my sister is. Maybe I should just book BLT and have them book their Poly room. Then if they need to switch, I just add them to our package? And if we need to switch, we just move our ressie to Poly?

Sorry so long, not sure on our best move here. I wish Disney would put out construction info sooner. I don't trust them at all really, when it comes to this stuff. Last trip, we knew before we arrived that the pool slide was closed, from the Dis and Tikiman, and then found out on our way driving down, that the monorail would be closed during the days most of our trip -again from boards. When we checked in, I played dumb and they didn't even MENTION either thing. When you're paying those prices, the least they could do is be honest about what facilities/conveniences are available!

I have 2 different reservations booked for our dates. I really want to stay in a 1 bedroom at Bay Lake so I booked it right away. My kids want to stay in a savannah view room at Kidani so I booked that too with a AAA 20%off discount. I need to make up my mind so i can cancel one. Both show up on my Disney Experience. The only bad thing is that I had to pay the room only deposit on both. Any suggestions on the pros and cons of both?

Man seeing the FD being posted today for the rest of 2013 is making me kinda jealous. We have gone the week after Thanksgiving the last 4 years and got FD every trip. With my oldest starting 4th grade we decided that pulling her out for a week is not an option anymore. I am hoping we get some sort of deal the week of Mardi Gras since it is not attached to Presidents Day.

Does anyone know when we can start booking for March? I'm sure we have to wait until they jack up the prices for the next year but not sure when that will be. I think we'll go ahead and put down the payment for our trip so we can make dining reservations at 180 days out, and then cross my fingers for free dining!!

we have our package booked already! July 10th was the date it opened I think?

I'm also hoping for free dining or room only discount - we got one last year and it helped a lot.

I started a FB group for march 2014 if anyone wants to join to chat! (i'm not a TA or anything- just a crazy planner!) :)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/485391961534961/

If you have 2 resorts booked, yes you have to pay a deposit on both but if you cancel 45 days or more in advance, you get a refund so no harm, no foul!

Man seeing the FD being posted today for the rest of 2013 is making me kinda jealous. We have gone the week after Thanksgiving the last 4 years and got FD every trip. With my oldest starting 4th grade we decided that pulling her out for a week is not an option anymore. I am hoping we get some sort of deal the week of Mardi Gras since it is not attached to Presidents Day.

Keeping my fingers crossed!!

We're going back March 6-15...nothing officially booked yet since I have to wait until school starts to ask for my 2 days off.

We've started planning our meals and are most likely doing POR again (definitely in a preferred room this time, we were way out in building 36 this past March).

My husband's brother and his wife just mentioned they'd like to go at the same time, which will be awesome :)

Count us in for March 1-7! We're escaping Mardi Gras and DD will celebrate her 7th birthday while we're there. Booked our flights last night. The rest to come soon. :cool1:

Hi!

Joining in! We'll be there parts of the first and second week of March, staying at the Wilderness Lodge.

We're still debating between driving and flying. The price on air is such a buzzkill right now!

Yes, airfare for us was ridiculous. There are no deals at all from here and only very limited flights to pick from. The last 2 years mardi gras week flights to orlando were sold out before Nov. so it's buy now or never....

Count us in! March 15-22. Plans are to stay at AoA. Not booked yet; trying to decide on which family suite we want! Any recommendations are welcome!

March 15-24 Saratoga Springs!! Military package plus dining, 1st visit for the whole group!! Myself, DH, DD5, DS23 months, Mom & stepdad!!

Joining in also please.
We have booked Mar 15-22 at The Boardwalk Inn.
Cannot wait!:cool1:

We're going back March 6-15...nothing officially booked yet since I have to wait until school starts to ask for my 2 days off.

We've started planning our meals and are most likely doing POR again (definitely in a preferred room this time, we were way out in building 36 this past March).

My husband's brother and his wife just mentioned they'd like to go at the same time, which will be awesome :)

Awe!! Maybe we can have a dismeet! I'd like to book POR, but we're waiting on a few things before we're able to book. :yay:

Hi! Could you add us to your list, please? We just booked for March 29-April 3 at All Star Movies. I have debated on changing it to AoA due to having 2 scooters and a wheelchair since the buses do not share with other resorts. Also packing wise should we pack for all seasons or is it usually warm during that time? Swimming? Sorry if these questions have been asked. I'm just thinking ahead. I'm not excited or anything:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter