The March 2014 Thread!!!!

Just booked with Jetblue from Boston for $623 for the 3 of us. :cool1:

Now if only March could get here sooner.

Just booked with Jetblue from Boston for $623 for the 3 of us. :cool1:

Now if only March could get here sooner.

Wow, that's great!! Right now I am looking at about that amount EACH for airfare, x 4 people. Really hoping SW gives me some good news in a few weeks, lol!

We booked with Jetblue when fares came out last week. I'm so glad I did. Ticket prices are now higher. And even the SW prices are higher and they just opened sales today

Sent from my Samsung S3 using DISBoards

Southwest opened the window today............good thing I got up early! Got good flights (coming in and leaving at night - never flown at night before I dont think) for a decent price. Actually less than I thought I would have to pay! I paid about $600 for two from New Orleans. They really up the prices cause its Mardi Gras week! Boston for 3 for the same price I paid for 2 from NO! But like I said, I had been checking Delta and others and was prepared to spend up to $1000........so I feel like I have saved $400 this morning! LOL!

Cant wait till March (actually we are arriving the evening of Feb 28 so I can say we are going in Feb now! LOL!)

SnowWhite607 said:
Southwest opened the window today............good thing I got up early! Got good flights (coming in and leaving at night - never flown at night before I dont think) for a decent price. Actually less than I thought I would have to pay! I paid about $600 for two from New Orleans. They really up the prices cause its Mardi Gras week! Boston for 3 for the same price I paid for 2 from NO! But like I said, I had been checking Delta and others and was prepared to spend up to $1000........so I feel like I have saved $400 this morning! LOL!

Cant wait till March (actually we are arriving the evening of Feb 28 so I can say we are going in Feb now! LOL!)

I love a good deal and feeling like you saved money! Congrats

Looks like SW is going to open up fares for our dates on Aug. 26. Which is my DS's 3rd birthday, and DD's first day of school. Could they throw anything else at me that day??? :eek::eek:

Just to say...........SW opened up their fares for my dates this morning. I did not know what time so emailed SW to ask and they could not tell me. It was early, earlier than I thought. I logged on about 6:30am so be ready early to snatch up those tickets!

So I woke up this morning and logged onto Southwest website to book our departure flights. The rest of you must have logged on before me because all the cheap fairs were gone!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had to pay $279 per person.... What a rip off.

So I woke up this morning and logged onto Southwest website to book our departure flights. The rest of you must have logged on before me because all the cheap fairs were gone!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had to pay $279 per person.... What a rip off.

$279 total per person? Thats not bad! I think I paid $154 each way so $308 per ticket, $616 for the 2 of us.

Lol, I would be jumping for joy if I could find airfare under $300/person. We'll probably end up paying twice that :(

It was $279 for the flight from New Orleans to Orlando. Southwest has yet to release our return flight date of March 8th. We usually fly round trip for this price. I learned my lesson, I will be sitting at the computer at midnight when they open up the return flight date!

It was $279 for the flight from New Orleans to Orlando. Southwest has yet to release our return flight date of March 8th. We usually fly round trip for this price. I learned my lesson, I will be sitting at the computer at midnight when they open up the return flight date!

Gotcha - OUCH! Well like I said, I got some for our return flight for I think $145 so just try early and often. Like I said, I was planning to get up at 7 or so and check on the flights, not thinking they would be available till later on. Well I woke up early at 6:30 and decided to try and they were open already. Maybe if you get a really inexpensive flight home, that will make up for the flight there?

We are in the same boat. I booked our departure yesterday from NO and have to wait till they release our flight home on the 8th. I was online right after 6am because that is when I thought that it opened and the early nonstop were already gone. I ended up booking one that is partially operated by airtran for 156 per person. I refused to pay the rates that were left for the nonstop! I plan to keep checking just in case rates change.

I am SO bummed that they literally cut off the dates the day that we want to fly! BOO Southwest!!! :sad1: Oh well, it's okay. We're not sure on if we're flying out local or if we're driving to Nashville. Long story, but my husband MAY or may not be in Nashville that weekend for work… so that will mess with us, since we literally won't know until the last week of February!

I'm part of a March FB group… if any of you are interested in joining, here is the link!

jcieutat said:

We chose to come back March 7 because its the start of spring break on the 8th and the difference in fare was over $200 pp to come back the next morning.
So we ended up taking the last flight out on the 7th.

Hope your fares are reasonable on the 8th!

After mulling over the flight, I switched to the later flight that will put us arriving at MCO around 1:55PM. It will put us getting to the resort 3 hours later but it also knocked down the airfare over $800!

We are going march 7th thru march 21st. We will be staying offsite. However I'm getting married march 10th at the sunrise Terrance so planning 2 nights at the AKL! March just can't get here fast enough!

Looks like we're postponing our March trip to October.

I've never been so emotionally conflicted - excited and sad at the same time! :lmao:

After mulling over the flight, I switched to the later flight that will put us arriving at MCO around 1:55PM. It will put us getting to the resort 3 hours later but it also knocked down the airfare over $800!

$800 is well worth the 3 hours, IMO! 2 isn't terrible though. You could still do DTD or some resort meal. Congrats on your savings!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter