The March 2014 Thread!!!!

Thanks for all the advice :coffee:, but I think we are going to stick with POR. My oldest DS told me the other day he just likes how relaxing it is after being in the parks all day (such a mature answer). Oh, and he likes the pool too!! :goodvibes

MARCH cannot get here fast enough..... so ready for some Disneytime!! pixiedust:

Something I meant to put in my pro's and con's but forgot is that AOA is the price of a deluxe for a value. :crazy2: Yeah, not sure about that.

I think you made a great choice!

We'll be returning this March, as well. Every other year my entire family (mom, dad, brother & sister, and spouses, 3 neices and a nephew) goes down.

This year, for the first time, I'll have my own little one to take around. She'll be turning one about a week after we go, so we're also thinking of doing her first birthday down there.

Do any of y'all have experience with baby birthdays at WDW?

We'll be staying at AoA around St. Patrick's Day!

I am officially all caught up on the Who's going when list! Sorry I've been away for a little while.

Could you add me too? Thanks!! :cool1: Mar 21-24 AKV

Well I know I said in my first post this was going to be a relaxing, simple, no-parks trip... but I think we've already changed our mind, lol! Since we are staying at AKL, we are going to spend one day at AK. We didn't get hardly any time there in April and I feel like we need a "do-over". All I got to do was the Safari and the train to RPW. DD and DH also did Dinosaur, EE, and saw the LK show, but even that hardly scratches the surface.

So we'll probably still hang out at the resort on Sat (since we get in late Fri), then hit the park Sun. I'm hoping since it's just for one day we can skip the afternoon break and push through, open to close. Or as much as we can take anyway. :lmao:

I'm actually starting to wonder if this is a better way to do Disney - short mini-trips every year instead of one big trip every few years. It will be interesting to see how this one goes, anyway. It wouldn't be practical at all if we didn't have family in FL and fly down there every year anyway. But since we do, maybe we should be taking advantage of the location more. DH will be the hard one to convince, he likes his "big vacations", and is always afraid we will "over-do" Disney, but maybe if this trip goes amazingly well, he'll reconsider :goodvibes

I have been for Mardi Gras twice before.........the first time was before Pres Day and it was great! The 2nd time was around the first week in March after Pres Day and it was a LITTLE more crowded but not terrible. The problem was that some colleges in the north were on spring break. BUT we usually go in the summer so anything is better than June! LOL!

I am trying to decide if I want to go Fri - Thurs, Fri - Fri or Sat - Fri......we usually stay 5 nites for Mardi Gras so even Sat - Fri is an extra night. But I *really* kind of want to surprise DD and do a week.

Some background.......DD12 (will be 13) asked me to take her on a girls only trip, no men! So since DH usually coaches high school football during Feb and March, he is usually busy so he cant travel anyway and we started planning. Well.......they didnt need him for softball this year so he WILL be home but we dont want him to go - after all, its GIRLS ONLY! He is totally supportive of me taking DD by myself and we are both very excited.

Luckily, I got a long term job (I am a substitute teacher) back in March and the money has been set aside for the trip as well as airfare. It makes the waiting much harder since we dont have to save the money, etc.

We are staying at POFQ where we stayed in June '12 and not totally sure of the dates (see above). Its only like $210 to add another nite so I may just go for the 7 day and let DD think we are only staying for 6......that way when she says "Mommy, I dont want to leave tomorrow" I can say "WE'RE NOT!!" LOL!

You can add me!! We just confirmed today!!!

March 29-April 4th at Beach Club!!!!

Did anyone set up a facebook group?

I started a FB group if anyone is interested
Walt Disney World March 2014

wonder when jet blue will open up march for flights? right now it's only until Feb 11th.

Sorry I change my reservation yesterday same dates but different resort. Now we are staying at All Stars Music. Still very excited. :cool1::banana::cool1:

Okay so altogether, how many people on here will be down there the very first week of March? We should do something!

Jetblue has opened their flights. We are officially booked!!

I can't find a Facebook group though....

Sent from my Samsung S3 using DISBoards

There are quite a few things to consider when deciding which one your family would prefer.

AOA Pro's - Nice variety at food court, great theming, extra bathroom, NEW resort

POR Pro's - pool slide, bus stop near your room (maybe....)

We have considered AOA as well and may do that one but my boys LOVE a pool slide so I really don't know. Yes the pool slide may make or break us.... :confused3

Those were the 2 we've been considering too for my family of 5. My 2 youngest would LOVE AoA, unfortunately I think my oldest (7 and on the autism spectrum) would find AoA to be too much stimulation. So POR it is, although I think all of my kid would love the pool at AoA too.
Speaking of pools, is it generally warm enough to swim at the beginning of March? I was booked for the first week in December and since no FD was offered, I am looking the options for other potentially discounted times.
That, and times that it is not too crowded. : )

Thanks for all the advice :coffee:, but I think we are going to stick with POR. My oldest DS told me the other day he just likes how relaxing it is after being in the parks all day (such a mature answer). Oh, and he likes the pool too!! :goodvibes

MARCH cannot get here fast enough..... so ready for some Disneytime!! pixiedust:

That's exactly why we are sticking with POR too. For the relaxing aspect for my oldest son. : )

Well apparently Jet Blue does not fly from New Orleans to Orlando :( Got to wait for Southwest to open the window I guess!

Well apparently Jet Blue does not fly from New Orleans to Orlando :( Got to wait for Southwest to open the window I guess!

They don't have a direct flight from Chicago to Orlando either! I'd have to fly to Puerto Rico then to Orlando. I'm watching those Southwest release dates myself!

We are doing 5 day disney trip starting on March 9th. First trip for DD 7and DS10. I am giving myself until the end of August to pick a resort. It is so overwhelming trying to pick. I am also waiting on southwest so I can see those flights. It is going to be great! The kids are a perfect age! It is intense trying to plan. I know DD would love a character meal with the princesses. We are going to do park hopper to make the most of they time we have.

March 30 - April 6th - Pop Century!

First time grandbabies are going to WDW! And we get to enjoy the magic with them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter